[1.2.2] Stock Part Revamp, Update 1.9.6. Released Source Files!

Ven

Would anyone happen to know how to fix the inverted flaps, incorrect tri-coupler nodes, and a missing .625m - 1.25m structural adapter I just noticed? If anybody could help out with the code, it would be greatly appreciated. Those are all the problems I haven't solved yet, the code for the Mk1 fuselages worked like a charm! Thank you Zisa!

I think that the inverted flap problem is also an issue in stock KSP, so i don't know if I can help (or even fix) that problem.

Here's the corrected adapters and the missing adapter:

@PART[stackTriCoupler] { !mesh = DELETE
!MODEL {}
MODEL {
model = VenStockRevamp/Squad/Parts/Aero/1mTriAdapter
rotation = 0.0, 180.0, 0.0
}
@PART[adapterLargeSmallTri] {
!mesh = DELETE
!MODEL {}
MODEL {
model = VenStockRevamp/Squad/Parts/Aero/2mTriAdapter
rotation = 0.0, 270.0, 0.0
}
}
@PART[adapterSmallMiniTall] {
!mesh = DELETE
!MODEL {}
%rescaleFactor = 1
MODEL {
model = VenStockRevamp/Squad/Parts/Propulsion/Adapter
}
}

}

paste over the existing entries of the Aero and Structural cfgs respectively and they should work properly.

or wait for a little bit for me to upload the fixes and some other stuffs.

The scaling bug seems to happen on the RT-5, too. Shouldn't be that much of a problem since I hardly ever fiddle around with career, bu I imagine this could get annoying if you do. Where would I put the scale modifier?

Confirm this bug on RT-5 too.

I've updated the Github repo, and everything should now be scaled properly. I've also added the new scanner parts, along with a few little tweaks to several fuel tanks, command pods, engines and the air intakes.

Hopefully there are no more missing parts.

The DDS version with updated parts (new and old alike) is available here.

Thanks. I guess I should have looked at the dev build before opening my mouth :/

How far along is v1.8.0 in terms of KSP 1.0.2 compatibility?

Thanks again for the wonderful stock part revamp.

Thanks. I guess I should have looked at the dev build before opening my mouth :/

How far along is v1.8.0 in terms of KSP 1.0.2 compatibility?

Thanks again for the wonderful stock part revamp.

It's basically done aside from a few balance and name changes of the parts Stock Revamp adds.

I really really like that mod. Squad should definitely hire you, this brings such an improvement to the game.

Just a small remark on this Mk1-pod RCS block: It feels somewhat unnecessary to have such a big RCS block for such a small capsule, especially since Kerbal reaction wheels are super powerfull. It would be super awesome, if it also comprises a small parachute and maybe even a non-androgynous docking port (by chamfering one end). Together with an small escape tower, this would really spice up one-man missions :)

I hope you enjoy your mod as much as everyone around here, because it's über-cool.

It seems the parachute in the Clamp-O-Tron MK16-XXL is not functioning like it should in several ways.

First, the descent speed is too high compared to the other parachutes:

With the MK16-XL a MK1-2 command pod with 2.5 metre heatshield descends at about 9.6 m/s.

Just a MK25-XL drogue shute slows it down until about 71 m/s.

The Clamp-O-Tron slows it all down to about 36 52 m/s.

Secondly, during descent a sideways force is present. Instead of going straight down there is an angle of about 45 degrees.

The direction of this force is south when in the standard VAB orientation.

Edit: ninjad by update on github :)

Tested using the build from github last night

Edited by NemesisWolfe

BTW, since I upgraded to a most recent version it added like 3000 patches in module manager, is that normal?

Sounds about right yea. It has to patch loads of parts for all sorts of different things.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.