[1.2.2] B9 Aerospace | Release 6.2.1 (Old Thread)

bac9

Is there any way to use the B9 raster prop monitor screens on all ships? They're definitely my favorite looking and easiest to use ones

You'd have to go into RPM's configuration files and swap out the default MFDs for B9's.

Perfect, but I did have to go into the config and copy/paste a bunch of the code, because apparently you have to put a few of the lines of code in once for each screen and he only copy/pasted it 9 times, and a few of my mods had way more than 9 screens (probably a bit excessive but you can never have enough cameras)

I'd like all the cockpits to look as good as the B9 cockpits, but hey this takes way less time than remodeling all the interiors :rolleyes:

Edited by Tripod27

Hey where would i report a glitch with this because im getting this extremely annoying glitch in my pack with B9 control surfaces where they just lock up. several planes crashed before i figured out what was happening. And im running career mode so this is really costing me a lot because i use shuttles on eve duna laythe and kerbin built from B9. and no its not all control surfaces its just the B9 ones. I dont have any of the mods B9 specifies as breaking the mod.

Hey, will this version get updated soon? It crashes for me upon starting KSP, with no crash reports.

I'm running it on a Windows 7 4 gb ram (w/4 more gigs partitioned) and 80 gb hd

Everything is functional on KSP 0.90 32 bit. Post your output_log.txt (found in KSP_Data) and maybe we can figure out why the crash is happening.

Everything is functional on KSP 0.90 32 bit. Post your output_log.txt (found in KSP_Data) and maybe we can figure out why the crash is happening.

*psst* he's running out of memory and should install ATM. 4Gb RAM is so not enough to run KSP+B9, the stock game uses about 2Gb by itself and depending on the OS, that leaves between 0 and -500Mb for B9. No chance on an x86 OS without ATM and very little chance on an x64 OS. Though with 4Gb RAM, I'd be surprised if it was an x64 OS.

-raises paw- I has a question!

in the description of some of the jumbo size parts it says that they are designed to be assembled in orbit....how does one assemble them in orbit without using a huge amount of docking ports?

 in the description of some of the jumbo size parts it says that they are designed to be assembled in orbit....how does one assemble them in orbit without using a huge amount of docking ports?

with this thing, I suppose...

(as in, creating the whole craft in orbit rather than lifting up separate parts)

Recently, I've been experiencing attachment issues with my B9 and stock air intakes while in both the SPH and VAB. They will not attach to any body or fuselage I try to attach them to (symmetry setting: mirror bilateral; angle snap: on), and even worse, all the other part selections become unresponsive, including the parts I've already attached to the main body; sometimes it will select the entire ship, forcing me to delete it and mess up my work. Every time this happens I am forced to click on the "New" or "Load" options to reset it, which still doesn't help. I've even tweaked with the load settings (ATM and DDS mods installed; removed and replaced "-opengl" addition to KSP shortcut) as well as uninstalled and re-installed the most recent version of the B9 mod, and yet it still doesn't fix the problem. Any suggestions?

Doesent work, wheels always stuck. :/

Stock wheels this doesent happen.

I had this problem too, I did find the problem. You have hidden parts by attaching them inside area of other parts. This is called "clipping" and causes the games physics engine to throw a brain fart, Basically resulting in the front wheel of your plane never touching the ground. You can even raise the landing gear and the front of your plane will hover in the air.

Remove the hidden parts one at a time until you find the culprit, and try it in another location. In my cases it was either a TAC Life-support hex can or a Z-4K battery. both were attached to a BZ-52 Radial Attachment Point that ended up attached to a SAS module rather then the cargo bay I meant for it to. (Root problem was the attachment point , but the battery or hex can was causing the physics error.)

-raises paw- I has a question!

The idea is to launch smaller chunks of a larger ship to be assembled with docking ports - not that every part is launched individually.

I'm having trouble with the HX parts. Everything else works fine, but the majority of parts (not all but most) don't attach to things. That is to say; i can create in the SPH VAB fine and all the attachment systems work, but once loaded onto the runway the parts mysteriously fall apart. The strangest part of this is that they remain 'attached' in some way. When hacking gravity (still occurs in normal gravity and no clipping) the parts float away and through one-another, yet things like SAS, RCS and engines all continue to respond. It's as if the ship is operating as if together, yet not...

This has also happened with a completely fresh KSP and B9 load. I haven't seen this issue brought up prior. Forgive me if someone else has raised and found a solution to this problem.

Many users running KSP 0.90 have reported HX parts falling off/simultaneously exploding.

From how it seems, the node toggle module included in Virgin Kalactic mod is the culprit. The module is used for larger(size 2+) HX modules to allow turning on/off of certain nodes. Parts utilizing that module would simply fall off upon loading and/or start to wobble abruptly, resulting in explosions. It's possible to simply add a lot of struts to forcibly duct tape it to its place, but when you fly it, it explodes after reaching a certain distance(around 6000 meters) from KSC.

I'm not a programmer myself, so I can't tell the reason why this happens, let alone debugging it. Nevertheless, the workaround I found is to remove said module data from the affected part cfg files.

A. Go to {Your KSP Directory}\GameData\B9_Aerospace\Parts\Structure_HX

B. Open the part cfg files. Simple Wordpad will do.

C. Find the following lines and delete them. Size 2 and 3 modules and adapters have these.

MODULE

{

name = NodeToggle

}

D. Rinse and repeat for every part cfg files with above lines. There are about ten of them.

I do not recommend using that fix unless you absolutely need HX parts today or tomorrow. The plugin causing the issue is essential for setting up proper centered connections between numerous HX attachment points. MrBlaQ might investigate the issue with it tomorrow if he'll have some free time.
I'm having trouble with the HX parts. Everything else works fine, but the majority of parts (not all but most) don't attach to things. That is to say; i can create in the SPH VAB fine and all the attachment systems work, but once loaded onto the runway the parts mysteriously fall apart. The strangest part of this is that they remain 'attached' in some way. When hacking gravity (still occurs in normal gravity and no clipping) the parts float away and through one-another, yet things like SAS, RCS and engines all continue to respond. It's as if the ship is operating as if together, yet not...

This has also happened with a completely fresh KSP and B9 load. I haven't seen this issue brought up prior. Forgive me if someone else has raised and found a solution to this problem.

Know issue not sure if Bac9 is working on it or not ATM. There is that fix, but it has some issues.

This is an exact replica of a bug that happened to me a while ago, and I can tell you with full certainty that is tweakscales fault. Simply reinstall it, and if you have KSP Interstellar (which I persume you do due to the bug) then update it to Boris' latest version, which has multiple fixes for tweakscale. Tweakscale is incredibly buggy right now for both stock and mods, but I guess this is the least I can do, sorry if it does not work.

OK, so here's a problem I've never seen before. I don't even know what search terms to try and search for it, but a quick look and noone seems to be talking about it:

g3hYRJ4.jpg

lcevrWO.jpg

It just started doing this since I played a few days ago. Since then I updated ScanSat, Karbonite, Regolith, TacLifeSupport, Community Resource Pack and Deadly Reentry to their new latest versions.

When I load the spaceplane pictured, the staging interface is missing, I cant activate the engines, I can't close the cargo bay, and the landing gear is falling through the runway surface.

Anyone have any ideas what the problem might be?

I'm not sure about the cockpit internal, but the rest looks like Firespitter is outdated and thus not activating. Reinstall the plugin (firespitter.dll) from the most recent B9 download or get it from snjo's github.

As far as I can tell there's been no update to Firespitter since September last year. That's the version I've got installed. Thanks for the quick response though.

The mod has not been updated but the plugin has.

EDIT: I can say for a fact that the firespitter plugin is not working - z fighting on the fuel tanks and both variants visible on the tail are definitely caused by this. Landing gear issues are also usually caused by this. The staging issues I'm not so sure about though.

Edited by blowfish

Well I re-downloaded the dll, and you were right, it fixed everything! Thanks!

(Still don't understand why it started glitching up in the first place, or how one is supposed to know when the dll has been updated, but oh well).