[1.2.2] B9 Aerospace | Release 6.2.1 (Old Thread)

bac9

Yep, does nothing. Also, the cargo bay doors don't close. When I right click on them, no dice. This add-on is so much trouble.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, is Active Texture Management really required? It slows my game's startup to a snails pace.

I don't think you actually need it unless you have several other mods, big or small. If you're heart-set on not having it and you experience RAM crashes, you're gonna have to run KSP in OpenGL mode to cut down the RAM. You may suffer lower FPS if you're graphics card isn't up to scratch though :(

First launch with ATM can take a really long time, on the order of 30mins or more, but it's faster after that, install ATM, launch KSP, minimize/alt-tab/whatever and do something else until it chews through the textures, it's making a cache of compressed variants of the textures to load instead of the actual textures, this takes time, but when it's done it's done and doesn't need to be done again.

Edited by K3|Chris

You can also just use -force-opengl. My @ loading screen usage is 1.5GB and I've yet to have an OOM crash. No ATM, full res graphics, and my gamedata folder looks like:.

000_Toolbar
ActionGroupManager
AmbientLightAdjustment
B9_Aerospace
BoulderCo
Chatterer
CollisionFX
CrossFeedEnabler
CustomAsteroids
DDSLoader
Diazo
DistantObject
EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements
Firespitter
img_viewer
IonEngineSounds
Jack_O_Lantern
JSI
KAS
KerbalEngineer
Kerbaltek
KineTechAnimation
Klockheed_Martian_Gimbal
KronalUtils
KSA
KWRocketry
NASAmission
NavBallDockingAlignmentIndicator
NavHud
Nereid
NMB
notes
parameciumkid
PreciseNode
Protractor
RCSBuildAid
RcsSounds
Regolith
RemoteTech
ResGen
Romfarer
SCANsat
SH_mods
SmokeScreen
Squad
TacFuelBalancer
TextureReplacer
ToadicusTools
Trajectories
TriggerTech
TweakableEverything
UmbraSpaceIndustries
Virgin Kalactic
WheelSounds
WorldCup2014

Startup output_log.txt and KSP.log for reference: http://www./folder/zqqsjhabkc9c0

the shielded docking port is not working, can't open the shield... same with the cargo bays

Check your dependencies, especially Firespitter. Update it with the latest firespitter.dll from this if needed, though that should have been included in the download in the beginning. Also, are you running 0.90?

Check your dependencies, especially Firespitter. Update it with the latest firespitter.dll from this if needed, though that should have been included in the download in the beginning. Also, are you running 0.90?

Just checked the Mk3 cargo bay, two of the Mk2s and the shielded clamp-o-tron docking port (I think theres only one shielded docking port) and they work fine. Running 0.90 and B9 5.2.8

Edited by smjjames

Just checked the Mk3 cargo bay, two of the Mk2s and the shielded clamp-o-tron docking port (I think theres only one shielded docking port) and they work fine. Running 0.90 and B9 5.2.8

I believe they meant the B9 shielded docking port and cargo bay, actually. B8 has it own shielded docking port for S2 line of craft, and a multiple cargo bays.

I thought I did, I only saw one shielded docking port and I know theres some other cargo bays in the aerodynamic section, I'll look when I get the chance.

They're in the structural section, not aerodynamic.

Im having a problem with the HX parts staying together, the links give way and the ship crumbles to the ground every launch. Ive tried making a smaller ship with 3-5 parts and same thing happens. Any idears?

They're in the structural section, not aerodynamic.

Not sure why I thought aerodynamic.

Anyhow, I checked the S1 cargo bay and the shielded docking port (which I had actually mistook for being from another mod) and those open and close fine in VAB. The cargo bay opens sort of slowly though.

Hi guys I seem to have some glitching with the textures for B9 mod picture below is it another mod I had no problems with other parts and not all B9 parts have this problem any ideas,

xkx7ESjTnO552lhsDL_gvlR1itc9C2oEuCI5kuPwy5BhF040GBDudOetp-ylRAmp6YNLmJGcX0U=w1899-h947

Have tried different KSP settings and texture reduction but not one for this mod

Hi guys I seem to have some glitching with the textures for B9 mod picture below is it another mod I had no problems with other parts and not all B9 parts have this problem any ideas,

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/xkx7ESjTnO552lhsDL_gvlR1itc9C2oEuCI5kuPwy5BhF040GBDudOetp-ylRAmp6YNLmJGcX0U=w1899-h947

Have tried different KSP settings and texture reduction but not one for this mod

Delete all the folders associated with B9, then re-install. I had this issue and that fixed it for me. Make sure you are using the newest version.

Hi guys!

I was super excited about the beta .90 update, downloaded all of my normal mods and installed them and played for a bit before I realized that the b9 parts weren't showing up in my tech tree at all in career mode. I checked the sandbox and all the parts were there. Do ya'll have any recommended things to go to get the parts to appear in the career mode? I've been searching on the forums and google for a good day and half now and haven't had any luck.

Thanks!

Hi guys!

I was super excited about the beta .90 update, downloaded all of my normal mods and installed them and played for a bit before I realized that the b9 parts weren't showing up in my tech tree at all in career mode. I checked the sandbox and all the parts were there. Do ya'll have any recommended things to go to get the parts to appear in the career mode? I've been searching on the forums and google for a good day and half now and haven't had any luck.

Thanks!

What other mods are you using? Is this a new save? How far along are you in the tech tree?

Only thing that lets it down is the squad cockpit everything else matches nicely, also using the bahmuto adjustable landing gear which has some great features. There isnt a snazzy cockpit to replace this squad one lurking in the B9 crafting room gathering dust that would have a nice teardrop canopy on it is there

Edited by Virtualgenius