[1.2.2] B9 Aerospace | Release 6.2.1 (Old Thread)

bac9

are there supposed to be movable cargo bay doors for the hx size?

i wish! for now we can do with IR and stuff.... also i would like to ask the devs to have not only a type but also negative a(opposite side) hollow because the radial attachment only works on below and i might want left or right or top openings

I see that tweakScale was listed as causing CTDs and graphics issues; is it a case of it makes things ugly when scaled up too high and CTDs when you try to make the biggest HX parts 300% scaled, or is it a case of the UI not showing up if you manage to get the game loaded?

I see that tweakScale was listed as causing CTDs and graphics issues; is it a case of it makes things ugly when scaled up too high and CTDs when you try to make the biggest HX parts 300% scaled, or is it a case of the UI not showing up if you manage to get the game loaded?

Some users had issues that we managed to track down to TweakScale - more than that, I really don't know, because we haven't had time to test it ourselves.

Hopefully its just a matter of TweakScale learning how to manage parts with FS switchers in them.

I''m getting loads of null reference exceptions with loads of these in output_log:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at JSI.JSIVariableAnimator.LateUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: Line: -1)

at JSI.InternalCameraTargetHelper.LateUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

In VAB there is some cockpit without walls near the floor all the time (I can't click it or anything) and also there is no texture swithing button on right click on parts that should have it.

This is only happening on already mod-cluttered install, clean one works fine. I just wanted to ask if anybody seen similiar conflict so I could find offending plugin faster. I'm not trying to report issue as this is 100% due to one of my installed mods.

And congrats on release :) It looks great, nice job.

Edited by dzikakulka

I''m getting loads of null reference exceptions with loads of these in output_log:

at JSI.JSIVariableAnimator.LateUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at JSI.InternalCameraTargetHelper.LateUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

In VAB there is some cockpit without walls near the floor all the time (I can't click it or anything) and also there is no texture swithing button on right click on parts that should have it.

This is only happening on already mod-cluttered install, clean one works fine. I just wanted to ask if anybody seen similiar conflict so I could find offending plugin faster. I'm not trying to report issue as this is 100% due to one of my installed mods.

And congrats on release :) It looks great, nice job.

Do you have the base RPM mod installed? Its B9 patches can cause problems. We provide a file to blank them out but that only works if you overwrite the ones RPM provides.

Otherwise there's a list on the wiki with the mods other people have found cause issues.

Do you have the base RPM mod installed? Its B9 patches can cause problems. We provide a file to blank them out but that only works if you overwrite the ones RPM provides.

Otherwise there's a list on the wiki with the mods other people have found cause issues.

No, I've never used RPM :( Thanks for the help though, I'll start checking what's causing it tommorow and will post results.

Grats on release guys.

Few things I have noticed.

The Sabre M is producing electric charge in air breathing mode but in closed cycle it does not.

The Sabre M part config says 860kN thrust in air breathing mode but I only see 430kN in part description, this may be FAR but I dont see any MM configs for B9 in the FAR folder.

Does anyone else find the Sabre air breathing engine mode sound to be about as annoying as a steaming kettle?

Grats on release guys.

Few things I have noticed.

The Sabre M is producing electric charge in air breathing mode but in closed cycle it does not.

The Sabre M part config says 860kN thrust in air breathing mode but I only see 430kN in part description, this may be FAR but I dont see any MM configs for B9 in the FAR folder.

Does anyone else find the Sabre air breathing engine mode sound to be about as annoying as a steaming kettle?

1. The Alternator module only work for 1 engine mode per part. It's a KSP issue as far as I know.

2. I'm not sure about that.

3. Haven't use the sabre in a while.

All I can tell you there is that its not B9 - there's no way to set the stock alternator module to only work in one engine mode.

FAR de-rates air-breathing engines by 50%, so this is normal.

I'll make a note to change the description when FAR/NEAR are detected.

I'll be happy to try the new sound FX Squad are adding for 0.25, but until then there's only like 4 we can use.

Chris has just posted a very nice manual for the MFDs used in the new IVAs, check it out:

https://bitbucket.org/Taverius/b9-aerospace/wiki/Multi%20Function%20Display%20Manual

Any plans for an HX Sized probe core?

I tried moding the SAS into one but for some reason that crashed the game, repeatedly.

I see absolutely no reason to add it, computer cores never get to that size and you can attach existing probe cores to the HX surfaces in literally hundreds of good-looking and logical ways.

Any plans for an HX Sized probe core?

I tried moding the SAS into one but for some reason that crashed the game, repeatedly.

... not really. Any old probe core hidden somewhere works, all you need is a SAS to keep it going the right way.

Will craft from the V5 Pre-release still work with this actual release? Only I have a massive vessel in orbit with ~11 Kerbals on it, and I don't want them to die. :)

They should, I don't think I broke anything major in the last few days. Backup your saves just in case.

... not really. Any old probe core hidden somewhere works, all you need is a SAS to keep it going the right way.

How do I hide it then? I have noticed the MK1 core hidden in some of the stock craft, but cant seem to replicate that.

How do I hide it then? I have noticed the MK1 core hidden in some of the stock craft, but cant seem to replicate that.

Either use Editor Extensions to enable part clipping or put it in one of the hollow sections with a radial attachment point.

Thanks for your hard work, it works well. I did try it and after some fiddling with my other mods I got it working. I did have some questions, now I do have KSP Interestellar on my install also; are the turbine engines supposed to over heat so easily when after burners are applied? If so, can the SABRE engine pre-coolers be used to stop them from over heating and exploding? I love the new MDF, and I'll have to read Chris' manual because well it's complex lol! Just like when I updated to the experimental build of firespitter, it broke all my aircraft since they all had b9 parts. No problem, and I expected that to happen.

Edited by StevenJ

I downloaded the Deprecated file to keep my old ships up and running, but I thought I heard once I had "Converted" my ships to the new I shouldn't need it anymore. Is that as simple as unlocking the parts in the R&D section for my save and then deleting the deprecated config? Trying to clean up the part clutter a bit, and the old deprecated is throwin' m'groove off! Any tips?