[WIP] US Probes - Old and New - Dev Thread

raidernick

RELEASE THREAD

Now that I've pretty much wrapped up the Soviet Probes project I am switching my focus back to US related items, specially the probes. I am going to do a LARGE variety and as such I can't specifically state what I am and am not going to do yet. I can however say that I will be focusing on the older probes first, specifically pioneer.

Progress:

-Pioneer 0-11: done

-Aura, Aqua, Terra: done

-Voyager 1-2: done

-Galileo, Magellan: done

-Ulysses: done

-Deep Impact, Deep Space 1, Stardust: done

-Dawn, NEAR: done

-Vanguard 1-3: done

-GRAB-1: done

-Transit-2A: done

-Tiros-1: done

-TDRS A-G K: done

-New Horizons, Messenger: done

88x31.png

https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/3.0/us/

This license does not cover mod packs. Putting my work into a mod pack is prohibited.

Edited by raidernick

I am replacing the pioneer 10/11 model with one from the NASA website, it looks much better(makes sense though). What I need help with is the thruster location. I know there were 6 thrusters on pioneer 10/11. I cannot for the life of me find a picture of these thrusters though so I have no idea where to put them. Does anybody know where they should be or have a good picture of all 6?

That's what I thought at first, however after looking at the backup model Pioneer H and 10 there are no thrusters in those locations. In these pics you can see what appears like thrusters on the back but the placement makes no sense so I'm not sure.

Pioneer_H_NASM_RK_2008_5.jpg

627327main_ac72-2135.jpg

19720204-Pioneer-1_1442408i.jpg

Edited by raidernick

Ok so I have to make pioneer 0-2 from scratch because I don't like the models I have already. So here is my progress so far. I still need to add all the little bolt details and texture it. I'm not sure whether to make it blue or black. I am using the museum model for reference which is blue, but I don't know what it's actual color was since all the pictures are in black and white.

Xq2ldkE.png

uhzNQer.png

Edited by raidernick

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.