[1.2.2] B9 Aerospace | Release 6.2.1 (Old Thread)

bac9

love the mod and appreciate all the hard work going into it. the textures are so much better than stock. can hardly use stock parts on my designs now. a suggestion for future updates, reversible bomb bay types and lowered tail sections. would be great better stealth plane/bomber builds and older plane designs respectively.7Xvz68K.png

my f-22 could really use an underside bomb bay (without heat tiles preferably).

Lowered tail? And yeah bomb-bay arrangements is an easy one, as would toggle-able heat-shielding be, both are due for the update that tweaks the mk2 outline to fit the new stock shape. (Symmetric cargo bay, toggle heat-shielding off, turn 180 degrees)

Edited by K3|Chris

great to hear about the toggle-able heat tiles and bomb bays, ill be looking forward to the next release. i meant lowered tail as in just the raised tail with flipped textures. not really a big deal or a part that i think would be used too often, but i was just trying to design an a-10 and it seems it reversed-raised tail seem to look closer to the original. maybe a possible tweak-able for the current tails.

Check out the Spotlight I did of the B9 Aerospace Mod (Cockpits and IVA) on YouTube: http://youtu.be/9Ht85d-OI-I

http://youtu.be/9Ht85d-OI-I

Nice spotlight, though worth mentioning the changes to the stock pods are from the bundled RPM/JSI, we made the MFDs in the B9 cockpits on top of RPM and for ease of distribution/compatibility we bundle all of RPM including it's patches to stock pods. Hence why they differ.

Hint: hit home twice :)

Edited by K3|Chris

Nice spotlight, though worth mentioning the changes to the stock pods are from the bundled RPM/JSI, we made the MFDs in the B9 cockpits on top of RPM and for ease of distribution/compatibility we bundle all of RPM including it's patches to stock pods. Hence why they differ.

Another user pointed that out to me, and I made sure to include information about the bundled mods and their authors in the video description.

I must say, I like the B9 MFD configs so much I immediately MM patched them all the stock pods too - got to live the lack of camera transforms, but otherwise, it works really well.

Heck, you could probably jam an empty mesh with just a camera transform so as to not mess with the outside appearance.

True. KSP seems to support multiple MODEL {} modules in the same part and seems to be able to recognize transforms in both of them, so you could conceivably add the camera transforms to an otherwise empty model and add them in that way.

In other news, Squad has released pictures of the Mk3 parts. At first glance they look pretty similar to B9's HL parts but here's the killer - I did pixel scale measurements which suggest that they have almost exactly the same profile. As in close enough that the difference is smaller than the uncertainty from pixel measurements on the high resolution render.

Edited by blowfish

I really should've downloaded the update before getting on a plane. How am I supposed to fly a plane on a plane when I can't make a proper plane until 67 Megabytes downloads at nearly 10 km above the U.S. west coast?

LOL, MY HOBBY: "landing" airplanes while in an airplane in the process of landing.

Edited by Pds314

Sorry if this has been reported or mentioned previously, but I started up my .25 x32 Windows install today and the loading halted when it reached the Sabre M engine after the Module Manager stuff. I took out the Sabre M engine files from the B9 folder and then it halted on the Sabre S engine. At first I thought it may be RAM crashes, as I am running with KW and several other mods but the 'witty loading lines' kept changing. It just stops loading when it gets to them. Anyway, any help is appreciated. Thanks!

great mod! i particularly like the S2 frames, but I was wondering if there was any other alternative to the long tail cone.. the variants it has is only "raised" and "normal" but a "short" option would be fantastic.. it is way too long for a shuttle especially if the shuttle isn't that huge.. or what do you guys use to end your s2 fuselages if you don't use the tail cone?

@lordmuffin:

When we say we want to see your log, we mean the whole thing, not two lines.

That said, you're running into a stock issue where parts duplicate on top of themselves. For something as small as that craft, the best solution is to start over. With larger crafts, sometimes you can put pieces into subassemblies.