[1.2.2] B9 Aerospace | Release 6.2.1 (Old Thread)

bac9

:-))
There is almost everything in the game now.....but we miss little tiny bit.

There are no good wheels. :-)) And good chunk of people is looking for it.

I have been asking all around but no luck so far.

Found few people that might be interested, but either lack time or certain parts of the original models and so on.

There is a thread :

please come and debate share ideas there if you have any.

So I spent a day trying to get the wheels working with @Shadowmage's new wheel implementation

Initial results have been good.  It didn't require any model changes, but did require code changes to both KSPWheel (PR already submitted) and B9PartSwitch.  KSPWheel should still be considered an early beta as well, so bundling it with B9 is out of the question.  Best I could probably offer if this goes through is that the wheels would show up if you installed KSPWheel separately.

This also bodes well for converting Adjustable Landing Gear, especially since no model changes where necessary.

12 hours ago, blowfish said:

This also bodes well for converting Adjustable Landing Gear, especially since no model changes where necessary.

Let me know how it goes with the ALG models.  My offer still stands to merge them into KF in the long-term, but you might well be able to get them going again faster/easier with your access to the original BD and FS modules that they were rigged for.  However if they end up not working out / requiring too much work, I'm still willing to re-rig them and write up some new/custom modules to run their features.

12 hours ago, blowfish said:

Best I could probably offer if this goes through is that the wheels would show up if you installed KSPWheel separately.

Good enough, if my opinion matter. It would not create "major" dependency mod for B9, like RPM mod currently is, to hold back release on KSP updates if dependency mod is not updated properly. KSPWheel can then be recommended mod trough CKAN when it become available and you always put instructions in changelog for people who actualy read changelog and know how to install stuff without CKAN.

At least you will not need to create additional part pack just for wheels, once KSPWheel mod and parts work properly together.

9 hours ago, Motokid600 said:

I noticed im not getting any emitter effects on the jet engines at all. No glow, no exhaust. I remember seeing this before, but cant think of what the the problem was.             output_log      LOG

Did you toggle the after burners in an Action Group? That got me a couple months ago.