[1.2.2] Stock Part Revamp, Update 1.9.6. Released Source Files!

Ven

In GameData\VenStockRevamp\PathPatches\Structural-PathPatches.cfg, search for 'ServiceBay'. You should end up near the bottom with a chunk of code that looks like this:

@MODEL,* {
@model ^= :^Squad/Parts/Aero/HeatShield/HeatShield3:VenStockRevamp/Squad/Parts/Heatshields/HeatShieldS3:
}
@MODEL,* {
@model ^= :^Squad/Parts/Utility/ServiceBay/ServiceBay_125:VenStockRevamp/Squad/Parts/Structural/ServiceBaySmall:
}
@MODEL,* {
@model ^= :^Squad/Parts/Utility/ServiceBay/ServiceBay_250:VenStockRevamp/Squad/Parts/Structural/ServiceBayLarge:
}
@MODEL,* {
@model ^= :^Squad/Parts/Structural/mk1Parts/mk1Structural:VenStockRevamp/Squad/Parts/Mk1/mk1structural:
}

Delete the two middle lines so it looks like this:

@MODEL,* {
@model ^= :^Squad/Parts/Aero/HeatShield/HeatShield3:VenStockRevamp/Squad/Parts/Heatshields/HeatShieldS3:
}
@MODEL,* {
@model ^= :^Squad/Parts/Structural/mk1Parts/mk1Structural:VenStockRevamp/Squad/Parts/Mk1/mk1structural:
}

Just did this and the service bay still doesn't have top and bottom. :( Do I need to start a new save for it or something? Or reunlock it from the tech?

engines i use are novapunch and kw rocket last versions and stock. stock is the fairing problem part is new clean install. mods are:

KSP: 1.0.2 (Win32) - Unity: 4.6.4f1 - OS: Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (6.1.7601) 64bit

Filter Extensions - 2.1.1

USI Tools - 0.4.1

Ambient Light Adjustment - 1.4.3.1

AutoAsparagus - 0.9

Bacon Labs - 1.0.5

CapCom Mission Control On The Go - 1.1

Chatterer - 0.9.1.86

Color Coded Canisters - 1.1

Community Resource Pack - 0.4.2

Contract Configurator - 1.0.4

Contract Pack: Anomaly Surveyor - 1.1.2

Contract Pack: Kerbal Space Station - 1.4.1

Contract Pack: RemoteTech - 1.1.3

Contract Pack: SCANSat Lite - 1.0.3

Contract Pack: Grand Tours - 0.1.5

Contract Pack: Tourism Plus - 1.1.3

Contracts Window Plus - 1.0.5.1

DMagic Orbital Science - 1.0.3

Editor Extensions - 2.7

Firespitter - 7.1.3

Fuel Tanks Plus - 0.8.2

Interstellar Fuel Switch - 1.2

Action Group Trigger On Stage - 2.0.7

RasterPropMonitor - 0.19.3

KerboKatzUtilities - 1.2.5

ForScienceContinued! - 1.0.1

KerbalScienceExchange - 1.1.1

KSP-AVC Plugin - 1.1.5

Infernal Robots - 0.21.2

Modular Rocket Systems - 1.6.4

Docking Port Alignment Indicator - 6.2

Pilot Assistant - 1.9

QuickStart - 1.0

RCS Sounds - 4.3

RealChute - 1.3.2.3

RemoteTech - 1.6.4

StockRT - 1.2.1

SafeChute - 1.7

SCANsat - 1.1.2

ShipManifest - 4.2.1.1

SmartStage - 2.6.1

Spacetux - 0.3.4

SpaceY Lifters - 0.13.1

StageRecovery - 1.5.6

TextureReplacer - 2.4.3

Kerbal Alarm Clock - 3.3.1.1

Alternate Resource Panel - 2.7.1

TweakScale - 2.1

Karbonite - 0.6.2

Karbonite Plus - 0.4

Sounding Rockets - 0.2

USI Alcubierre Drive - 0.2.1

Universal Storage - 1.1.0.3

Waypoint Manager - 2.3.2

Wider Contracts App - 1.1.2

Mark One Laboratory Extensions - 0.1.3

[x] Science! - 4.4

Hey folks, has anyone else got a problem with their rockets flipping out when staging? Not sure whats going on, i see that ven has changed the gimbals slightly, and i am trying to determine if this could be the cause. Center of mass doesn't change drastically between stages, i have checked this in the VAB.

I've been fighting this damn bug for 2 days now. Problem is, I use 100+ mods and it has been really annoying to narrow it down...

After a long work I've finally managed to find the issue... It's on the parachutes. I've confirmed that it happens when using stock/realchute chutes except the side ones. Check on VAB: If the staging icon doesn't appear for the chute, this chute will cause that problem.

Now I'm trying to figure out what to do to fix it... I'm no modder but I might be able to find something in the CFGs :)

EDIT:

It seems the problem is on RealChute's end.

Funny, I've always used RealChute but never found that bug... Seems to be happening with some people over there, though, so it might be a good idea to check that thread :)

Edited by DaniAngione

Hi Ven

I've got a problem where the Mk1 Lander Can is un-selectable/immaterial (can't attach any objects onto it) once placed - except when it is placed as the first part of a craft.

My only mods installed are:

Kerbal Alarm Clock

Engineer

Transfer Window Planner

Ven's Stock Part Revamp

Kopernicus

Can anyone confirm this problem?

I've got a problem where the Mk1 Lander Can is un-selectable/immaterial (can't attach any objects onto it) once placed - except when it is placed as the first part of a craft.

Please read the thread -- this comes up at least once per page. It's a side-effect of the reflective shader used by Texture Replacer. Shaw, the author of Texture Replacer, is testing a DLL that fixes the problem.

Any reason why the mk16 doesnt completely fit on the mk1 command pod? Meanwhile it's stronger than the mk26 drogue chute which doesn't slow the mk1 command pod down enough, while the mk26 fits ontop the command pod perfectly!

Doesn't make much sense to me but other than that the mod looks great!

EDIT: CKAN must've given me the wrong version, the mk16 fits perfectly when I downloaded this from github.

Edited by Olsson

I've been fighting this damn bug for 2 days now. Problem is, I use 100+ mods and it has been really annoying to narrow it down...

After a long work I've finally managed to find the issue... It's on the parachutes. I've confirmed that it happens when using stock/realchute chutes except the side ones. Check on VAB: If the staging icon doesn't appear for the chute, this chute will cause that problem.

Now I'm trying to figure out what to do to fix it... I'm no modder but I might be able to find something in the CFGs :)

EDIT:

It seems the problem is on RealChute's end.

Funny, I've always used RealChute but never found that bug... Seems to be happening with some people over there, though, so it might be a good idea to check that thread :)

Thanks for the reply dude. This will help a lot.

Has anyone else had the intakes revert to the stock one?? For some reason mine have reverted to the stock ones, Everything else in the pack works as intended though (well besides a small mismatch between the mk1. pod and the inline RCS block for it.).....

I'm thinking it has to do with the CTT mod, but I'm not sure.

I've checked pruned and unpruned just to be safe. Same either way, I really like Ven's versions So I reall want to get them back.....

Hi Ven, I'd like to request a few parts to be added to the next pack, if only because they seem like they should have been in stock anyways, Mk2 Intake and Mk2 Nosecone. I use other mods for these at the moment, but I figured you might add these in an upcoming version.

Installing this mod via CKAN does not work correctly. It appears to be looking for the ModuleManager DLL in the GameData folder, however CKAN does not install the ModuleManager in that location. This seemed to be fixed by downloading the mod as usual in CKAN and manually dropping ModuleManager into the GameData folder.

There appears to be the revamped canards as well as the Delta-Deluxe winglet has the animation for them reversed yet the wings aerodynamics behaves as if it wasn't reversed?

Here are a few pictures of the Aeris 3A with the front winglets replaced with various canards to show you what I mean.(note the control Inputs in the corner)

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Normaly it should behaves like this.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

I uninstalled RealChute since it doesn't work together with this mod.

But even then parachutes didn't seem to work, I could hear the mk16 deploy but there was no parachute and the vessel didn't slow down at all.

EDIT: Without using RealChutes parachutes do not seem to work for me. When deploying there is no chute at all, it seems to be missing.

EDIT 2: Got just the revamp to work on a new stock install which means that there's some mod conflict in all of my mods.

EDIT 3: I found what mod caused the issue with the parachute. The stockpart revamp does NOT work together with Deadly Reentry continued.

Edited by Olsson

This mod installed perfectly and looks amazing, but whenever I attach small radial items, such as small arrays and radial science parts, I cannot remove them from my craft, but I can drag them around with the offset tool?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.