[1.2.2] Stock Part Revamp, Update 1.9.6. Released Source Files!

Ven

The missing 2x2 structural panel was caused by a ModuleManager config error in line 1888 of "/GameData/VenStockRevamp/Part Revamp-MM.cfg":

It currently is:

model = VenStockRevamp/Squad/Parts/StructuralParts/Panel2x2

It should be:

model = VenStockRevamp/Squad/Parts/Structural/StructuralParts/Panel2x2

A minor edit is all it takes.

:D

Edited by Teslamax
reference to Shimmy's station explosion was removed as it was incorrect

Wait? What happened?

For one, structural panel was missing. When he fixed that, the station exploded. The same thing happened to my shuttle. It was a re-enactment of gravity.

To be clear, I still love this mod!

And also, I think it's only ships with the extendable solar panels that explode. OX-STAT is fine. And it doesn't happen on all ships. I shall do more tests!

Edited by GregroxMun

The pack replaces the parts even if you don't run prune.bat or prune.sh. However, the models and the textures for the old parts still get loaded although you can't see them since no part uses them.

Well that certainly wasn't clear in the documentation, but Huzzah! I'm fine with that anyway.

Ok, so I fixed the 2x2 panel, so it now shows up in-game. I also dimmed the both lights (expecially the MK2, which was using the same animation as the MK1, which was way too bright.)

But I couldn't 'fix' the solar panels, yet.

While they have no problems loading into a new save, the same is not true for old saves. Old saves with deployed/opened panels will be positioned at odd angles, which can lead to a very rapid un-assembly. I can't fix this right now, as I'll need to flip a bunch of transforms and redo all of the animations (at least that's all I think I need to do). Thankfully there's an easy(ish) workaround for now: Close all your solar panels, they'll load in perfectly when closed.

Not sure what's happening here. I tried adding rescaleFactor = 1.25 in Part Revamp-MM.cfg to the cockpit to see if it would fix it. It didn't.

http://www.kashcorp.co.uk/uhohshaggy.jpg

EDIT - What's even odder is there's no issue in the SPH.

EDIT 2 - Nevermind. Second launch from the SPH and it's now fine. I guess KSP had a brainfart.

I am also having this issue with the cockpit, although I tried adding the rescaleFactor and it didn't work... Mine only does it if I revert to launch. If I go back to the SPH and launch it is normal size.

Thanks for the update.

I am using RCSBuild aid, and looks like your rcs port has thrusters a little rotated:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/q4kwisz0fe7adhl/screenshot49.png?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/iv99wfha4ul9lko/screenshot51.png?dl=0

That might be intentional. If your thrusters are symmetrical it shouldn't cause a problem.

Are you planning to make the reaction wheels too?

I want to see remake of 0.625m to 3.75m reaction wheels.

Now there's 2 way to make it.

1. Make a stacked version. Compatible with stock.

2. Make a radially attached pairs version. KW rocketry do this, kinda useful.

How do you want to do it?

Are you planning to make the reaction wheels too?

I want to see remake of 0.625m to 3.75m reaction wheels.

Now there's 2 way to make it.

1. Make a stacked version. Compatible with stock.

2. Make a radially attached pairs version. KW rocketry do this, kinda useful.

How do you want to do it?

The radially attached versions make no sense and are even LESS realistic than the stock reaction wheels.

If reaction wheels are remade, you definitely must make sure you remove the aesthetics which make them look mostly like computers. The current Advanced Inline Stabilizer has a computer board looking top and bottom, and the Size 2 reaction wheel is completely hollow! It looks like it was modeled on a S-IVB Guidance Computer. The reaction wheels need to be redesigned to actually look like reaction wheels.

Hey, enjoying the mod, and the new setup that allows it not to overwrite the Squad parts, but I had a quick question. I've pruned the parts using the .bat file, and I decided to install SXT today as well. I'm having a problem with textures showing up as white and reddish on most of the SXT parts. Could this be because the pruning or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks!

Hey, enjoying the mod, and the new setup that allows it not to overwrite the Squad parts, but I had a quick question. I've pruned the parts using the .bat file, and I decided to install SXT today as well. I'm having a problem with textures showing up as white and reddish on most of the SXT parts. Could this be because the pruning or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks!

Yes. SXT relies on some of those textures existing in the Squad folder, so if you've pruned them then they're not going to show up correctly.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.