[1.2.2] Stock Part Revamp, Update 1.9.6. Released Source Files!

Ven

This should be really easy

Should take care of the LV03 engine, just do that for all of them and it should be fine, scaling will remain the same, you're just telling it to use Vens model and to remove the call for a separate texture, this also means you should be able to go into the Alchemy Tech folder and remove all the models and textures for those which will help with RAM usage.

If this doesn't work then let me know, but it should work just fine.

That much is easy enough to figure out, but I was specifically wondering how to set it up in such a way that only the LV-1 model/texture are involved. There's a lot more content in the entire part revamp mod, which might be unnecessary for someone who just wants to overhaul those small engines. I'm guessing the texture for the new model is bundled together in the same .mbm as something else - that's quite efficient and commendable.

OK, I got to the root cause of my malfunctioning (as in "always there" no matter what) heatshield fairing on the Mark 1-2 pod. I have the SDHI mod installed as well, and it adds an umbilical panel toggle to the capsule. Disable the umbilical Module Manager config file, and the fairing behaves normally.

Would be really nice to have mk 1-2 version without heatshield. I often use it integrated into more complex vehicles, like here:

image.php?u=101676&dateline=1422578351&type=profile

Btw, got it to run, but it ate up almost all my space. Will continue pruning.

Great mod!

Is it possible to disable fairing on skipper variant? The one without base. Not for all skippers of course, but I sometimes want to use it on 1.25m stages.

Btw, I'm sure I've seen model toggle functions in certain mods... Maybe use it for Skipper and other engines with different mounting variants and no difference in config?

Edited by sashan

That much is easy enough to figure out, but I was specifically wondering how to set it up in such a way that only the LV-1 model/texture are involved. There's a lot more content in the entire part revamp mod, which might be unnecessary for someone who just wants to overhaul those small engines. I'm guessing the texture for the new model is bundled together in the same .mbm as something else - that's quite efficient and commendable.

Ah ok I see what you are getting at, I believe the ones you want are the SmallEngines_CLR SmallEngines_LUM and SmallEngines_NRM

Those should be the texture files you want to keep. So pretty much you would want to delete everything else except the LV1 model and those three texture files.

Would be really nice to have mk 1-2 version without heatshield. I often use it integrated into more complex vehicles, like here:

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/image.php?u=101676&dateline=1422578351&type=profile

Btw, got it to run, but it ate up almost all my space. Will continue pruning.

Great mod!

Is it possible to disable fairing on skipper variant? The one without base. Not for all skippers of course, but I sometimes want to use it on 1.25m stages.

Btw, I'm sure I've seen model toggle functions in certain mods... Maybe use it for Skipper and other engines with different mounting variants and no difference in config?

The heatsheild is hidden under a fairing or even the fuel tank itself. No need to remove it, out of sight out of mind. Just like the Mk1 pod, no reason to remove that.

And Ven, something that always bothered me about the Mk1 pod is that it's top section doesn't quite match 0.625m parts. Could you use these revamps as an opportunity to fix that?

The heatsheild is hidden under a fairing or even the fuel tank itself. No need to remove it, out of sight out of mind. Just like the Mk1 pod, no reason to remove that.

And Ven, something that always bothered me about the Mk1 pod is that it's top section doesn't quite match 0.625m parts. Could you use these revamps as an opportunity to fix that?

Wouldn't you need to change either the angle of the pods slope or the height of the pod to do that? don't get me wrong its something that has bothered me too and I would love to see it revamped away my only concern is that it would seem inevitable someone would complain about the difference in dimensions and how it screwed up their old craft and that revamp shouldn't do anything different than stock if it claims to be a drop in replacement as if "no deviation" is the definition of the word revamp (which it isn't thankfully :wink:)

Ven, I have been looking at the mod, and I was wondering if you could make a separate download just for the new solar panels. I want to have the models, not the texture replacement of everything, including the old KSP solar panels. I love the screenshots and I may try it in a different version of KSP.

Thanks on replying and considering,

Astrofox

Have you thought about adding water sprayers at launch with giant plumes of steam? We already have the water tower. I think I'll ask Nazari too. It would give some awesome visuals.

Keep up the great work!

I think I've isolated the capsule-exploding bug that fraz_w and I encountered. It's FAR. Something about the new mk1 and mk1-2 capsules added in the 1.7 update isn't playing nice with FAR. When I remove its directory I don't get the bug at all (that's the only variable that I changed).

I'm also having this same issue. It definitely appears to be related to interaction with FAR, as I can reproduce it in a stock install with just ModuleManager, Ven's 1.7.1 and FAR. It would be great if anyone could figure out what's causing the issue, as Ven's work looks so good. I don't want to have to revert to those aesthetically challenged stock command modules now I've seen Ven's excellent reworking. This mod's pretty much a required install for me, it's so good. (But then again, so is FAR.)

KSP 0.90 Windows 32-bit, Ven's Stock Parts Revamp 1.7.1, FAR 0.14.6. Logs from the event are available at the link below (they don't tell me anything, but I don't really know what to look for):

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/53e7z6wc3gy9i3a/AACaNFdK2rWsHgXKslobiNcZa?dl=0

--Update

I discovered a rather bizarre workaround for this problem. More info and vids on the FAR thread if anyone's interested:

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/20451-0-90-Ferram-Aerospace-Research-v0-14-6-12-27-14?p=1706260&viewfull=1#post1706260

Edited by UnanimousCoward

I can argue about that. For instance, SDHI mod has an issue with that, for it has its' own heatshield for Mk1-2 pod with attach nodes fitted perfectly within avionics ring. And in this case the updated Ven's version of Mk1-2 does not fit really good.

I agree that here can be a rule - your mod your problems - applied. But, hey, stock Mk1-2 does not have a heatshield for a reason.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm also having this same issue. It definitely appears to be related to interaction with FAR, as I can reproduce it in a stock install with just ModuleManager, Ven's 1.7.1 and FAR. It would be great if anyone could figure out what's causing the issue, as Ven's work looks so good. I don't want to have to revert to those aesthetically challenged stock command modules now I've seen Ven's excellent reworking. This mod's pretty much a required install for me, it's so good. (But then again, so is FAR.)

KSP 0.90 Windows 32-bit, Ven's Stock Parts Revamp 1.7.1, FAR 0.14.6. Logs from the event are available at the link below (they don't tell me anything, but I don't really know what to look for):

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/53e7z6wc3gy9i3a/AACaNFdK2rWsHgXKslobiNcZa?dl=0

--Update

I discovered a rather bizarre workaround for this problem. More info and vids on the FAR thread if anyone's interested:

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/20451-0-90-Ferram-Aerospace-Research-v0-14-6-12-27-14?p=1706260&viewfull=1#post1706260

Now, regrading this issue. Seems to me that the problem is not FAR's "voodoo".

I've noticed that this issue occurs only when there are fairings on those 2 pods (Mk1 and Mk1-2).

You can check it with the following cases:

Mk1

1. Pick Mk1 pod.

2. Attach a separator TR-18D Stack Separator under the pod. You'll see that autoshroud appears between the pod & separator.

3. Complete the craft & deliver it into space - suborbit or orbit.

4. Decouple the separator before re-entry.

5. Enjoy the issue described.

However, if you disable Fairing in the first step - the issue is gone. So, I suppose that those auto fairings do cause some problems there.

I cannot describe the exact reason - I'm not a modder at all.

Edited by Horus
minor typos

Just tested it and you're absolutely right - disabling that fairing stops it from happening. Interesting. Must be some drag weirdness with that fairing and FAR. If I remember right, one of the inflatable heatshields in Deadly Reentry has (or had) a similar issue.

It's detailed in this post: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/54954-0-90-Deadly-Reentry-v6-5-2-Beta-Jan-27-2015?p=1705605&viewfull=1#post1705605

Edited by UnanimousCoward

I can argue about that. For instance, SDHI mod has an issue with that, for it has its' own heatshield for Mk1-2 pod with attach nodes fitted perfectly within avionics ring. And in this case the updated Ven's version of Mk1-2 does not fit really good.

I agree that here can be a rule - your mod your problems - applied. But, hey, stock Mk1-2 does not have a heatshield for a reason.

You're forgetting about gizmos, the avionics ring will fit on the pod fine if you lower it down a bit. And there isn't a reason that the stock Mk1-2 doesn't have a heatshield. No reason at all. That's why people have made parts to stick under the pod, so that it can have a heatshield.

The solar panels stopped being shiny for me ;_;

I installed a different version of EVE and some TAC retextures, and now my solar panels aint shiny no more. Windows are, though, which suggests it might be something to do with Ven's rather than TR. Any ideas?

I recently reinstalled the Stock Parts Revamp and I am no longer getting the reflections either. I tested it with just Ven's mod and Texture Replacer. The Reflections are present on visors but not on windows or solar panels. Not sure if it has something to do with Ven's mod or TR though.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.