[1.2.2] Stock Part Revamp, Update 1.9.6. Released Source Files!

Ven

Just reporting one very minor issue: Your pack overwrite MunSeeker´s Mk1 Greenhouse with your new model of stock cupola (great BTW!), it works, but you can´t open window guards. Is there a way to separate these two from each other?

If you used the pruner files, its going to make mods that pull from the stock textures break.

Bug Report:

The Rockomax X200-48 Fuel Tank does not properly attach radially.

It seems as if the radial collision dimensions are much smaller than the visual model dimensions, so it clips int the part it is supposed to radially attach to.

Might be a side effect of using a small diameter part as a basis for the +PART mm statement?

I'm not sure why, but for some reason SmartStage breaks with this mod installed: It works fine with it removed, but when it's installed, it failed to add the central engine in asparagus staging to the first stage, and adds it to the final stage instead. It also added the final descent stage (a pod with a heatshield and parachutes only, no engines) to the stage before it.

Here's the craftfile I used: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B57-R_pKOCX8M0dvQUJpSGFJTms/view?usp=sharing

No idea where the fault lies, but I've shared this in both threads.

The only thing in this pack that bothers me are the service bays. Without top and bottom covers, there is literally no place to attach experiments, antennas, batteries etc onto. I think that I´m supposed to place cubic strut inside to place thing onto? And reason for coverless bays is vertical stackability? Anyways, it would be nice to have version with and without, or tweakable context menu to provide covers (fairings). Because you can´t attach parts to doors or sides, and top with bottom covers do not exist, only place to attach something are tiny side strips between doors on the outside, which is ridiculous, to have thing placed outside while inside is empty...they are basically useless unless you place something in to attach thing onto, but them things may get wobbly when you attach more parts, clipping thru the sides and closed doors...

EDIT: May I suggest adding the possibility to display sideways layed "H" shaped scaffold into the bay (similar to sounding rockets cargo hold) to a) add LOTS of space to place all those little accesories onto, B) reduce part count (essential in early game when limited to 30 parts), c) simplyfying physics and thermal calculations (and bugs caused by them) because of fever, fixed parts. (no clipping thru the doors and random overheating)

Edited by Wolfox

The only thing in this pack that bothers me are the service bays. Without top and bottom covers, there is literally no place to attach experiments, antennas, batteries etc onto. I think that I´m supposed to place cubic strut inside to place thing onto? And reason for coverless bays is vertical stackability? Anyways, it would be nice to have version with and without, or tweakable context menu to provide covers (fairings). Because you can´t attach parts to doors or sides, and top with bottom covers do not exist, only place to attach something are tiny side strips between doors on the outside, which is ridiculous, to have thing placed outside while inside is empty...they are basically useless unless you place something in to attach thing onto, but them things may get wobbly when you attach more parts, clipping thru the sides and closed doors...

EDIT: May I suggest adding the possibility to display sideways layed "H" shaped scaffold into the bay (similar to sounding rockets cargo hold) to a) add LOTS of space to place all those little accesories onto, B) reduce part count (essential in early game when limited to 30 parts), c) simplyfying physics and thermal calculations (and bugs caused by them) because of fever, fixed parts. (no clipping thru the doors and random overheating)

Check the Github repository, I've added caps to the end of the service bays there.

I've found a mix up with the circular intake mesh. The intake behaves like a shock cone. I can hover over the it where the shock cone would be and I can still highlight the part.

http://i.imgur.com/ITYp2fUh.png?1

The Circular intake has two collision meshes: the first is a form-fitting mesh for its body and the other is a sphere set to disallow part placement. That's what your seeing there.

Check the Github repository, I've added caps to the end of the service bays there.

Sorry, can´t find it on github, is it somewhere in prune/unprune files? I´m only familiar with github as end user, just downloading updated mods :-/ Sorry for inconvinience.

Hi Ven,

just recently switched over to your pack, it is just awesome! Don't know if you ever stumbled upon this: [thread=104677]Mark One Orbital Laboratory Extensions[/thread], it is a great complement to the stock Mk1-pod. But there is a small sore spot for me: using your pack and the M.O.L.E together does not work terribly well... I asked Angel-125, the creator behind it if it might be possible to implement an alternate texture set: My request. Maybe you could help out?

Thank you for reading this and Cheers

Edited by E.Nygma

BUG REPORT: Disappearing tankbutts - see thread: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/125847-Fairings-and-Tank-Butts-Disappear

Also, a couple of aesthetic requests: could you please alter the IVAs to remove the new frames of the viewports from sight? Right now they are blatantly visible on some of the pods. And could your panels have the same gleam as stock ones? I even tried to unpruned them.

Also, please fix the clamp-o-chute. Without it, the LES blast cover fits poorly. Also, its decoupler is OP in its normal setting.

Awaiting eagerly for the 1.0.4-approved version.

Just reporting one very minor issue: Your pack overwrite MunSeeker´s Mk1 Greenhouse with your new model of stock cupola (great BTW!), it works, but you can´t open window guards. Is there a way to separate these two from each other?

You'd probably need to add the animation module (from the coupola inside of the command pod.cfg) from VSR to the Munseeker's cfg, and then change the replacement texture for the windows to 'clear' (it's an image texture in the command pod folder).

Sorry, can´t find it on github, is it somewhere in prune/unprune files? I´m only familiar with github as end user, just downloading updated mods :-/ Sorry for inconvinience.

Umm... Now I'm a little bit confused, are you looking in the stock_revamp repo, or the released files? The newer build is only available if you download from the repository directly.

Hi Ven,

just recently switched over to your pack, it is just awesome! Don't know if you ever stumbled upon this: [thread=104677]Mark One Orbital Laboratory Extensions[/thread], it is a great complement to the stock Mk1-pod. But there is a small sore spot for me: using your pack and the M.O.L.E together does not work terribly well... I asked Angel-125, the creator behind it if it might be possible to implement an alternate texture set: My request. Maybe you could help out?

Thank you for reading this and Cheers

I don't know, I some how get the feeling that some people may not appreciate me redoing all of their hard work, making them think that I'm just showing off...

Eh. In all seriousess, I'd prefer to finish the stock parts before I go after other mods, if I even do them at all.

BUG REPORT: Disappearing tankbutts - see thread: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/125847-Fairings-and-Tank-Butts-Disappear

Also, a couple of aesthetic requests: could you please alter the IVAs to remove the new frames of the viewports from sight? Right now they are blatantly visible on some of the pods. And could your panels have the same gleam as stock ones? I even tried to unpruned them.

Also, please fix the clamp-o-chute. Without it, the LES blast cover fits poorly. Also, its decoupler is OP in its normal setting.

Awaiting eagerly for the 1.0.4-approved version.

The tankbutts is a stock problem that occasionally occurs when you reload a save, or switch to another craft. Not much that I can do to fix that unfortunately.

What do you mean by the vewport frames? The exterior model showing in iva? Or something else?

And what do you mean by gleam? The size of the specular glare, or its reflected colour? Though both are changing when I put up the next update.

The escape cover is mainly an aesthetic part, and because I don't know what's mounted benith it, it'll require some fine tuning with the translation tool to get rid of the gaps.

The first is really high though, it's something that'll change shortly.

Umm... Now I'm a little bit confused, are you looking in the stock_revamp repo, or the released files? The newer build is only available if you download from the repository directly..

I´m using CKAN, I thought that its bots get the newest versions automatically, so I tried to find the caps only, but with no luck. TBH I´m not even sure what am I looking for, and I know github only from consumer side, so I just get lost in there, searching for files I don´t know what they look like :(

I´m using CKAN, I thought that its bots get the newest versions automatically, so I tried to find the caps only, but with no luck. TBH I´m not even sure what am I looking for, and I know github only from consumer side, so I just get lost in there, searching for files I don´t know what they look like :(

Yeah, CKAN goes to the most recent released version. Eh anyways:

https://github.com/VenVen/Stock-Revamp

Use the link and on the right-hand side, click the 'Download ZIP' button. That'll get you the most recent version.

Then I guess you'd need to uninstall VSR through CKAN, and then install the new one (Or do it any way you wish).

Yeah, CKAN goes to the most recent released version. Eh anyways:

https://github.com/VenVen/Stock-Revamp

Use the link and on the right-hand side, click the 'Download ZIP' button. That'll get you the most recent version.

Then I guess you'd need to uninstall VSR through CKAN, and then install the new one (Or do it any way you wish).

Thanks, this works, I feel really stupid that all i had to do was to get latest version from your github and replace the old one with it. I still dont understand why CKAN isn´t distributing this one as the latest? Or is it alternative version (with caps)? Sorry if I´m annoying :-)

What do you mean by the vewport frames? The exterior model showing in iva? Or something else?

And what do you mean by gleam? The size of the specular glare, or its reflected colour? Though both are changing when I put up the next update.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=481353505

Unless I aim for one of RPM's buttons, that frame in the window lights up green.

And, since I can't explain myself better, I'll keep it simple: I don't like the visual changes you've made to the general appearance of solar panels, and miss both the colour of the panel and their reflectivity (yours seem to be almost non-reflective).

Probably because it's not an official release, it's a dev build.

Now it makes much more sense! Thanks all for help, and many thanks to Ven for this awesome mod :)

EDIT: I know its dev build, but just in case you don´t know: Bug Report - MK1 Inline cockpit behaves really, really funky when attached to an airplane, especially small ones (flips plane around on its back). Also SAS cannot be engaged, as system says: No pilot onboard" when there is actually one in MK1 inline cockpit.

Edited by Wolfox

I don't know, I some how get the feeling that some people may not appreciate me redoing all of their hard work, making them think that I'm just showing off...

Eh. In all seriousess, I'd prefer to finish the stock parts before I go after other mods, if I even do them at all.

I would love a "backseat/Big G" for the mk1 pod like what mole has made, but in your style. I love your style and want a matching part. I don't think anyone would be offended. I mean there is several iterations of many different historically inspired crafts. No one seems to be upset when someone make another i their style/vision. I hope you will consider it in time :). I wish more people would try to improve stock visuals instead of dumbing down to match :(

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.