[1.2.2] Stock Part Revamp, Update 1.9.6. Released Source Files!

Ven

This looks great, Ven!

I think I'll leave out many of your modifications, but I'm sure going to install all tanks, some of the smaller bits, and pods - they look great! Speaking of the pods - I see that you've changed the hatch placement on the MK1-2. I actually really liked the asymmetry, but I can live without it. My only concern is the compatibility with RPM. RPM adds a few props on the inside of the hatch, if I remember correctly. How do you think this will work out? Also, regarding the MK1-2 pod, would it be possible to install all your modifications except for the actual model? In other words, I only want to use your textures and the window glow/reflectivity for it.

Cheers mate, keep up the good work!

Has anyone else been experiencing an issue with this mod and Deadly Reentry where all the parts attached to the Mk 1-2 pod will burn up? I'm using the radial chutes from RealChute (which burn up instantly) and the docking port provided with the mod (which eventually burns up).

Edit: The pod itself explodes too eventually. The only thing I think that could be causing this is because I'm not using a heat shield, instead I'm relying on the ablative shielding of the pod itself.

Edit2: Yeah, looks likely the problem is the pod still needs the heat shield. If so I have no idea why it also has ablative shielding, unless that's the error Module Manager keeps putting up.:huh:

Edited by Medicus

Has anyone else been experiencing an issue with this mod and Deadly Reentry where all the parts attached to the Mk 1-2 pod will burn up? I'm using the radial chutes from RealChute (which burn up instantly) and the docking port provided with the mod (which eventually burns up).

Edit: The pod itself explodes too eventually. The only thing I think that could be causing this is because I'm not using a heat shield, instead I'm relying on the ablative shielding of the pod itself.

Edit2: Yeah, looks likely the problem is the pod still needs the heat shield. If so I have no idea why it also has ablative shielding, unless that's the error Module Manager keeps putting up.:huh:

That's because the pod has an integrated heatshield, so it is its own heatshield and the temperature of all the capsule will rise instead of having a cool capsule and an hot shield separated. This is why I asked to Ven if he could make the Mk1-2 pod without the shield (or at least an alternate) since it would also resolve any incompatibility this mod has with the SDHI Service Module System mod

Just testing out your mod, and I love most of what you've done! Most because for some reason I actually like the stock stubby nosecone parachutes ha! Everything looks spectacular and I like the attention to detail, like the little lights added to docking ports and such.

I'm curious about two issues I've quickly noticed though. The solar panels are very large compared to their stock counterparts, in the neighborhood of 4-5 times larger, is this intended? Also the MK2 escape cover has a pretty common issue I've noted with other mod escape covers. While it fits properly over the Mk1-2 command pod if there's nothing attached to the top node on the command pod, if you put on a docking port onto the command pod first the escape cover doesn't sit properly over the command pod. Of course this is just an aesthetic concern, but then the only real point to the escape cover is aesthetic anyway :)

Just testing out your mod, and I love most of what you've done! Most because for some reason I actually like the stock stubby nosecone parachutes ha! Everything looks spectacular and I like the attention to detail, like the little lights added to docking ports and such.

I'm curious about two issues I've quickly noticed though. The solar panels are very large compared to their stock counterparts, in the neighborhood of 4-5 times larger, is this intended? Also the MK2 escape cover has a pretty common issue I've noted with other mod escape covers. While it fits properly over the Mk1-2 command pod if there's nothing attached to the top node on the command pod, if you put on a docking port onto the command pod first the escape cover doesn't sit properly over the command pod. Of course this is just an aesthetic concern, but then the only real point to the escape cover is aesthetic anyway :)

Solar Panels being 5 times larger is in fact a bug. I have never seen it before, or heard reports of it, but they shouldn't be that big.

*Slow Clap*

Dude, you have talent.

Sadly, while I'd like to lay claim to creating that, the extent of my skills involved doing a search for something related to take my money and kerbals ;)

@vlad

Are you using SETI balance mod?

Um...I think so, or I was playing around with it trying to figure out how all the mods work together. Let me guess, it resizes the solar panels?

Um...I think so, or I was playing around with it trying to figure out how all the mods work together. Let me guess, it resizes the solar panels?

Seti makes panel sizes much more realistic so they are 2-3 times bigger than stock.

I cant click/highlight some of the revamped parts, like the thermometer science experiment or any of the docking ports. I can highlight some parts, like the accelerometer though. Only way to "fix" this is to reload the vessel in the editor, but when I place down the part again it breaks. How can I fix this? I'd upload screenshots but Imgur does not let me right now for some reason.

Edited by Shurikeeen

I cant click/highlight some of the revamped parts, like the thermometer science experiment or any of the docking ports. I can highlight some parts, like the accelerometer though. Only way to "fix" this is to reload the vessel in the editor, but when I place down the part again it breaks. How can I fix this? I'd upload screenshots but Imgur does not let me right now for some reason.

I believe this may be related to Texture Replacer's real reflections, assuming you've got that installed. If you set reflections to "none" before you enter the VAB, the parts behave normally. You can set it back to "real" afterwards.

Or you can disable real reflections on Ven's parts by deleting PartRevamp_TextureReplacer.cfg or changing the file extension so it doesn't load. Or, as I usually do, just stick with the minor irritation of saving and reloading.

I believe this may be related to Texture Replacer's real reflections, assuming you've got that installed. If you set reflections to "none" before you enter the VAB, the parts behave normally. You can set it back to "real" afterwards.

Or you can disable real reflections on Ven's parts by deleting PartRevamp_TextureReplacer.cfg or changing the file extension so it doesn't load. Or, as I usually do, just stick with the minor irritation of saving and reloading.

Removing the cfg seems to fix it :) Too bad I have to give up the awesome reflections though

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.