[1.2.2] Stock Part Revamp, Update 1.9.6. Released Source Files!

Ven

Hey Ven, could we have a change to the Circular Intake? The current stock model is very nice and works with the other spaceplane parts, but it has an issue. The Engine Nacelle and Engine Precooler have nice fan models, but the Circular Intake isn't hollow, so you can't see it. Could we have it slightly tweaked with a hole in the middle so we can see the fan on the other parts? Thanks, and awaiting a lovely 1.0 release.

That would look absolutely awful on any part other than the precooler and nacelle. It'd be much better to make the fan part of the circular intake.

The new Mk1 parts added in Version 1.0 are scaled incorrectly.

Otherwise, absolutely loving the new update!

They are scaled perfectly for me C1T6yGy.jpg

EDIT: scratch that they ARE scaled incorrectly (note to self make sure you've updated ksp before commenting that something works)

Edited by BrutalRIP
my own stupidity

Hello guys!

Version 1.8 of Ven's stock revamp has been released and supports 1.0 with DDS textures! To get it, go to the github page here: https://github.com/VenVen/Stock-Revamp

Then download the repository as a zip. :D

Yup, and it's pretty much ready to go, their's a few things I'd like to clean up/polish and add before it's finished. Unfortunately one of those unfinished things are the pruner scripts, but those will be added in a little bit.

Fair warning though, HotRockets and Stock Revamp are having occasional fits with the RT-10 (had to change the FX transforms).

Javascript is disabled. View full album

any chance of getting the 1.0 stock air intakes retained. No offence Ven, yours look amazing, but i prefer the aesthetic of the 1.0 intakes. I'd like 2.5m resized versions of Ven intakes tho.

Yup, and it's pretty much ready to go, their's a few things I'd like to clean up/polish and add before it's finished. Unfortunately one of those unfinished things are the pruner scripts, but those will be added in a little bit.

Fair warning though, HotRockets and Stock Revamp are having occasional fits with the RT-10 (had to change the FX transforms).

http://imgur.com/a/chS2g

just an heads up, the RT-10 seems fixed (for me at least) with the latest Hotrockets

Yay! My LV-T15 is in-game! A drawing I made became a beautiful thing! I love this daschund!

Also, the Mammoth and the other KS-25 single engine have the wrong gimbal. In the update, they upped it to something like 3 degrees, along with most engines getting gimbal buffs.

Edited by GregroxMun

Just to confirm the scaling bug on fuselage parts and to second the suggestion to make the ram(p) intake more rampy (is that even a word?). Otherwise, absolutely loving it.

Yeah, the Ram Air Intake seems to have been replaced with another circular intake. Please give it its shape back!

- - - Updated - - -

I really really really like your use of the ablator mechanic to satisfy the "overheating easily" requirement of the LV-T15! Now, what about the L-V2?

And I think... Perhaps... The LV-T15 might be a bit overpowered in thrust. Lowering Max Thrust down to 390 kN and Isp 210s, 260s might work.

And to fix the bad scale of the fuselages, fleas, etc., I believe adding a RescaleFactor to the part configs or module manager might fix it.

Having played around with this a bit more, just... WOW. I love the little details like the slight bounce on the cupola hatches as they reach their maximum opening, the auto-tankbuts etc

Edited by SufficientAnonymity
I have a mental block about tankbutts and boattails

Ven. I love your models, but I also love the update stock models in 1.0. What would I need to do to make this mod not replace the stock models but instead add your parts alongside the stock parts?

Uh... at a guess, just... not run the pruner? Otherwise it might require some fiddling in MM configs.

Otherwise it might require some fiddling in MM configs.

That. Major fiddling. The MM configs are currently set up to say 'hey, [part]! Use [these textures and models] instead!'. You'd need to create new ones that define a part fully while still referencing the old specs and new textures, like 'this is a new [part] that uses [these current specs and parameters] and [these new textures and models]'. You misunderstand the use of the pruner - it renames stock textures and models (the ones that SPR replaces) so KSP doesn't load them, hence saving memory.

That. Major fiddling. The MM configs are currently set up to say 'hey, [part]! Use [these textures and models] instead!'. You'd need to create new ones that define a part fully while still referencing the old specs and new textures, like 'this is a new [part] that uses [these current specs and parameters] and [these new textures and models]'. You misunderstand the use of the pruner - it renames stock textures and models (the ones that SPR replaces) so KSP doesn't load them, hence saving memory.

You could just copy the stock part.cfg that you want to keep and change the name within the config right? That way you have a duplicate part that isn't touched by MM.

Huh, guess I was wrong. Still, there aren't that many stock parts one would want to keep -- the shiny new intakes, maybe? Other than that...

Yeah, I like the intakes, and honestly like the heatshields (minus the fairing, which is quite ugly) from stock, and the rest I'm happy to let Ven's models overwrite. However, I suck at playing with the config files. If anyone figures out how to revert either of those, let me know. Thanks!

I personally like Ven's intakes. If enough people like a stock-styled intake, though, there should be an option to switch between the two. Perhaps an "extras" folder?

Edited by EksCelle

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.