[1.2.2] Stock Part Revamp, Update 1.9.6. Released Source Files!

Ven

7 minutes ago, NathanKell said:

@Deimos Rast yep. But if things are failing to work when doing the other thing...something weirder is going on. You didn't prune anything did you?

I may have physically relocated "FuelPipe.mu" (as mentioned in the OP).

The only two things I did were commenting out those lines and moving the .mu file, which I'm assuming is the graphic associated with the Fuel Pipe in question. I now know I missed a spot (the second config) which was still pointing to the "FuelPipe.mu" I had removed, resulting in the error, causing "VesselLoading Error" to occur. That's my understanding of the issue anyway. I have yet to try editing the newly discovered config, but I'm confident it'll work (what could go wrong?:cool:).

Currently everything is restored to original order as when I installed the mod and everything is working as intended (although Colored Fuel Lines is still being over written, but, meh).

Yep, if you do what the OP says about changing existing models, then other mods that depend on those models will fail even if you undo the cfg patches. If you want a stock part to stay untouched by this pack, you need to not let the pack's cfg patches change it, but you also need to not do so yourself. :)

Hi @Ven Loving the lastest update. Those new engine tank buts/adapters look fantastic and work so much nicer than the old method! Also I adore the new batteries and probe parts. Not a huge fan of the new docking ports though, but that is just personal preference.

One small issue though, the patch that was added to IVAs to the kerbcan and VA pod works fine for the kerbcan, but appears to point to a new internal for what appears to be the Size 2 lander can. I don't understand why it is pointing to this, but also I don't see any config in the IVA folder that seems to relate to the VA pod. 

Are you able to clarify which internals should be for what?

Also I could've sworn you made new internals for the pods (i'm sure I remember a new IVA for the 1-2 pod) aside from just the new gauges

Edited by Chimer4
edited for a bit more clarity

On 2/26/2016 at 3:42 PM, Horus said:

Updated from github. Noticed that HG-55 High Gain Antenna is a bit broken now: shows duplicated controls in context menu - Deploy Limit & Toggle (dunno what's that).

I had the same issues. I, personally, don't know how animations are handled in unity and how to access them in-game, so, in the end, I just commented it of patch files. Once you do that it works just as intended.

On 2/26/2016 at 4:43 PM, Chimer4 said:

Hi @Ven Loving the lastest update. Those new engine tank buts/adapters look fantastic and work so much nicer than the old method! Also I adore the new batteries and probe parts. Not a huge fan of the new docking ports though, but that is just personal preference.

One small issue though, the patch that was added to IVAs to the kerbcan and VA pod works fine for the kerbcan, but appears to point to a new internal for what appears to be the Size 2 lander can. I don't understand why it is pointing to this, but also I don't see any config in the IVA folder that seems to relate to the VA pod. 

Are you able to clarify which internals should be for what?

Also I could've sworn you made new internals for the pods (i'm sure I remember a new IVA for the 1-2 pod) aside from just the new gauges

It appears that Ven merged the pull request that fixes both Kerbcan and MK2 "VA" pods not having their IVA's assigned at all. Another thing that was changed was that the Inflatable Habitat was given a stock IVA placeholder until a unique one was made and assigned. IIRC if you download the mod directly from the master branch on GitHub, you should get the most recent updates before a "proper release". 

If the fixes for some odd reason don't work, I would have no clue as to why that would happen. When I was making sure everything was assigned correctly before I sent the pull request everything was working properly. All-in-all I hope this will fix the issues some people have been having with not being able to EVA their kerbals, as well as the people that had been asking for the kerbcan to have it's own IVA.

On 29/02/2016 at 4:51 PM, FiiZzioN said:

It appears that Ven merged the pull request that fixes both Kerbcan and MK2 "VA" pods not having their IVA's assigned at all. Another thing that was changed was that the Inflatable Habitat was given a stock IVA placeholder until a unique one was made and assigned. IIRC if you download the mod directly from the master branch on GitHub, you should get the most recent updates before a "proper release". 

If the fixes for some odd reason don't work, I would have no clue as to why that would happen. When I was making sure everything was assigned correctly before I sent the pull request everything was working properly. All-in-all I hope this will fix the issues some people have been having with not being able to EVA their kerbals, as well as the people that had been asking for the kerbcan to have it's own IVA.

I didn't have problem that it didn't work, its that you are for some reason pointing the VA pod to an IVA for the Mk2 Lander can. From what I can make out in the IVA folder there is no IVA for the VA pod. Or did you use that IVA just so that people can EVE kerbals? Personally I would have used the blank placeholder IVA or sa the 1-2 pod IVA. If you use "name = Placeholder" (I think that's right) in the config then you get the portraits in the bottom right so you can EVA them, but you don't get an IVA.

2 hours ago, Chimer4 said:

I didn't have problem that it didn't work, its that you are for some reason pointing the VA pod to an IVA for the Mk2 Lander can. From what I can make out in the IVA folder there is no IVA for the VA pod. Or did you use that IVA just so that people can EVE kerbals? Personally I would have used the blank placeholder IVA or sa the 1-2 pod IVA. If you use "name = Placeholder" (I think that's right) in the config then you get the portraits in the bottom right so you can EVA them, but you don't get an IVA.

It's mainly for people to be able to EVA. Part of what I wrote was before I altered some of what is currently in place. The reason for the lander can internals was that the stock "Placeholder" IVA caused some issues with kerbals not being able to EVA with the VA pod specifically; this is the same issue as it had without one defined at all. SO, I went with, what I personally felt, a decent alternative until you can an actual independent IVA for that pod. The one that was just assigned has two seats, and is more functional that it it was or would be had I used a blank interior. I'm sorry that you don't you necessarily agree with that choice, but you can easily alter it by either editing the MK2 "VA" config itself, or make a MM patch which changes the INTERNAL node. 

TL;DR

It's simply a band-aid that stops the random EVA bugs until it get's proper treatment. If you don't agree with the temporary fixes you're more than welcome to alter them yourself. :)

Sorry that I wasn't clear enough on that issue.

Here's the MM patch that will give it a placeholder instead of something semi useful until there's a proper interior:

@PART[MK2VApod]:Final
{
	@INTERNAL
	{
		@name = Placeholder
	}
}

Edited by FiiZzioN
It's hard to tell how something was said over the internet, but emoticons can certainly help to a certain degree.

That's cool, I've already fiddled quite a bit with some of vens configs (adding engine heating effects, swapping the aerospike model for the old one) and I'm currently using the mk1-2 IVA as I feel it fits a bit better, but that's just personal opinions, nothing against you at all. 

I did try changing the configs so that all pods use vens IVAs where possible but they all seem broken (mk2lc there's a Kerbal face down on the floor, mk1-2 had no instruments). Call me crazy but I'm sure they used to work just fine :D

Well, I've been using this mod for a lot of time, and I love it more and more with each update, and this one wasn't an exception. Love the new tankbutts, much better than the previous ones, and the new small parts and the "revamp" of the docking ports are amazing. 

I just have a little problem, but I don't know if it's just in my game or in general. I can't find the Safty Bubble inflatable module nor the Mk1 Cargobay in the career mode. And no, it's not that I haven't unlocked them :P

3 hours ago, Krux said:

Well, I've been using this mod for a lot of time, and I love it more and more with each update, and this one wasn't an exception. Love the new tankbutts, much better than the previous ones, and the new small parts and the "revamp" of the docking ports are amazing. 

I just have a little problem, but I don't know if it's just in my game or in general. I can't find the Safty Bubble inflatable module nor the Mk1 Cargobay in the career mode. And no, it's not that I haven't unlocked them :P

Where is this new update you are taking about?

Also, is there any way I can get the 1.8 aero parts into 1.9?

Hi there, the reflections on the pods and lander cans have stopped working for me, seemingly for no reason. I do use dynamic texture loader, might that be causing a problem?

EDIT: Also I select the 1-2 pod in the VAB its RCS thrusters fire continuously inside the VAB. Seeing as its the stock revamp that adds the RCS thrusters to the 1-2 pod I thought I'd raise that here as well.

I can provide a list mods I'm using if it would help; it's a very long list.

EDIT 2: It's definitely not Dynamic Texture Loader; I tried taking that out and the reflections issue is still there, in that there's no reflections.

Edited by gerishnakov
Another problem

Just firing up a craft I downloaded from kerbalx and noticed the jet turbines (beautiful, by the way) that get replaced by VSR and it reminded me -- have there been any attempts to make these toggle-able--even if just in the VAP/SPH?

I personally prefer them, but in this case it makes some craft visually awkward since the engines are in the way. ;)

12 minutes ago, FiiZzioN said:

What part(s) had the blue windows? I don't seem to remember which ones had them at all.

Sure, it's the Cupola, Lab and Hitchhiker Can, both MK2 pods and lander cans, and the MK1 pod. The windows on the MK1 and MK2 pods don't look too bad, but it still would be nice if they were changed. 

http://imgur.com/48jbQk2 The parts would look way better if they matched the window color of this pod. Thanks in advance, m8.

Edited by Han_Hecking_Solo

12 minutes ago, Han_Hecking_Solo said:

Sure, it's the Cupola, Lab and Hitchhiker Can, both MK2 pods and lander cans, and the MK1 pod. The windows on the MK1 and MK2 pods don't look too bad, but it still would be nice if they were changed. 

http://imgur.com/48jbQk2 The parts would look way better if they matched the window color of this pod. Thanks in advance, m8.

I currently can't get to it now, but I'll be able to look into it a bit later.

I seem to be having problems with the parachute . 
When i deploy they are TINY. while being very cute it does not really help get kerbals safely back down. (seems to be similar to a bug where if you quicksave and quickload when a parachute is deployed it is tiny)
I have installed using CKAN and have also tried to remove the mod and reinstall it but always causing the same problem 
Is there any way to fix this? 

@Ven

Loving the newest changes/art except the return of shrouds as adapter for engines. This meant all my rocket being built with Kerbal Construct Time had to be open in the editor and have shrouds toggled off so they don't wreck aerodynamics ith FAR. Please consider and model swapping module like fire spitter or even better maintain Interstellar Fuel Switch. These both allow swapping of models without fuel switching options that way user control when they appear 100%. I figure you'd rather not add a dependency, but it really really would improve compatibility with already in progress games, but if there is a variable you can add to the module so the shroud defaults to off that would work just fine as well. Hate to always ask, but @NathanKell is there a way to make sure a shroud will default to disabled?

Cryo Engines by @Nertea is a excellent example of this with gimbal assembly being togglable if you consider it.

Thanks for the amazing mod! :D 

Edited by Svm420

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.