Is it Possible? Locking Solar Panels - Stop sun tracking

So I made a "Skylab" clone:

JlV7bLp.png

For aesthetic reasons, it'd sure be nice if there was a "right click" option that said something like "Disable Sun Tracking" or similar - so they'd stay fixed like they were on Skylab.

So it got me to wondering, and wondering got me to asking.

:D

TIA

It is not possible in stock game and I don't know if there is any mod that would add that functionality.

You can, though, use makeshift solar panels built from cubic octagonal struts and OX-STAT panels. Not deployable but also not animated.

• 4 years later...
3 hours ago, RushHour2k5 said:

@tg626 I know the chances are slim being that this is almost 4 and a 1/2 years old but is there anyway you have a craft file for this? I'm not noticing many people that have created stock replicas of Skylab and I'm interested in building one myself so I need ideas of how they were constructed.

The thread's ancient, but the answer's still the same.  ;)

The mod Tweakable Everything is still around (though under new management).  You can find it here:

12 minutes ago, Snark said:

The mod Tweakable Everything is still around (though under new management).  You can find it here

Thanks, however while I have already found the mod to add on to my game I was more curious about @tg626's craft file for this particular design of Skylab. I'm looking to try to build a similar replica in stock KSP with Making History using the science lab as the base. My ultimate goal is to try to build it as close to the original with no part mods and have the Apollo Telescope Mount swing down without having to use docking port, a probe and RCS thrusters. I would like it as one unit when launched and have it on a hinge type system. I'm intrigued by the design in the screenshot.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.