[1.2.2] Stock Part Revamp, Update 1.9.6. Released Source Files!

Ven

This may have already been asked before, but could someone give me instructions for how to only replace a few of the parts? I mostly want the jet engines and the intakes, as those never looked quite "advanced" enough to me ;)

I suppose you could comment (put a // in front of) out the lines in GameData/VenStockRevamp/PartRevamp-PathPatches.cfg that reference the parts you don't want replaced, but then the engines will look better than with the rest of the stock parts, and your crafts may appear mismatched.

Hey, I have a bug!!! The lab, the solar pannels and maybe some other parts like the mk2 escape cover are unclickable!!!

If your using texture replacer you have to set reflections to static or off when in the editor otherwise that happens. The other option is to save the craft and reload and the craft will be clickable again. No way around this as it's a side effect of the mesh hiding method used blame unity.

I've been wanting to try this pack for a while, but one thing always makes me hold off. Is it possible to just install the textures without altering the stock properties of the parts? Will that work or are the changes required for the models to work?

What I mean is, I want to be able to share my craft as stock and not have them perform any differently. So no altered gimbal or anything like that.

Edited by Alshain

I've been wanting to try this pack for a while, but one thing always makes me hold off. Is it possible to just install the textures without altering the stock properties of the parts? Will that work or are the changes required for the models to work?

What I mean is, I want to be able to share my craft as stock and not have them perform any differently. So no altered gimbal or anything like that.

All of the redone parts stay around the same dimensions as the stock parts (engines may be a bit longer or shorter, but the fairings hide that) and I don't change the parts abilities much. The most extreme I've gotten is adding a fairing and a bottom node to the aerospike, but nothing else really.

Aside from deployed solar panels, don't go from stock to revamp with them open or bad things will happen. :P

All of the redone parts stay around the same dimensions as the stock parts (engines may be a bit longer or shorter, but the fairings hide that) and I don't change the parts abilities much. The most extreme I've gotten is adding a fairing and a bottom node to the aerospike, but nothing else really.

Aside from deployed solar panels, don't go from stock to revamp with them open or bad things will happen. :P

Thanks, I'll give it a try on my existing sandbox save since it's going away in a week anyway.

I have an incredibly silly and embarrassing question. I'm fairly sure the first time I installed this I misunderstood the directions and wrote over the stock textures? The stock textures are gone, I'm fairly sure, and when I uninstall/reinstall it seems like Steam just restored my last install and I still didn't have the stock textures. TL;DR I've done something horribly wrong and I need to know how to restore my game.

I have an incredibly silly and embarrassing question. I'm fairly sure the first time I installed this I misunderstood the directions and wrote over the stock textures? The stock textures are gone, I'm fairly sure, and when I uninstall/reinstall it seems like Steam just restored my last install and I still didn't have the stock textures. TL;DR I've done something horribly wrong and I need to know how to restore my game.

This doesn't overwrite the stock models/textures, it uses MM to load different ones. If you ran the batch file that came with the download, that will have renamed all the stock model and texture files. There's another batch file in the download to restore them.

Odd, though, if you completely uninstalled the game from Steam that they didn't get restored. Did you delete the Kerbal Space Program folder entirely? Maybe mod files got left behind when it was uninstalled, and were still there after reinstalling?

This mod seems to work in 1.0 for me, without many bugs. The only bug I've noticed is the Engine Nacelle and the precooler have some scaling issues and are too small.

EDIT: Just noticed you can't delete some winglets when you place them in the editor.

Edited by GloriousWater

I've said it in videos but I realize I've never come to the forums to say, thank you. This is a beautiful stock replacement mod -- true to the heart of the game -- adding just enough little bits and bobs to fill the gaps we can all agree want filling without bloating our parts collections with useless faff. It's brilliant. Your texture and modeling work is superb. Roundly speaking: You rock, Ven.

- - - Updated - - -

PS: Easy way to run the VSR_prune.bat succesfully before this is patched to 1.0: Use notepad++ or a similar text editor to edit the VSR_prune.bat and have it find/replace all instances of ".mbm" with ".dds"

Should find 406 instances of it. Probably not a perfect fix, but seems to be working for me.

Hey Ven, could we have a change to the Circular Intake? The current stock model is very nice and works with the other spaceplane parts, but it has an issue. The Engine Nacelle and Engine Precooler have nice fan models, but the Circular Intake isn't hollow, so you can't see it. Could we have it slightly tweaked with a hole in the middle so we can see the fan on the other parts? Thanks, and awaiting a lovely 1.0 release.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.