[1.2.2] Stock Part Revamp, Update 1.9.6. Released Source Files!

Ven

I'm having an issue where on re-entry, the MK1 command pod dives downward instead of the heat shield directly underneath it. This happened in stock 1.0 but was fixed in a hotfix but after installing your mod it came back.

I'm having an issue where on re-entry, the MK1 command pod dives downward instead of the heat shield directly underneath it. This happened in stock 1.0 but was fixed in a hotfix but after installing your mod it came back.

weird.. mine worked fine

ok i'll try that tonight. and i'm sure this was answered somewhere in this 179 pg thread, but what's the deal with solar panels? even for new craft, i cannot retract any panels that have been toggled open. the solarpanelsretractfix.cfg doesn't appear to fix it either.

ok i'll try that tonight. and i'm sure this was answered somewhere in this 179 pg thread, but what's the deal with solar panels? even for new craft, i cannot retract any panels that have been toggled open. the solarpanelsretractfix.cfg doesn't appear to fix it either.

That's an intentional change in stock. The OX-4W and OX-4L can't be retracted by design.

Is the revamped "Poodle" engine taller than the stock version? I feel like I had a harder time putting landing struts on the revamped version than I remember having with stock, but I'm also wrong occasionally.

I don't like the ALCOR. It's not stockalike at all, from the IVA to the exterior.

Maybe not, but it's the only lander pod that allows you a full IVA flight experience in an elegant way. She's my go to without a question.

On another note: coming in HOT!

1k2KKMo.png

I love everything in this pack however I am not really find of the heat shield textures. Someone posted a way to get rid of the textures but for the life of me i can't find it on this thread. If someone could post it again I would really appreciate it. No offense to Ven but the stock heat shields are one of the the few things I actually prefer over Vens.

I love everything in this pack however I am not really find of the heat shield textures. Someone posted a way to get rid of the textures but for the life of me i can't find it on this thread. If someone could post it again I would really appreciate it. No offense to Ven but the stock heat shields are one of the the few things I actually prefer over Vens.

If you look in vans folder you will see Structural.cfg in it you will find

@MODEL,* {
@model ^= :^Squad/Parts/Aero/HeatShield/HeatShield1:VenStockRevamp/Squad/Parts/Heatshields/HeatShieldS1:
}
@MODEL,* {
@model ^= :^Squad/Parts/Aero/HeatShield/HeatShield2:VenStockRevamp/Squad/Parts/Heatshields/HeatShieldS2:
}
@MODEL,* {
@model ^= :^Squad/Parts/Aero/HeatShield/HeatShield3:VenStockRevamp/Squad/Parts/Heatshields/HeatShieldS3:
}

And you will see a folder Heatshields best guess delete them lines and folder.

WARNING! If you've installed VSR 1.8.0 or earler, close all of your solar panels before installing 1.8.1+.

I've fixed the solar panels orientation, so they won't cause problems during a stock > VSR or VSR > stock conversion.

Drag and drop the SolarPanelRetractFix.txt, into your game data folder before the rest of the mod, and convert it to .cfg. Then load up KSP and close all of your solar panels (the extra solar panels are an exception). Close KSP and delete the entire Stock revamp folder, and then install the mod normally.

This wasn't very clear to me - I misunderstood that if I was installing VSR for the first time ever, I didn't have to retract panels first. I installed with CKAN, loaded up, and my panels 1x6 were twisted sideways, and I could no longer retract the panels.

I tried renaming the fix to cfg but that didn't work to let me retract them either, so I moved the cfg to the GameData (out of VSR dir), still didn't work. Removed VSR, tried again.. not only doesn't work, my craft are all messed up with weird spacing between parts. Solar panels are oriented right though, but I still can't open/close them.

Is there something I could regex replace in the persistent.sfs to fix this? I don't really want to have to close all my RT satellite network panels and re-open them manually, anyways...

However, If you wish to save RAM, run the provided pruner files (.bat for windows, .sh for OS X and Linux) inside your KSP folder. If you choose to do this the stock parts won't be loaded into the game and in total, around 5-6 MB of RAM can be saved, but mods like SXT will more or less cease to function.

Is this a typo or not?

5-6 MB of RAM doesn't sound a great deal. I had assumed taking out the original textures would save much more.

What are people's experiences of running the bat file?

They already do, Ven added texturereplacer support long ago.

Unfortunately, it's untrue. The window reflections stop working with WindowShine installed; video example: http://a.pomf.se/bspfai.mp4

The Mk1 pod's window actually turns black after installing WindowShine. This is in a fresh install of KSP with no other mods and with Ven's, TextureReplacer and Module Manager installed from CKAN and then WindowShine installed on top.

Additionally, the cupola and Mk2 lander can reflections aren't working even without WindowShine; video example: http://a.pomf.se/gtccmr.mp4

I've made an issue about the cupola and Mk2 lander on GitHub.

Edited by slikts

The Cupola isn't shiny :(

This is in the log when I attach it:

"[Log]: [TR.TRReflection] Failed to replace any shader on "cupola" with its reflective counterpart"

With this in the TR config:

@PART[cupola]:NEEDS[TextureReplacer] { 
%MODULE[TRReflection]
{
colour = 0.3 0.3 0.3
interval = 2
meshes = Shine
}

Everything else shiny works fine though.

- - - Updated - - -

Unfortunately, it's untrue. The window reflections stop working with WindowShine installed; video example: http://a.pomf.se/bspfai.mp4

Why would you expect them to work? They can and probably do point to different reflective meshes, hence the conflict. As to without WindowShine, I've only noticed the cupola not reflect. The Mk2 lander can is not configured to.

The Mk1 pod's window actually turns black after installing WindowShine. This is in a fresh install of KSP with no other mods and with Ven's, TextureReplacer and Module Manager installed from CKAN and then WindowShine installed on top.

Additionally, the cupola and Mk2 lander can reflections aren't working even without WindowShine; video example: http://a.pomf.se/gtccmr.mp4

I've made an issue about the cupola and Mk2 lander on GitHub.

Why would you install windowshine and VSR at the same time? Windowshine is for the stock models, shiny windows will automatically come to you if you have VSR and texturereplacer installed.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.