[1.2.2] Stock Part Revamp, Update 1.9.6. Released Source Files!

Ven

I love those solar panels.

Also nice to see the batteries actually emitting light, although they'll probably be buried inside fueltanks all the time with the new gizmos :D

Does the new jet engine have animations?

It has an throttle animation, but without a plugin like Firespitter or BD, it's stationary.

The glowing lights. :D

But I wonder, do they turn off when depleted of charge?

No, at least not yet.

Oh and what about these?

s0dlUfh.png

does this work with 0.90?

I have no Idea (probably though). We'll just see when they get around to releasing it.

Oh and what about these?

http://i.imgur.com/s0dlUfh.png

I feel like I've seen them some where before...

I'd kinda like to see some models to represent earlier rocket engines (And maybe an optional MM-config to make the LV-T30 and T-45 appear later in the tech tree)

Here's a drawing I did a while ago but never really managed to scan it. Here's a webcam photo of it. They're based upon the Rocket Motor for the German Aggregat-4 rocket; and the Rocketdyne A-7 Rocket Engine for the Redstone/Jupiter/Juno missile.

http://i.imgur.com/Cu3JkMV.jpg

LV-T15 Liquid Fuel Engine

Manufacturer: Jebediah Kerman's Junkyard and Spaceship Parts Co.

Tech Level: Basic Rocketry

Built using only components which could be found lying around in the junkyard, the LV-T15 Liquid Fuel Engine is a remarkably complex piece of engineering work, which is actually capable of burning a secret mix of alcohol, car fuel, acid, and whatever else could be found that burned when lit with oxygen; and actually produces a thrust that can be turned on and off, almost exactly unlike the RT-10 Solid Fuel Booster! It's also rather inexpensive, due to it being made from premanufactured components.

Max Thrust: 175 kN

Min Thrust: 175 kN

(Non-throttleable)

Isp: 310s (ASL), 330s (Vac)

Weight: 1.15 tonnes

Cost: 500 Funds

The LV-T15 is a simple rocket engine that can not be throttled, and it's not a high thrust or high efficiency engine. It is not very expensive though, and is sure to be a welcome addition to financially struggling space programs at any time.

L-V2 Liquid Fuel Rocket Motor

Manufacturer: Found in Wernher's old workshop

Tech Level: Start

After Wernher von Kerman's integration into the space program, we had as many of his old rocket engines shipped over here as possible. They've already been built, so they won't cost very much at all to get up and running again. The L-V2 is a liquid-fueled motor, which means that it burns a liquid fuel and an oxidizer, so unlike a solid fuel rocket, it can be turned off and on. It is also somewhat more efficient. Slightly. It also overheats more readily than other rocket engines.

Max Thrust: 105

Min Thrust: 105

(Non Throttelable)

Isp: 295s (ASL), 315s (Vac)

Weight: 1 tonne

Cost: 280 Funds

Like the LV-T15, the L-V2 rocket motor is rather cheap, though the L-V2 takes this to an extreme. It's low cost is made up for by a poor thrust to weight ratio, a poor efficiency, and a tendency to overheat. They were the first and only liquid fuel engines for quite a while, and Wernher's workshop of voluntold kerbal workers produced as many of these as they could, so there's no shortage of them. They're practically free, and thus will be insanely useful for space programs suffering a major finance problem. Bonus points if you use 30 of them to power the first stage of a Mun rocket.

Oh yeah... >.>

Ven, those look very interesting!

I would suggest taking the first in the direction of the Agena engine (Bell 80xx and 8247) since it already looks somewhat close (source of pic, with more), and the the second was already mentioned as looking rather like Redstone's engine, all it needs is an exhaust pipe (with a nozzle like that it's certainly not closed-cycle :D ). As it happens I was in Huntsville and have a *bunch* of reference pics if you'd like them. I would suggest, for once (very uncommon in KSP...), giving it a *lower* area ratio than what you have, though... :]

Edited by NathanKell

I second what NK is saying. Would love to see impressions of those engines.

I was wanting to release an engine pack which simulates a variety of real engines, but I just have no modding skills. I'd like to focus on smaller engines, and less well known ones first, then move onto more common ones. Also, would want to go in a chronological order with it all.

Maybe one day I'll be able to actually accomplish this, but for now, it's just an idea.

I really dig the way this project is going though, and it's basically a must have for me. Keep up the great work!

Hey Ven, just a quick blender/texturing question: Do you bake ambient occlusion onto your models, and if you do, do you use the blender internal render or cycles? I've been messing around trying to make a jet engine, but I can't seem to bake AO using cycles, the texture just comes out pure black and white...if you know of any tips on doing it correctly that would be awesome, otherwise, no problem, keep on with the great work on this pack! :D

Ven, those look very interesting!

I would suggest taking the first in the direction of the Agena engine (Bell 80xx and 8247) since it already looks somewhat close (source of pic, with more), and the the second was already mentioned as looking rather like Redstone's engine, all it needs is an exhaust pipe (with a nozzle like that it's certainly not closed-cycle :D ). As it happens I was in Huntsville and have a *bunch* of reference pics if you'd like them. I would suggest, for once (very uncommon in KSP...), giving it a *lower* area ratio than what you have, though... :]

They're based upon concepts I drew. The Redstone A-7 (Left) and the V2's engine (Right).

I just installed this mod in 0.90 and a bunch of parts are completely white. I've gone through and replaced the files inside the folder manually but that hasn't seemed to fix it. For a list of the parts affected:

FL-R10

Rockomax X-200-16

Rockomax X-200-8

Both radial stratus tanks

FL-A5

M- 1 x 1

All I-beams

All Girder segments

Rockomax Micronode

TR2-C

TR2-V

I just installed this mod in 0.90 and a bunch of parts are completely white. I've gone through and replaced the files inside the folder manually but that hasn't seemed to fix it. For a list of the parts affected:

(list)

Just a wild guess (don't know whether this is right), but they may be using .tga image files for their textures. KSP will sometimes not load random .tga files, so I would recommend converting them all to .png.

I don't know whether these are .tga files, but it seems like a good explanation.

Just a wild guess (don't know whether this is right), but they may be using .tga image files for their textures. KSP will sometimes not load random .tga files, so I would recommend converting them all to .png.

I don't know whether these are .tga files, but it seems like a good explanation.

I think they're all mbm actually...

FL-R10

Rockomax X-200-16

Rockomax X-200-8

FL-A5

M- 1 x 1

All I-beams

All Girder segments

Rockomax Micronode

TR2-C

TR2-V

I believe Squad moved some things around, so they have to be correspondingly moved around here in order for it to work.

FL-R10

Rockomax X-200-16

Rockomax X-200-8

FL-A5

M- 1 x 1

All I-beams

All Girder segments

Rockomax Micronode

TR2-C

TR2-V

Make sure your ModuleManager and your MM-config are in gamedata.

- - - Updated - - -

When will we get the latest release with the BATTERIES!?!?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.