[1.2.2] B9 Aerospace | Release 6.2.1 (Old Thread)

bac9

2 hours ago, edrobotguy said:

Good thing I really know what I'm doing, then.  Yeah, I know it isn't compatible yet.  I just hadn't seen that particular issue reported yet, and figured you ought to know.

Well, the changelog for B9PartSwitch v1.5.0 does say "1.2 compatibility" ... that might be a good place to start :wink:

1 minute ago, blowfish said:

@Francois424 Could you clarify what you mean about the lights?  I don't see anything broken currently.

Well... here was no option to turn the lights on, even after doing #1... VAB or otherwise.
If it works on your side, then that's great @blowfish, don't sweat it.

I'm more of an amateur modder than a pro, so there might be more stuff I did not understand this Sunday.
In my case I had to import the code from a squad part (and it worked too).

Thanks for your hard work on this mod !

3 minutes ago, Francois424 said:

Well... here was no option to turn the lights on, even after doing #1... VAB or otherwise.
If it works on your side, then that's great @blowfish, don't sweat it.

I'm more of an amateur modder than a pro, so there might be more stuff I did not understand this Sunday.
In my case I had to import the code from a squad part (and it worked too).

Thanks for your hard work on this mod !

Could you clarify exactly what part you're talking about?  The only place I don't see it is on the new Mk2 cockpits, but that's because they lack emissives entirely, nothing changed for that in 1.2

E: Looks like the cockpits still use Firespitter animation modules.  Maybe you have an outdated version of Firespitter?

Edited by blowfish

2 hours ago, blowfish said:

Well, the changelog for B9PartSwitch v1.5.0 does say "1.2 compatibility" ... that might be a good place to start :wink:

That would be a great place to start.  Where would I find this?  Because the download link on the first page is to b9 v6.1.2 for KSP 1.1.3, which includes B9PartSwitch v1.4.3.

27 minutes ago, edrobotguy said:

That would be a great place to start.  Where would I find this?  Because the download link on the first page is to b9 v6.1.2 for KSP 1.1.3, which includes B9PartSwitch v1.4.3.

It has its own thread.  I suppose it might be worth linking in the OP, but it is linked in the readme.  It shouldn't come as a surprise that the versions of the plugins bundled with a version of B9 for KSP 1.1.3 are for KSP 1.1.3

12 hours ago, blowfish said:

It has its own thread.  I suppose it might be worth linking in the OP, but it is linked in the readme.  It shouldn't come as a surprise that the versions of the plugins bundled with a version of B9 for KSP 1.1.3 are for KSP 1.1.3

Ah, I thought all of B9 was bundled together.  Thanks!

24 minutes ago, edrobotguy said:

Ah, I thought all of B9 was bundled together.  Thanks!

That would be the case if we had a release version to offer, but that is not the case yet and B9PartSwitch is available seperately for other mods to make use of it. :)

On 10/24/2016 at 0:51 AM, edrobotguy said:

On the first page of this thread, first post, you'll see a button to download the pack from Github.  Download and unzip it somewhere on your hard drive.  Then go into that unzipped folder and find a subfolder called GameData.  Copy everything inside that folder into the GameData folder in your installation of KSP.

The current version of B9 is compatible with version 1.1.3 of KSP, and a version compatible with 1.2 is being worked on.

thx! ill try this when 1.2 comes out!

5 hours ago, Flashblade said:

That would be the case if we had a release version to offer, but that is not the case yet and B9PartSwitch is available seperately for other mods to make use of it. :)

Happy to report that updating B9PartSwitch resolved the issue of competing textures.  I'm looking forward to the full release.  I'm also looking forward to the eventual bug-free version of KSP itself.  Hey, I can dream...

13 hours ago, edrobotguy said:

I'm also looking forward to the eventual bug-free version of KSP itself.  Hey, I can dream...

Given the inherent nature of PC games (and computer software in general), this dream is unlikely to ever become reality, though the absence of a bug-free KSP is not because of a lack of trying on Squad's part.

6 hours ago, King Something said:

Given the inherent nature of PC games (and computer software in general), this dream is unlikely to ever become reality, though the absence of a bug-free KSP is not because of a lack of trying on Squad's part.

Oh, I know, believe me.  I've been programming computers for more than thirty years.  Tore my hair out long ago.

56 minutes ago, edrobotguy said:

Oh, I know, believe me.  I've been programming computers for more than thirty years.  Tore my hair out long ago.

On this whole subject: I think we have reached a point were the bottleneck is actually the human brain. More and more complex software in an ever increasing multitude of platform not to mention a plethora of programming languages. Until "self fixing" compiler and other AI approach become a reality, we are not going to see "perfect" programming.

Edited by Galenmacil

2 hours ago, Galenmacil said:

On this whole subject: I think we have reached a point were the bottleneck is actually the human brain. More and more complex software in an ever increasing multitude of platform not to mention a plethora of programming languages. Until "self fixing" compiler and other AI approach become a reality, we are not going to see "perfect" programming.

At some point, the cost of quality control exceeds the benefit.  it isn't worth it to try and ferret out every possible set of conditions that could cause a bug, especially under time and budgetary constraint.  This is particularly true for games, unfortunately, as the market turnover rate is very high.  A production house wants to put out the next game, not try and perfect one thats five years old.

KSP has developed differently.  For any other game, this would be development hell.  Instead, it became a labor of love, and the modding community got so involved that quite a few top modders got hired.  There has been a lot more care put into making the game the best that it can be for something that has been in development (1.x designation notwithstanding) for so long.

I never expect to see a fully bug-free anything.  That might be the only thing that eventually saves us from Skynet ever happening.

On 27.10.2016 at 3:44 AM, edrobotguy said:

Until "self fixing" compiler and other AI approach become a reality, we are not going to see "perfect" programming

We're closer than you think. Theoretical computer science is already closing in on that (symbolic execution, deviant behavior, etc), with a few practical implementations already yielding impressive results. The tools are there, they're just not in widespread use, especially not in the gaming industry.

I think it's very likely that in the not so distant future, programs will bootstrap themselves away from human fallibility. And it won't even need explicit AGI for that to happen (but then again, what exactly is sentience? Consciousness might after all just be an emergent phenomenon that just happens once system complexity / intraconnectivity reaches some order of magnitude...)

/topic

It seems B9AnimationModules has received a non-dev 1.2 update a few hours ago. "Official" B9 (pre-)release might be just around the corner.

7 hours ago, MaxRebo said:

It seems B9AnimationModules has received a non-dev 1.2 update a few hours ago. "Official" B9 (pre-)release might be just around the corner.

This arouses excites me.

58 minutes ago, debitfett said:

Any one else not able to change the storage settings on the HX parts in 1.2?

Im not shure if it is the mod not working whith 1.2 or if one of my other mods is doing it.

If you need a mod list, i can put one up.

The most recent release of B9 will not work with 1.2

B9 Aerospace v6.2.0-pre for KSP 1.2 is now available!

Changes

• Fixes for KSP 1.2
  • Use new part categories (thanks flashblade)
  • Fix some previously inconsistent part categories (thanks flashblade)
  • All data transmitters to all command pods and Kerbnet access to all drone cores (thanks flashblade)
  • Adjust subtype names to that they display better in the editor
  • Fix FAR patch on Mk2 Intake Cockpit
  • Use custom tank types in B9 rather than default B9PartSwitch ones - for now they are identical

Due to the bundled version of RasterPropMonitor being a beta, this is marked as a prerelease

This release will not appear on CKAN, so please don't ask about it.  Until RPM has a non-beta release that appears on CKAN, I cannot make a release that will appear on CKAN

Does this replace the textures of the stock parts with those shown in the screenshots? Or just add new parts that look like that? If it doesn't, would you ever be able to make a mod that replaces them like VSR? They look really cool and stock parts are a bit bland. 

Pre-release time! Do grab it good folks! :D

2 hours ago, Benji13 said:

Does this replace the textures of the stock parts with those shown in the screenshots? Or just add new parts that look like that? If it doesn't, would you ever be able to make a mod that replaces them like VSR? They look really cool and stock parts are a bit bland. 

Not certain what you mean here. B9 parts always had their very own set of textures that look different from stock parts but blend okay with them.

49 minutes ago, Flashblade said:

Pre-release time! Do grab it good folks! :D

Not certain what you mean here. B9 parts always had their very own set of textures that look different from stock parts but blend okay with them.

I mean does this change the textures of the stock parts like Ven's Stock Revamp does for the rocket parts or do the stock parts stay the same?

From your reply I'm guessing that it does not change the stock parts however I wish it did. Those lines look sweet. 

Edit: What I mean is that it would be great if someone made a mod that made all the stock mk2 stuff look like this:

xprzIbn.jpg

or just all mk2 stuff. I'm looking at you mk2 expansion...

Edited by Benji13