[1.2.2] B9 Aerospace | Release 6.2.1 (Old Thread)

bac9

i already reported this in Remote tech, but i figure i should add it here as well. the MK1 Heavy duty guidance is treated like a kerbal (local control) by remote tech.

That's because you have to add the remote tech module to it with a cfg file, here's mine:

@PART[B9_Cockpit_D25]
{
MODULE
{
name = ModuleSPU
}

MODULE
{
name = ModuleRTAntennaPassive
TechRequired = unmannedTech
OmniRange = 3000

TRANSMITTER
{
PacketInterval = 0.3
PacketSize = 2
PacketResourceCost = 15.0
}
}
}

@PART[B9_Cockpit_MK1_Control_ACU]
{
MODULE
{
name = ModuleSPU
}

MODULE
{
name = ModuleRTAntennaPassive
TechRequired = unmannedTech
OmniRange = 3000

TRANSMITTER
{
PacketInterval = 0.3
PacketSize = 2
PacketResourceCost = 15.0
}
}
}

Just paste that into a file, name it something like B9_RT.cfg, and put it somewhere in your gamedata folder.

RT2 doesn't have a blanket MM file for all parts with command module, 0 crew capacity? Pretty silly if it doesn't.

Pretty sure this selection would work:

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleCommand],!MODULE[ModuleSPU],#CrewCapacity[0]]

Edited by K3|Chris

I have just installed the new version of the pack.

What is with the new version of Ferram aerospace research?

Nothing changed yet in its thread. Also center of lift of the heavy wing did not change much for me with my current version. Unfortunately this wing is certainly asymmetric. There is nothing wrong with the attachment of the speed brakes or the fuselage and nothing wobbles at all as lots of struts are used in all designs. With rocket style symmetry everything is just fine. With airplane symmetry it is not. The top and bottom surfaces of the wing are just different. It really needs to be fixed somehow or the part needs to be mirrored properly with the top and the bottom flipped over properly with an ability to choose between the left and the right parts through tweaks in firespitter plugin or something of that sort.

Thank you

RT2 doesn't have a blanket MM file for all parts with command module, 0 crew capacity? Pretty silly if it doesn't.

RT2 last updated before new B9 was released.

I have just installed the new version of the pack.

What is with the new version of Ferram aerospace research?

Nothing changed yet in its thread.

Also center of lift of the heavy wing did not change much for me with my current version.

Unfortunately this wing is certainly asymmetric. There is nothing wrong with the attachment of the speed brakes or the fuselage and nothing wobbles at all as lots of struts are used in all designs.

With rocket style symmetry everything is just fine. With airplane symmetry it is not.

The top and bottom surfaces of the wing are just different.

It really needs to be fixed somehow or the part needs to be mirrored properly with the top and the bottom flipped over properly with an ability to choose between the left and the right parts through tweaks in firespitter plugin or something of that sort.

Thank you

As long as that general rule runs in a pass where it can be overridden if you want to do something special. I deliberately set up the NRAP test weight to have local control so I don't have to copy my entire comms network from my career save into my testing sandbox. There are also a few oddities like the Interstellar AI core that you might want to be smart enough to count as local control.

Struts are your firend. I HAD that problem, but I found out that it's a better idea to strut those parts that are connected to the sides of other parts, rather than on the hardpoints. Also, if you use the massive parts and the big parts (big parts can fit one massive engine, massive parts can fit four), strut the big parts, but leave the massive aprts as is, or use those as anchors for strutting properly.

I hated how my ship freaked out. This was the method I used to fix it. Struts.

So you just completely ignored what bac9 said about FAR, you have some kind of beef with the large wings being asymmetrical (doesn't make sense to me), and you think that you're entitled to any of the parts being fixed so that you can have a better time in KSP your way.

Look. Shut up, take what you get, because the people making these mods have spent hours upon days upon weeks, TYPING. Do you know how tedious and boring typing code is? I'm a literary artist, my usual daily output for typing is about 5,000 words per day, and I could easily go over that many times. I enjoy what I do, but I can easily imagine that if that were me typing code, continuously checking flags and functions, spending hours rebooting and killing KSP to make it work, I'd get tired of it quick. Especially with the things that go on in B9 Aerospace. B9 aerospace has the most complicated (yet refined and perfectly working) look to it. It's not just aesthetic, you've got real working buttons and stuff that no other mod has, and parts that are the biggest known in the KSP universe, currently.

as far as anyone else is concerned, everything works fine. So if you have a REAL problem, then explain. Otherwise, you're just trying to get someone to do some long, time-consuming event that will give you that tiny tweak to your game.

Hey Bac9,

Im running the x64 version relatively successfully. The only things that are not working are the IVA screens -

reacting to input but are not giving visual - and the green HUD in the mk.2 cockpit - im getting a blurry navball instead.

The other mods i have installed are:

- FAR

- Engineer

- Procedural wings

- Procedural fairings

Regards,

Tim

In the opening post is a screen shot collection of a really cool craft (see here: http://i.imgur.com/7OhNxLG.jpg)

Any chance to get the craft file for this?

I made a copy of that craft, i'll upload the craft file later if you want it?

Edit:

Here's the craft file https://www.dropbox.com/s/mxf7w5v2vhxbrl6/HX-1.craft?dl=0

B8zAEC6.jpg

Edited by The Space Man

So apparently the .tga loader is bugged, and uses 2x the memory of the .png one. We'll have a new release out with converted texture format in the next couple of days.

Massive memory reduction incoming, awesome! :)

I hope Helldiver knows about this as his KSO mod uses huge tga textures.

Make sure you didn't change the paths were anything is.

Anything that uses MODEL (which is most mods) uses the full path to the model file, so if we say 'B9_Aerospace/Parts' and you installed in 'B9_Aerospace_but_different/Parts' it wont work. This is covered in the OP, but just checking ...

Sorry if I do sound improperly in any way.

There is no offense on anybody really.

Why do not you want to take a look at the issue that I have pointed out? You say ask Squad to fix it. But why are they supposed to change the whole game to fix an issue with a mod not the other way round? And if they change that it would make most if not all of the current mods cease to work.

Moreover I believe that what I am asking for would just take a few mouse clicks to copy the part and export it.

I would do this myself if I had the original file for the part model itself.

I really missed what is going on with the new version of the Ferram aerospace research and why does not it appear there.

Can anybody tell me or point to the place where this was actually discussed previously?

Thank you!