[1.2.2] B9 Aerospace | Release 6.2.1 (Old Thread)

bac9

Hello B9 team! Just a quick question: How is the adaption of the Mk2 parts progressing? :) Or are you waiting for a more "full of new content" update to B9 before you release the altered Mk2 parts?

Thanks!

Edited by Lei07

Guys, I have the B9 r4.0 installed, do I just install this one overwriting the files inside my GameData? I couldn't find it anywhere on how to update this mod. I was going to uninstall (remove from GameData) all folders from r4.0 B9 and put these inside. But I found out that this Release 5 B9 folder I just download is way smaller than the r4.0 I already have installed, as if this doesn't have all of those parts. So, what do I do?

Guys, I have the B9 r4.0 installed, do I just install this one overwriting the files inside my GameData? I couldn't find it anywhere on how to update this mod. I was going to uninstall (remove from GameData) all folders from r4.0 B9 and put these inside. But I found out that this Release 5 B9 folder I just download is way smaller than the r4.0 I already have installed, as if this doesn't have all of those parts. So, what do I do?

The R5 pack is self contained. You should delete the R4 folder and then install R5.

Really? Because the R4.0 is way bigger than the R5, I was thinking that R5 don't have all those parts. But alright, I'll try to move my R4 to another folder and check how many parts I have only with R5.

A lot of consolidation and optimization happened in R5. It's not missing any content from R4.

Indeed. R4.0 has, in fact, less content than R5, while being larger in size. That's the magic of MODEL nodes and optimizations. :) Every mod should do that, R5 is just that well optimized, but this always happens when you ditch the legacy file structure and consolidate both your models and textures.

Hey guys,

I'm having an issue with, specifically, something within the B9 Aerospace folder, causing the game to generate an error and crash. I tried extracting each individual folder included in the mod pack, and have narrowed it down to something within the B9 folder itself. I do not know what to look for in the error file however, has anyone encountered this problem and either knows a solution, or knows what I should look for in the error file?

From the OP:

COMPATIBILITY

• 0.24.2 (x86 recommended)

• Active Texture Management mod is practically mandatory (
)

FAQ

• Q: I run out memory
Blame Squad :^)

Seriously now, here's something you can try: Install Active Texture Management, run KSP with the -force-opengl argument, delete the B9_Aerospace_DEPRECATED folder, if you're already converted all the crafts that would open properly. Finally, you can try deleting the parts you don't need. Its a big pack, don't be shy to push that delete button.

• Q: It crashes for some reason

Hopefully you can reliably reproduce, otherwise we can't really help you. Please check if it still occurs if: you are running KSP x86 0.24.2, there are no mods other than B9 installed, all the plugins included in B9 are installed. If that checklist is alright, that error still occurs, and you are sure you are not simply running out of memory,
on our Bitbucket page. Try to provide as much detail as possible - logs, example craft, reproduction steps. "Its not working" or "Everything is broken" are not a good bug reports and will probably be met with derision and scorn. We'll hire small children to boo you in the street. Aside from that, make sure to read
about getting support!

So, I have this B9 plane here and I would love to be able to deliver MKS modules on Kerbin with it.

As you can see, I can fit three MKS Modules in the cargo bay with a very slim wheel system on bottom to move them out. They will move forward and back in the cargo bay with the doors both open and closed. The problems arise as soon as it hits the tail model. Seems to catch at the top with no visual change in the models between the cargo bay and the tail section. Not sure if you guys can or will adjust this a bit but you'd make my christmas wishes come true if so.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

I regret that I must discontinue using B9 Aerospace. With the direction that this mod seems to be going in, I no longer see much use for it personally. The mandatory requirements for FAR/NEAR means that B9 no longer fits into my play style. I can only hope that KSP eventually gets more modders that wish to expand on what KSP is, rather than trying to make it more realistic to the human universe.