[1.2.2] B9 Aerospace | Release 6.2.1 (Old Thread)

bac9

Nope, sorry, cockpits with IVA are the most insanely time consuming parts to create and I don't really have an interest in sinking that enormous time into creating a very niche cockpit for HX part set. If I'll have some, I'll probably spend it updating more used cockpits, like MK2 one or S3 one.

I could try my hand at cockpit modelling and texturing if I get my hands on the cockpit models themselves. I probably can't do extremely complex modelling, but hey, a IVA is better than nothing, right?

Then again, I've modelled, but not for KSP.

Are you talking one that opens down and another that opens regular? ?Or more OPT where it opens both directions at the same time? Because you can just flip the current one over and you have a working bomb bay.

Are you talking one that opens down and another that opens regular? ?Or more OPT where it opens both directions at the same time? Because you can just flip the current one over and you have a working bomb bay.

MK2 Cargo Bay is asymmetric vertically, so "just flip" doesn't play the trick. Moreover, it has a thermal cover on the bottom (which is really minor).

Currently it is not, but bac9 as well as a few others are working on updating it. There is a playable version posted on the last page by blowfish, but the aero and engines are not working properly yet. Since the new aero is causing a lot of havoc for mods. Just be patient. There are enough of us that love this mod and bac9 hasn't left us :)

Horus Sorry about that I was thinking about the space plane parts, my mistake.

Currently it is not, but bac9 as well as a few others are working on updating it. There is a playable version posted on the last page by blowfish, but the aero and engines are not working properly yet. Since the new aero is causing a lot of havoc for mods. Just be patient. There are enough of us that love this mod and bac9 hasn't left us :)

Horus Sorry about that I was thinking about the space plane parts, my mistake.

I know it's not compatible with stock aero right now, but I'm just asking if it's going to be cause I saw some talk about going to FAR compat instead or something.

And I'm definetly being patient, just wondering about that particular fact. :)

Those new MK2 parts from a few pages back definetly look cool though.

Edited by smjjames

bac9, since you are revising models of your awesome mod - is it possible to make MK2 Cargo Bay (both sizes) opening to the bottom as well?

New cross section is vertically symmetrical so there is no such thing as top and bottom. Rotate it and you have a bomb bay.

Just created a pull request for the DDS file conversion. First time user on anything git or bitbucket and sourcetree but it really isn't to hard to learn with one of the multitude of tutorial vids. Best thing to get this thing up to speed after all is to contribute something to the task. I'm thinking on what else I might be able contribute to the project. Mayhaps updating the engine configs for the needed changes. :cool:

Oh my forget this pull request for now, I forgot to flip the textures.

Edited by Flashblade

Nope, K3|Chris no longer has the time to do any work on the mod, as far as I understand. There won't be any IVA updates for the foreseeable future.

can b9 made working somehow right now? i really like it, but as was already pointed out(shouldn't have to, really, i mean it says "0.90" in the freaking THREAD TITLE), it isn't updated yet.

New cross section is vertically symmetrical so there is no such thing as top and bottom. Rotate it and you have a bomb bay.

Would it feature togleable heat-shielding, like landing gears do? :)

also, please don't forget on Mk.2 to S2 crossection adapter :)

Edited by ZewelVonLelek

Would it feature togleable heat-shielding, like landing gears do? :)

also, please don't forget on Mk.2 to S2 crossection adapter :)

S2 is 2.5m with sides cut off and it has a very short adapter to 2.5m available, so I don't see any point in creating MK2 to S2 adapter.

As about heat shielding, we'll see, I need to come up with a good way to toggle the textures on select parts of the mesh and the system from B9-PW will not work here.

ok question...

KSP has incorporated all your Mk 2 stuff in stock now yes? or are there still some parts in this pack that stock does not use. my game is running at max memory and I can afford the entire pack, but I would like to add any Mk2 bits that stock did not incorporate.

Oh, and what about the multi mode engine, (SABRE?) is it compatible with 1.0.2? or do I need to wait for an update to use it?

Edited by Bit Fiddler

I have a little suggestion: it will be possible to have HX parts scaleable? This will be very useful in the new release...

Well you could always get Tweakscale...worked well in 0.90 so I think it will work as well in 1.0.

Anyway those new Mk 2 parts are so nicely designed. Really appreciate that you're spending time on churning out such great parts. Shame you have to abandon the old vertically asymmetric cross section - while I understand it works better for gameplay reasons, it just looks cooler and feel more realistic to me.

Edited by nedlee

S2 is 2.5m with sides cut off and it has a very short adapter to 2.5m available, so I don't see any point in creating MK2 to S2 adapter.

As about heat shielding, we'll see, I need to come up with a good way to toggle the textures on select parts of the mesh and the system from B9-PW will not work here.

When using the latest FAR, I have specific parts that overheat. Engines, The nose of the plane, and air intakes.

When using the latest FAR, I have specific parts that overheat. Engines, The nose of the plane, and air intakes.

Yes, because things haven't been updated to work with 1.0.x yet. It's on the to-do list.

- - - Updated - - -

Sure I can use TweakScale, but it needs to add a TweakScale Module. I can do it by myself, but not everyone is able to do it...

Does TweakScale know how to deal with FSFuelSwitch? It's one of those things that requires more than a simple exponent.

i like it how my question is like totally ignored. I'll just ask again: Can i just use b9 in it's current state without gamebreaking bugs, and if not, is there any way to get it working?

EDIT: fixed missing FREKIN' VERB like how the hell do i manage to miss the most important part of the sentence?

Edited by blub01

i like it how my question is like totally ignored. I'll just ask again: Can i just use b9 in it's current state without gamebreaking bugs, and if not, is there any way to get it working?

EDIT: fixed missing FREKIN' VERB like how the hell do i manage to miss the most important part of the sentence?

No one has answered because there's not a definite answer. There are known bugs but it's difficult to say if they're game-breaking.