[1.2.2] Stock Part Revamp, Update 1.9.6. Released Source Files!

Ven

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but this doesn't add any parts right? I am trying to make some missions that stock players can replicate and I don't want to accidentally use a non stock part because I can't recognize it lol.

This mod does add parts. New tanks, several engines: LvT-15, 105-7P, LV-900, KS25, O-25, NT-5R, RockoMAX Solid Fuel Booster, RT-2, RT-20, SnubOtron, large RCS parts, structural parts, and maybe some new aero parts.

Edited by lurkoholic

This mod does add parts. New tanks, several engines: LvT-15, 105-7P, LV-900, KS25, O-25, NT-5R, RockoMAX Solid Fuel Booster, RT-2, RT-20, SnubOtron, large RCS parts, structural parts, and maybe some new aero parts.

It also changes the node positions of some stock engines for the tankbutt feature.

Just a small bug to report on the new "Nova" nuclear engine, in the config it is called nuclearEngine which is the same name as the standard "Nerv" so the game loads the "Nerv" instead. Changing the name to nuclearEngine2 (or some other unique name) fixes it.

Also a request; nerteas cryogenic engines use InterstellarMeshSwitch to give engines the possibility to switch between variants with and without tank butts/support structures. Would it be possible to switch to this method? (Sorry if this has been brought up before, don't remember seeing mentioned)

It also changes the node positions of some stock engines for the tankbutt feature.

I add new nodes, the old ones for the engines are still the same.

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but this doesn't add any parts right? I am trying to make some missions that stock players can replicate and I don't want to accidentally use a non stock part because I can't recognize it lol.

It does add a few new parts, but if you don't want them, just delete the Part Bin folder. After deleting it, the new parts won't show up ingame.

Just a small bug to report on the new "Nova" nuclear engine, in the config it is called nuclearEngine which is the same name as the standard "Nerv" so the game loads the "Nerv" instead. Changing the name to nuclearEngine2 (or some other unique name) fixes it.

Also a request; nerteas cryogenic engines use InterstellarMeshSwitch to give engines the possibility to switch between variants with and without tank butts/support structures. Would it be possible to switch to this method? (Sorry if this has been brought up before, don't remember seeing mentioned)

Oops, I've gone and fixed this in the most recent update (it seems that you downloaded and used an older version from earlier in the day).

Hmm, that's interesting, InterstellarMeshSwitch Would be a good sub-in for the finicky stock fairing module, I'll look into it.

(The new IVA's are not currently available)

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Please consider ASET props and avionics. You gauges are nice but there is still a lot more needed to have a fully functional cockpit. Please consider an ASET patch optional for those who have it also installed. I love the new parts and updates just download recently and really like the new jet engine models. Would you consider a Gemini style 2 man pod? The current one feels too similar to the mk1-2. Especially being the same form factor. Consider most who would be mad about an non stock size for the pod say 1.875 would probably not use the pod either way as they seem to want absolutely no extra non stock parts. Either way great work Ven love your style!

Oh good! Are the no-tankbutt nodes the old ones?

Also the new IVAs look delicious.

Yes.

Please consider ASET props and avionics. You gauges are nice but there is still a lot more needed to have a fully functional cockpit. Please consider an ASET patch optional for those who have it also installed. I love the new parts and updates just download recently and really like the new jet engine models. Would you consider a Gemini style 2 man pod? The current one feels too similar to the mk1-2. Especially being the same form factor. Consider most who would be mad about an non stock size for the pod say 1.875 would probably not use the pod either way as they seem to want absolutely no extra non stock parts. Either way great work Ven love your style!

I'm trying to set all of the props up like ASET anyways (sans the digital gauges, so not entirely the same). Trim knobs, action group buttons, SAS buttons, Etc. The current props planned are already in place in the prop configs.

The only thing that I don't have prepared is props with custom text quads (IE: AG1 is shown on the button as your parachutes for example), but those will be added in time.

Or If I felt particularly nasty, I'll forgo labeling anything and instead I'll make a manual for each IVA. :P

I thought about doing a Gemini-esk pod, but it looked too similar to the MK1 pod, Instead I based it of the soviet VA capsule (which made it look very similar to the MK1-2). Having a 1.875m pod would mean that I'd need to add a line of tanks, SAS, and Engines, otherwise it'd be too out of place.

I wonder what the VA would look like with a coat of green primer?

Hmm, that's interesting, InterstellarMeshSwitch Would be a good sub-in for the finicky stock fairing module, I'll look into it.

That would fix the problem to get the "right" node to attach for sure.

In some cases, that won't work either and your only choice is to remove the revamped model. Though they look great, the RCS jets in the pack are pretty terrible functionally. They are angled just ever so slightly which messes with an attempt to balance your RCS Translation. Even the 45 degree angle RCS (extra part) the top and bottom jets are not straight, so the forward and backward jets fire when translating left and right. This angle is part of the mesh and can't be altered in the configs as far as I know (I couldn't find it anyway). In the end, all you can do is revert them back to stock.

I love this pack, but there are still some little quirks like that one that need to be ironed out.

I did send Ven a pull request to fix the Mk26 parachute so it acts like a drogue (heat-wise). That can be done in configs.

RCS can be fixed by using ModuleRCSFX I guess.

Yes.

I'm trying to set all of the props up like ASET anyways (sans the digital gauges, so not entirely the same). Trim knobs, action group buttons, SAS buttons, Etc. The current props planned are already in place in the prop configs.

The only thing that I don't have prepared is props with custom text quads (IE: AG1 is shown on the button as your parachutes for example), but those will be added in time.

Or If I felt particularly nasty, I'll forgo labeling anything and instead I'll make a manual for each IVA. :P

I thought about doing a Gemini-esk pod, but it looked too similar to the MK1 pod, Instead I based it of the soviet VA capsule (which made it look very similar to the MK1-2). Having a 1.875m pod would mean that I'd need to add a line of tanks, SAS, and Engines, otherwise it'd be too out of place.

I wonder what the VA would look like with a coat of green primer?

Alright I can dig that. I am hoping for AoA gauges, dynamic pressure, IAS, flap and spoiler control, mach number gauge, temperature gauge, and would absolutely love if the ascent graph page worked like ASET and had dynamic pressure graphed as well. Makes for a really nice readout and shows max Q nicely.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.