[1.2.2] B9 Aerospace | Release 6.2.1 (Old Thread)

bac9

Well first time I tried this mod (1.1.3 version) and I can't get rid off the feeling that these engines are pretty overpowered... I mean low tech s****y jet plane who breaks Mach one after 20 seconds in air in this stock atmosphere (btw this one is far denser than 1.0.4)? Is FAR really necessary... I don't like poking physics engine... because I have about 50, maybe 70 modes this time... and I don't know which one likes/dislikes FAR... 

10 minutes ago, NeverEnoughFuel!! said:

Well first time I tried this mod (1.1.3 version) and I can't get rid off the feeling that these engines are pretty overpowered... I mean low tech s****y jet plane who breaks Mach one after 20 seconds in air in this stock atmosphere (btw this one is far denser than 1.0.4)? Is FAR really necessary... I don't like poking physics engine... because I have about 50, maybe 70 modes this time... and I don't know which one likes/dislikes FAR... 

They shouldn't unlock any sooner than stock engines capable of doing the same thing.  Is this not the case?  Exactly what engine are you talking about (this would have been good information to start with)?

UUUPS my mistake i.e. stupidity... I'm really sorry... it is this "new" one squad stock J-33 "Wheely" 120 kn thrust... I'm just not use to this new models and engines (since I recently switched from 1.0.4) and I just installed Engineering Tech Tree so I'm a bit lost with timeline of engines appearance... I'm really sorry... btw does anyone knows how to fly with this "fan" engines, I think they are part of USI... I tried to fly one craft (nothing serious) but it keeps tumbling and flipping...

4 hours ago, NeverEnoughFuel!! said:

The stock engines are capable breaking Mach 3 in less than minute.

All you need is a lightweight craft.

7 hours ago, NeverEnoughFuel!! said:

btw does anyone knows how to fly with this "fan" engines, I think they are part of USI... I tried to fly one craft (nothing serious) but it keeps tumbling and flipping...

If you want to use it for VTOL with more than 1 engine, I recommend you to use TCA (Throttle Controlled Avionics)

Woooo!   I've fixed the M27 cockpit !

Three things have changed :

1. In the line "module = CommandPod", CommandPod needs to be changed to "Part"  --> This will allow the part to show up in the game/tree/VAB/SPH
  2. The lines for the lights needs to be changed to the default light module for version 1.20

MODULE
     {
      name = ModuleColorChanger
      shaderProperty = _EmissiveColor
      animRate = 0.8
      animState = false
      useRate = true
      toggleInEditor = true
      toggleInFlight = true
      toggleInFlight = true
      unfocusedRange = 5
      toggleName = Toggle Lights
      eventOnName = Lights On
      eventOffName = Lights Off
      toggleAction = True
      defaultActionGroup = Light
      redCurve
      {
       key = 0 0 0 3
       key = 1 1 0 0
      }
      greenCurve
      {
       key = 0 0 0 1
       key = 1 1 1 0
      }
      blueCurve
      {
       key = 0 0 0 0
       key = 1 0.7 1.5 0
      }
      alphaCurve
      {
       key = 0 1
      }
     }

3. I copied the antenna module from the "Mk1 lander can" into the part's file as well.

Number #2 and #3 are optional, as it does not prevent the part of showing-up in-game, but since I was fixing it, why not.
I hope this post helps ppl interested in the parts, and obviously the mod's creators to save a bunch of time updating their parts.

Good week end ! :)

2 hours ago, NoXion said:

When will this be released for 1.2? In the meantime, will this mod work if I installed it in KSP 1.2?

Short answer (for me at least), no. A small portion of parts appear and are functional, however, a shocking majority either is missing or there but nonfunctional. Including those struts, rendering 90% of my creations inoperable :(.

1 minute ago, wrench-in-the-works said:

Short answer (for me at least), no. A small portion of parts appear and are functional, however, a shocking majority either is missing or there but nonfunctional. Including those struts, rendering 90% of my creations inoperable :(.

That's a shame. When I first got KSP I had a couple of mods installed for earlier versions that kind of worked (Mark IV Spaceplane System and another one I've forgotten), although I've since installed the updated versions for 1.2

49 minutes ago, wrench-in-the-works said:

I have the same issue. It looks like we'll be at the mercy of whoever decides to make the parts work.

4 hours ago, Program Kerbal Space said:

How do i install this?

On the first page of this thread, first post, you'll see a button to download the pack from Github.  Download and unzip it somewhere on your hard drive.  Then go into that unzipped folder and find a subfolder called GameData.  Copy everything inside that folder into the GameData folder in your installation of KSP.

The current version of B9 is compatible with version 1.1.3 of KSP, and a version compatible with 1.2 is being worked on.

2 hours ago, wrench-in-the-works said:

I've just been playing in sandbox until this mod gets updated, as I have a save I've been working on since 1.0.5 that relies heavily on some B9 parts I'm currently missing.

I have an issue I haven't seen reported here.  In the spaceplane hangar, when I use the Mk1 1m or 4m body sections it looks like the game is trying to apply two textures at the same time, and that they're fighting each other.  It flickers back and forth between the textures.  I can't tell you if the 0.25m, 0.5m, or 2m ones have the same behavior, because they're not showing up at all.  

The following showed up in my output_log:

Non platform assembly: C:\Games\KSP120a\KSP_win64\GameData\B9PartSwitch\Plugins\B9PartSwitch.dll (this message is harmless)
ADDON BINDER: Cannot resolve assembly: KSPUtil, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 42)

ADDON BINDER: Cannot resolve assembly: KSPUtil, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 42)

AssemblyLoader: Exception loading 'B9PartSwitch': System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: The classes in the module cannot be loaded.
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.Assembly:GetTypes (bool)
  at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at AssemblyLoader.LoadAssemblies () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

@blowfish, do you need the whole log or does that help?

Edited by edrobotguy

26 minutes ago, Alvargon said:

Hi, what is the diferencie between the normal, HX and legacy?

Normal pack contains parts that most of players use and are properly updated for latest KSP version.

HX pack contains large futuristic parts that not all of players use and cause significant memory usage. Memory usage was more of issue in past with previous KSP versions. Still, it is easier to provide instructions how to install those, for players that want them, than to write post for each user who want to remove them properly without deleting important files. Less false bug reports that way.

Legacy parts are parts that were no longer maintained, becoming obsolete for various reasons trough KSP and mod development. Those are mostly for user who still want to be able to load older craft designs or to prevent craft being deleted in game if some part is missing in cases when player migrate their savegame files from older KSP releases. If you are not used this mod previously, you probably don't need to install this one.

@blowfishshould we do another pre-release? The official RPM update does not seem to come anytime soon. A patch for 1.2 is announced now as well. We will have multiple releases anyway since SmokeScreen just got a compatibility update and Sarbian plans to rewrite that completely later down the line. As I see it RPM is mostly working and we can write a disclaimer that the small cosmetic issues will be fixed with the full release.

31 minutes ago, Flashblade said:

@blowfishshould we do another pre-release? The official RPM update does not seem to come anytime soon. A patch for 1.2 is announced now as well. We will have multiple releases anyway since SmokeScreen just got a compatibility update and Sarbian plans to rewrite that completely later down the line. As I see it RPM is mostly working and we can write a disclaimer that the small cosmetic issues will be fixed with the full release.

Agree with that. It will allow users to test all other things in mod besides RPM dependency. I doubt that KSP 1.2.x will break stuff that much as 1.2.0. release, but never know.  I'm still waiting for FAR update, though. So, take your own pace as you think is apropriate.

6 hours ago, kcs123 said:

Normal pack contains parts that most of players use and are properly updated for latest KSP version.

HX pack contains large futuristic parts that not all of players use and cause significant memory usage. Memory usage was more of issue in past with previous KSP versions. Still, it is easier to provide instructions how to install those, for players that want them, than to write post for each user who want to remove them properly without deleting important files. Less false bug reports that way.

Legacy parts are parts that were no longer maintained, becoming obsolete for various reasons trough KSP and mod development. Those are mostly for user who still want to be able to load older craft designs or to prevent craft being deleted in game if some part is missing in cases when player migrate their savegame files from older KSP releases. If you are not used this mod previously, you probably don't need to install this one.

Perfect, thx :wink: 

5 hours ago, Flashblade said:

Yeah, at this point I'm thinking that it might be a good idea.  There isn't much left to do, so I'll see if I can get it packaged up some time in the next few days.

4 minutes ago, edrobotguy said:

I'm using KSP 1.2 build 1586 and B9PartSwitch v1.4.3

Well there's your problem.  That release is not compatible with KSP 1.2 (and says so in the readme and version file).  I've addressed most of the issues, but in general you should expect most things to be broken on KSP 1.2 right now.  Don't try it unless you really know what you're doing (I would advise this in general, not just for B9 and KSP 1.2)

Edited by blowfish

4 hours ago, blowfish said:

Well there's your problem.  That release is not compatible with KSP 1.2 (and says so in the readme and version file).  I've addressed most of the issues, but in general you should expect most things to be broken on KSP 1.2 right now.  Don't try it unless you really know what you're doing (I would advise this in general, not just for B9 and KSP 1.2)

Good thing I really know what I'm doing, then.  Yeah, I know it isn't compatible yet.  I just hadn't seen that particular issue reported yet, and figured you ought to know.

Edited by edrobotguy