[1.2.2] Stock Part Revamp, Update 1.9.6. Released Source Files!

Ven

[quote name='Mr C']Can you link the info on how to delete individual textures? I've been searching for forever and haven't been able to figure it out. :( There are a few of the new textures that I'd like to be able to use such as the new inline intake and the mk1 cockpit, but still keep the rest of Ven's gorgeous parts.
Cheers[/QUOTE]

This info would be appreciated by me as well!

So has anyone been able to figure out how to delete individual textures? Also, there is a bug with the the attachment radial attachment node the Thud engine. when you place it on a tank it attaches itself so it is clipped inside the tank and the wrong way round.

[quote name='Beetlecat']I'd love to have the "old" Mk-1 cockpit live on in this version.[/QUOTE]
seconded. i actually prefer the old one to the new pointy one. the new one's hatch is in an anoying spot for builders of SSTO's (especially smaller ones with wings all the way up to the nose)

[quote name='linuxgurugamer']Just an FYI, it looks like he will be releasing a new update soon. I just looked at his Github, and the last update was 9 hours ago, the version file was updated to 1.9.0[/QUOTE]

Ooh! Thanks for the heads up! 1.8.2 was available from there for ages, never officially released, fwiw.

Also, so many changes!

Pretty things!

[IMG]https://raw.githubusercontent.com/VenVen/Stock-Revamp/123fea17db3142a4b1c6d09b04af1227023bad61/GameData/VenStockRevamp/Squad/Parts/IVA/Props/MFD/MFDScreenSaver_BLU.png[/IMG]

[quote name='robson1000']I have a problem with Realchute and Stock part revamp.
Mk-16 looks like on the picture, and patch for Realchute does not loading correctly.
[spoiler=Pictures:]
[url]http://i.imgur.com/NnpEmAI.jpg[/url]
[url]http://i.imgur.com/PpKqLFP.jpg[/url]
[/spoiler]
KSP.log:
[URL]https://www.dropbox.com/s/s3ear0p74hoa478/KSP.log?dl=0[/URL]

I have only realchute, and Stock part revamp installed.[/QUOTE]

Where can I find the fix for this?

Edit:
Solved by using prerelease. Edited by Spanier

Hey Ven, I really love the new pack! just a few things I noticed are that the mk2 Service bay still doesn't open, and there are two mk1 cargo bays. Also, the point light doesn't change colour despite changing the RGB sliders. Oh, and I couldn't see the skipper engine. Is the Bollard replacing that? (I'm fine with that, the bollard looks gorgeous but I'm just a little confused) Other than that its looking fabulous! I LOVE the new rockomax tanks and I'm glad you've decided to include porkjets parts in it as well! Good job Ven!

Downloaded the 1.9.0 release and... wow. The words I wan't to use to describe it aren't appropriate for this forum! Just beautiful.
I know it isn't an official release yet so I won't comment on bugs or anything but one thing I would say is that I don't think the 3.75m parts should have blue end caps, they look a bit strange to me. I liked orange but if that's a no-no then perhaps a kind of bluish silver/steel colour would look better?
And I'm not sure if the VA or Kerbcan parts are meant to have IVAs but they don't seem to be showing up if they are.

[quote name='Mr C']Hey Ven, I really love the new pack! just a few things I noticed are that the mk2 Service bay still doesn't open, and there are two mk1 cargo bays. Also, the point light doesn't change colour despite changing the RGB sliders. Oh, and I couldn't see the skipper engine. Is the Bollard replacing that? (I'm fine with that, the bollard looks gorgeous but I'm just a little confused) Other than that its looking fabulous! I LOVE the new rockomax tanks and I'm glad you've decided to include porkjets parts in it as well! Good job Ven![/QUOTE]

Thanks! I've managed found out what was causing the problems and updated the repo, most of it was a bunch of mis-configured parts and the skipper was failing to load into the game entirely. XD

[quote name='Mr C']Oh, and also, there is always half a shroud on the NERV, even when it hasn't got a decoupler on it and even when shroud is disabled[/QUOTE]

Thanks for reporting this, The fairing got renamed somehow in the model, which is why it was always there.

[quote name='benjee10']
And I'm not sure if the VA or Kerbcan parts are meant to have IVAs but they don't seem to be showing up if they are.[/QUOTE]

The VA pod dosn't exist yet, but the Kerbcan has one hidden away in the files. I'm waiting for the new parttools package before I release any of the IVA's.

[quote name='Luka 999']Finaly! I realy like the new texture of the 3 crew pod and the better look of the 1.25m heatsheild and the 1 crew pod. One thing I noticed. The yellow stripe 1.25m decupler is clipping a little into the 1 man pod.[/QUOTE]

I think you're using v1.8, [URL]https://github.com/VenVen/Stock-Revamp[/URL] is where you can get the newer version of the mod, which is almost release ready. ;)

[quote name='Spanier']I noticed another rescaling bug in the prerelease:
The "SC-9001 Science Jr." appears somewhat too big.[/QUOTE]

Argh! This never seems to go away! Ok, I've fiddled around with the config some more, so hopefully the scaling will be fixed now. *crosses fingers.*

Ven, I noticed that in the description of the radial Fly-By-Wire hub, you have written "The last thing you want is one of those eggheads flying the ship." That is extremely sexist, you should feel bad! XD

(If you think about it, female kerbal heads are egg-shaped, so you know...)

Okay, I'm not so good with the jokes after all.

EDIT: Instead of jokes, how about a picture of the Cisjovian Command and Habitation module for my Alternis Real Solar System game.

EDIT2: How about actually adding the picture? kmcu1e4.png

The large habitation module is needed because the destination, Luna, is a longer trip than in our normal solar system. In Alternis Solar System, Earth orbits where Ganymede used to and Luna orbits where Callisto used to. This means that the Hohmann transfer to Luna takes 28 days instead of just 3. Voyages to Io or Venus (the latter of which replaces Europa) would take considerably less time, but still a bit much to be stuffed into a command pod for that long.

Edited by GregroxMun

Hi Ven!

First of all, your work is absolutely amazing. The attention to detail, the crisp textures, the design... just about everything - awesome.

Now, the boring part - the attach node of the Mark 1-2 pod seems to be off-center. I've not ruled out the problem being on my end, but none of the other mods I've installed modify the stock parts or their configs.

[IMGUR]BkU3S[/IMGUR]

As evident from the pictures, it seems the node is misaligned on one axis only. KER confirms that the problem is not just visual. Edited by Kristian

Hey Ven -

The skipper model isn't loading properly:

[code]
[ERR 22:58:05.009] Texture 'VenStockRevamp/Squad/Parts/Propulsion/ksp_l_midrangeEngine_diff' not found!

[ERR 22:58:05.010] Texture 'VenStockRevamp/Squad/Parts/Propulsion/ksp_l_midrangeEngine_normal' not found!

[ERR 22:58:05.010] Texture 'VenStockRevamp/Squad/Parts/Propulsion/Skipper_Lum' not found!

[LOG 22:58:05.013] Load(Model): VenStockRevamp/Squad/Parts/Propulsion/SkipperB
[ERR 22:58:05.019] File error:
Tag: No_Attach is not defined!
at (wrapper managed-to-native) UnityEngine.GameObject:set_tag (string)
at A..ReadTagAndLayer (System.IO.BinaryReader br, UnityEngine.GameObject o) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at A..ReadChild (System.IO.BinaryReader br, UnityEngine.Transform parent) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at A..ReadChild (System.IO.BinaryReader br, UnityEngine.Transform parent) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at A.. (.UrlFile ) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
[/code]

@ObsessedWithKSP

Ah yes, thank you for pointing that out. I got the terms all mixed-up.
Nevertheless - the CoM of the stock Mark 1-2 is perfectly aligned, as is the case with all the other stock pods.
I for one prefer my CoM's to be lined up with the rest of the rocket, but that may just be me being obsessed with precision...

[quote name='Ven']Argh! This never seems to go away! Ok, I've fiddled around with the config some more, so hopefully the scaling will be fixed now. *crosses fingers.*[/QUOTE]

Thanks for fixing, but I think the TR-18A Decoupler is also too big :sealed:

Edit: More bugs
[url=http://imgur.com/YW2DfF9][img]http://i.imgur.com/YW2DfF9l.png[/img][/url]
Many engines don't have an "engine" module, and for some reason, there is a *outdated* Skipper in TechTree node 0.
And yes, the engine is too small. Edited by Spanier

[quote name='ObsessedWithKSP']I believe it's actually the CoM that's off-centre, which would be intended behaviour (to help control re-entry).[/QUOTE]

That makes launch escape system useless tho. IMO it should be done like in RealismOverhaul - adding a switch that allows moving COM in flight.

[COLOR="silver"][SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[quote name='Spanier']Thanks for fixing, but I think the TR-18A Decoupler is also too big :sealed:

Edit: More bugs
[url=http://imgur.com/YW2DfF9][url]http://i.imgur.com/YW2DfF9l.png[/url][/url]
Many engines don't have an "engine" module, and for some reason, there is a *outdated* Skipper in TechTree node 0.
And yes, the engine is too small.[/QUOTE]

That Skipper is an old version that is there to prevent craft vanishing when upgrading.

Tried out the new build.  The long tail sections and tail fin parts seem to be missing, which breaks a bunch of craft for me.

Are they coming back or does the OP need to be edited to remove the "won't break craft"?

EDIT: Ram air intake is gone also

Edited by Tankman101

I might have found a bug but also the fix for it.(it's not in the new build)

Noticed the textures for the 3.75m tanks looked weird only at launch and still were the original ones in the VAB/SPH which was because the FuelTanks.cfg file located in VenStockRevamp/Squad/Parts was missing this line for the 3.75m tanks:

!MODEL {}

Adding that bit before the MODEL{...} line for all three tanks fixed the problem.

Edited by void_error

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.