[1.2.2] B9 Aerospace | Release 6.2.1 (Old Thread)

bac9

Can't wait for the update either, B9 is my favorite part pack as well.

Bac9 I have a question: have you considered turning the M27 Overview Cockpit and the D25 Heavy Drone Core into 1.25m parts by separating them from their 2.5m base plate? This way we would have heaps more options when it comes to cockpit design :)

Also here's one of my latest B9 creations:

ng6HY7Y.png

PorkJet told us about the mk2 change ages ago and we agreed that it was a good idea to make it symmetrical, solves the weird CoM issues the previous stock mk2 parts had, and it looks nicer, though I'm no so keen on his removal of all heat tiles to make the cargobays reversible into bomb-bays. Though I guess stock can't have 2 variants of the same part with different texture/UV to have the heat-shield on the cargo bay door side.

Thanks for the info.

Awesome. Can't wait. I really miss my favorite part pack.

...checks commits...

Can I cheat by using the above FS dll and clone live?

As far as I can tell 5.2.4 is usable with 0.25. KSP will give you a warning about FS incompatibility but everything I've tested still works. Of course there's no guarantee you won't run into bugs but it's definitely still usable.

As far as I can tell 5.2.4 is usable with 0.25. KSP will give you a warning about FS incompatibility but everything I've tested still works. Of course there's no guarantee you won't run into bugs but it's definitely still usable.

Yeah, same here. I'm still using it in spite of receiving FS's incompatibility window.

Can't wait for the update either, B9 is my favorite part pack as well.

Bac9 I have a question: have you considered turning the M27 Overview Cockpit and the D25 Heavy Drone Core into 1.25m parts by separating them from their 2.5m base plate? This way we would have heaps more options when it comes to cockpit design :)

Also here's one of my latest B9 creations:

I kind of like this idea too, obviously leave the current ones as well, but the D25 is prehapse my favourite drone core shape wise, but it is nearly impossible to use in 2.5m.

Also would you mind sharing that amzing plane?

A question to the B9 team: would you guys mind if I use B9 props (MFDs) in my mod (replacing internal definition via ModuleManager with B9 present, and gradually fall back through default JSI MFDs to stock-only setup)?

Also, a bug report: since recently mk2 crew tank has crew capacity of 4 (as defined here), but its internal space itself has only two seat transform definitions (guess Unity resets these things when writing the internal config).

A question to the B9 team: would you guys mind if I use B9 props (MFDs) in my mod (replacing internal definition via ModuleManager with B9 present, and gradually fall back through default JSI MFDs to stock-only setup)?
Sure, just include our license and give props per the forum rules.
Also, a bug report: since recently mk2 crew tank has crew capacity of 4 (as defined here), but its internal space itself has only two seat transform definitions (guess Unity resets these things when writing the internal config).

Argh reversion of the file, fixed on the repo, thanks.

I'm curious; why is it the parts folder is only 200 MB but when it loads all the images to the RAM it's well over 2GB?

Also, would installing more RAM solve the problem of needing to compress all the textures before loading? It's kind of like buying a Bugati Veyron and then only driving 25 miles an hour...

Hey, I'm wondering if B9 is still having the compatibility issues with the SP+ (and now stock) MK2 Parts, where the attach points are slightly mismatched. IF so, does anyone know if there is an update coming? (Im terrible at fixing things like this in the code or I would just do it.)

update to 0.25
*eagerly, patiently sitting and rocking waiting for the 0.25 release*
when will .25 compatibility be released?

None of this is helping the situation. the makers of all of your favorite mods are aware of the update, and in most cases are already urgently working. it takes time to respond to the changes Squad made, test those responses, test all the other features to find any new bugs, and fix all those issues. B9 is an especially large mod, with lots of interactions and dependencies. those interactions have to be tested, and the providers of all those dependencies must update themselves. ALL of those self same mod makers are volunteers, who balance their own lives, families, work and their own amusement against this unpaid work to increase your video game amusement.

have a little gratitude and show a little patience.

5.2.4 works in .25 for me, but when in IVA, the buttons are clickable but don't light up. The RPM displays don't do anything. The ksp.log reads

[WRN 15:31:28.743] GUIContent is null. Use GUIContent.none.
[EXC 15:31:28.745] TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'SpriteText' from assembly 'Assembly-CSharp-firstpass, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.
InternalProp.OnUpdate ()
InternalModel.OnUpdate ()
Part.InternalOnUpdate ()
Part.Update ()
[WRN 15:31:28.879] GUIContent is null. Use GUIContent.none.
[EXC 15:31:28.882] TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'SpriteText' from assembly 'Assembly-CSharp-firstpass, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.
InternalProp.OnUpdate ()
Part.InternalOnUpdate ()
Part.Update ()
[WRN 15:31:29.041] GUIContent is null. Use GUIContent.none.
[EXC 15:31:29.044] TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'SpriteText' from assembly 'Assembly-CSharp-firstpass, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.
InternalProp.OnUpdate ()
Part.InternalOnUpdate ()
Part.Update ()
[WRN 15:31:29.188] GUIContent is null. Use GUIContent.none.
[EXC 15:31:29.192] TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'SpriteText' from assembly 'Assembly-CSharp-firstpass, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.
InternalProp.OnUpdate ()
Part.InternalOnUpdate ()
Part.Update ()

or

[WRN 15:50:43.157] GUIContent is null. Use GUIContent.none.
[WRN 15:50:43.289] GUIContent is null. Use GUIContent.none.
[WRN 15:50:43.343] GUIContent is null. Use GUIContent.none.
[WRN 15:50:43.468] GUIContent is null. Use GUIContent.none.
[WRN 15:50:43.527] GUIContent is null. Use GUIContent.none.
[WRN 15:50:43.639] GUIContent is null. Use GUIContent.none.
[WRN 15:50:43.745] GUIContent is null. Use GUIContent.none.
[WRN 15:50:43.808] GUIContent is null. Use GUIContent.none.
[WRN 15:50:43.951] GUIContent is null. Use GUIContent.none.
[WRN 15:50:44.001] GUIContent is null. Use GUIContent.none.
[WRN 15:50:44.122] GUIContent is null. Use GUIContent.none.
[WRN 15:50:44.191] GUIContent is null. Use GUIContent.none.
[WRN 15:50:44.315] GUIContent is null. Use GUIContent.none.
[WRN 15:50:44.382] GUIContent is null. Use GUIContent.none.

My entire log is spammed with this.

I'm in career mode, maybe that's a problem?

EDIT:

maybe it has something to do with

[WRN 14:23:06.205] [Achievements] [WARN] current KSP version 0.25.0 is incompatible (hardcoded)
[WRN 14:23:06.207] [Toolbar] [WARN] current KSP version 0.25.0 is incompatible (hardcoded)
[WRN 14:23:06.210] [CompatibilityChecker] Incompatible mods detected: aaa_Toolbar, Achievements, CrossFeedEnabler, Firespitter, MechJeb2

Logfiles and the Assembly-CSharp-firstpass.dll

Edited by ExtremeTrader

What part of it not being updated for .25 didn't you understand ExtremeTrader?

If you have a highly modded install it's always inadvisable to upgrade to the latest version of KSP right of the bat unless it's a hotfix type release, I always install a new fresh version of latest KSP when a new major version comes out to test the latest features, but I keep playing on the previous version until all my mods have been updated, then I might migrate over or I might not, I don't generally transfer saves between KSP versions.

And frankly a highly modded KSP install has more cool stuff than a new vanilla KSP install, .25 includes a couple mods you could already be using and pretty boring strategies to spend one currency to get another and destructible buildings, nothing that exciting.

You could try updating RPM and that might fix it, or it might not, I can't say for sure.

Edited by K3|Chris

What part of it not being updated for .25 didn't you understand ExtremeTrader?

What are you trying to say? AFAIK everything works, except the buttons in B9 cockpits switching to 'on', or RPM displays.

If you have a highly modded install it's always inadvisable to upgrade to the latest version of KSP right of the bat unless it's a hotfix type release, I always install a new fresh version of latest KSP when a new major version comes out to test the latest features, but I keep playing on the previous version until all my mods have been updated, then I might migrate over or I might not, I don't generally transfer saves between KSP versions.

I downloaded .25, placed it in a folder next to .24.2 and searched for updates on the mods I used.

And frankly a highly modded KSP install has more cool stuff than a new vanilla KSP install, .25 includes a couple mods you could already be using and pretty boring strategies to spend one currency to get another and destructible buildings, nothing that exciting.

And because of that, I don't understand the not-working things I described

You could try updating RPM and that might fix it, or it might not, I can't say for sure.

I'll try.

Edited by ExtremeTrader

How's it hold up with 0.25?

waiting on firespitter to update, apparently squad made some changes that are a large departure from the current functionality of firespitter so this sounds like a major overhaul of the mod to me. would be nice if there was some confirmation of this because this is probably going to take quit a bit of time. which is sad because firespitter is probably the biggest core mode for the community other then module manager and toolbar