[1.2.2] B9 Aerospace | Release 6.2.1 (Old Thread)

bac9

Taverius if it is not a chore could you please explain to me what is this for?

@PART[B9_Engine_Jet_Pod_Small] {
@RESOURCE[IntakeAir] {
intakeAirRatio = #$/MODULE[ModuleResourceIntake]/area$
@intakeAirRatio /= 0.01
@amount *= #$intakeAirRatio$
@maxAmount *= #$intakeAirRatio$
!intakeAirRatio = delete
}
}

Great job by the way guys to all three of you!

Scales the size of the intakeir tank on the basis that 0.01 area intake should have 0.2 intakeair capacity.

Less numbers for me get wrong in an update by automating stuff like this with MM.

I'm not sure if it has been discussed or not, but I cannot access ANY of the right-click context menus at all. Each time I do click, It does nothing. All of the landing gears don't work either. Is there something wrong? MY KSP version is .24.x. I know it's the latest version. Has anyone else experienced this problem?

Hi all, I'm not sure if its been mentioned but I can't use the right-click context menu. I'm not sure what's causing it, but the functionality of all the parts in this mod is severely limited to a few. None of the landing wheels l=work either. Has anyone else had this problem?

Bruh. I saw that B9 had something new up JUST right above KSP Interstellar, and the first thing that came to mind was, hey, someone might have updated B9 to today's standards so that we can finally use those parts again! Yeah!

NOPE!

I saw that picture of that awesome space station and shat myself a little.

I can finally get my confidence up enough to make my massive ships again, because I have parts now that allow that to happen without looking boring. TO THE VAB!!!

Release 5.2.2

• Fixed CoL offset on HW21 wing (FAR 0.14.2)

After seeing this I checked my cargo plane which uses the HW21 wing to see if everything is ok and it's not:

5QqfSGH.png

As you can see the COL moved enough to unbalance the plane.

Before starting to redesign it again (I just finished redesigning it after moving from B9 4 to B9 5) I want to ask:

Is this how the COL for HW21 will remain or is this a bug in B9 or FAR ?

You have a ridiculously large horizontal stabilizer.

The CoL of the HW21 is now correct (provided you're using the unreleased FAR):

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/42665548/KSP/Modeling/Screenshot_224.png

Its all you from now on.

OK then, I hope you will not change it again.

Actually it is a bit better now since I can have my COM and DCOM closer.

The tail is not that large, look at the tail on the Antonov An-225, it's even bigger compared to the main wings.

By the way, since I am talking about heavy stuff: the B9 landing gear behaves like it's made from rubber on large and heavy crafts no matter how many struts I use and I have to use the small gear bay which looks ridiculous.

They can be used on heavy crafts only if you are extremely careful and gentle and I like landing in mountains sometimes :)

Also, bigger (taller) landing gear would be very useful for large crafts... maybe something with 4 wheels... or maybe just an upscaled version of the existing ones.

OK then, I hope you will not change it again.

Actually it is a bit better now since I can have my COM and DCOM closer.

It was wrong, its been fixed, we will keep fixing things that are wrong :)

The tail is not that large, look at the tail on the Antonov An-225, it's even bigger compared to the main wings.

Actually, no, its smaller - the aspect ratio is very different from yours. Also, the AN-225's wing is far less swept then the HW21, and their CoM is much further back.

By the way, since I am talking about heavy stuff: the B9 landing gear behaves like it's made from rubber on large and heavy crafts no matter how many struts I use and I have to use the small gear bay which looks ridiculous.

They can be used on heavy crafts only if you are extremely careful and gentle and I like landing in mountains sometimes :)

Also, bigger (taller) landing gear would be very useful for large crafts... maybe something with 4 wheels... or maybe just an upscaled version of the existing ones.

Landing gear is attached via a single surface connection. We can't do anything about the flex, though I have no such issues on the stock craft. Not while doing landings that don't snap the plane in half, anyway.

Make sure you nuked any and all 'fixes' from the community patches from 0.23.5, and no, you're not going to be able to support 400t crafts on 2 landing gears without the suspension bottoming out.

Not making larger ones for now, and we don't do rescales.

Also, bigger (taller) landing gear would be very useful for large crafts.

It's the length that causes the physics to be janky, frankly I fly really large planes with the short landing gear no problem.

maybe something with 4 wheels.

Unity wheels don't support bogie setups, unity wheels aren't all that sophisticated: http://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/class-WheelCollider.html which is why we have to trade sideways stiffness for traction to try and find a balance between casing the bottom of the plane to build a lot of sideways movement when a wheel catches at an odd angle making you roll and loose your wings on one side and it being so slippery sideways you can't land on a hill.

I love the way the new B9 allows you to cycle through various tank set-ups.

And this made me wonder: how hard/easy would it be to add resources to the cycle? Would be great if I can make B9 a bit more compatible with Karbonite and Extra Planetary Launchpads.

And this made me wonder: how hard/easy would it be to add resources to the cycle? Would be great if I can make B9 a bit more compatible with Karbonite and Extra Planetary Launchpads.

For Karbonite....just install B9, Karbonite, and ModularFuleTanks and that's it. If you need more resources selectable, make a config file like the below with the resource you need. This was something I was going to do (you'd laugh if you saw my MM configs just for some of the S2 parts), but just install MFT...it might not jive with some B9 parts, but if you post what part MFT doesn't work with or breaks, I'm sure these guys would appreciate it (their MM configs for RF and MFT are downright scary and huge).

Directly from Karbonite (change name = Karbonite into the resource you want in the [Default] MFT tank)

@TANK_DEFINITION[Default]:FOR[Karbonite]:NEEDS[modularFuelTanks|RealFuels]{
TANK
{
name = Karbonite
amount = 0.0
maxAmount = 0.0
}
}

You could change Default to * to add Karbonite to all tanks, but do you really want LifeSupport tanks to have Karbonite as a selectable option? Now, Jet tanks on the other hand, could benefit from some Karbonite...You can find a list of most of the tank types at GameData\ModularFuelTanks\Resources. Just make a different one of the above for each tank type you want your resource added to.

If this is gonna be a personal mod, you can probably remove the FOR and NEEDS sections and add :Final to the end of the part definition -- @PART[borg_cube]:FINAL -- so you'll ensure your tweaks are being applied last and not being overwritten by other mods.

Use MFT.

Example:

1) Install B9.

2) Install MFT.

3) Install Karbonite

You're done.

Screenshot_225.png

Edited by Taverius

Thanks for the suggestions. I gave MFT and it worked ... briefly.

When building new craft I could select a variety of tank set-ups but as soon as I tried to apply it to an existing craft my right mouse button froze. Forcing me to quit KSP and re-start. It happened several times in both the VAB as the SPH and as soon as I removed MFT the problem didn't return. MFT will not return to my game any time soon.

Does the list of incompatible mods need to be updated? Or is using MFT in this case not affected? Also there was a note on DREC work in the latest update, but that's still listed as partially incompatible

Because you still need to nuke the B9 files that MFT/RF/DRE provide. I'll poke NathanKell some more about about releases thereof when he's back next week.

i already reported this in Remote tech, but i figure i should add it here as well. the MK1 Heavy duty guidance is treated like a kerbal (local control) by remote tech.

No idea how to fix that, I don't use RT2.