[1.2.2] Stock Part Revamp, Update 1.9.6. Released Source Files!

Ven

13 hours ago, NathanKell said:

Gimbals should be aligned (for a traditional stackmount engine) so that +Z is part -Y. X and Y should be along the part's X and Z axes then.

That would explain what I'm seeing them. I assume that this is something that will have to be changed in unity on vens end of things.

On 3/31/2016 at 10:47 AM, Bored971 said:

It seems like the door on it doesn't match the pod's door

It's not a bug, you are meant to add a docking port on top of the capsule, try to add the one with a chute the attach the cover you'll see that it align perfectly

Checked, the mod seems to work just fine in 1.1! Only issue are the landing legs, which are using the old module and therfor are broken.

Got rid of them by removing 'landing leg' lines in:

[...]\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\VenStockRevamp\Squad\Parts\Utility.cfg

and

[...]\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\VenStockRevamp\PathPatches\Utility-PathPatches.cfg

Edited by Temeter

6 hours ago, Temeter said:

Checked, the mod seems to work just fine in 1.1! Only issue are the landing legs, which are using the old module and therfor are broken.

Got rid of them by removing 'landing leg' lines in:

[...]\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\VenStockRevamp\Squad\Parts\Utility.cfg

and

[...]\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\VenStockRevamp\PathPatches\Utility-PathPatches.cfg

Have you checked the engines with gimbels. When I tested the parts in 1.1 the gimbels were very much broken.

Edited by Farix

1 hour ago, Farix said:

Have you checked the engines with gimbels. When I tested the parts in 1.1 the gimbels were very much broken.

All gimbals worked, even the bollard (quad engine/quad vernier) does its job for me.

EDIT: Had some issue with occlusion just while rising from duna. Might not even have anything to do with the revamp, be a 1.1 issue, but who knows. Log doesn't say much, just this constantly repeating:

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 64)

Occlusion area test is NAN! Args 8.86934681452559 NaN 14.3279895782471

Edited by Temeter

2 hours ago, Temeter said:

All gimbals worked, even the bollard (quad engine/quad vernier) does its job for me.

I've rechecked in a fresh 1.1 install with just Ven's and Module Manager v2.6.21 running in 64-bit. After testing the 1.25m engines, there was no yaw control on the LV-909 "Terrier", LV-T45 "Swivel", and LV-900 "Beagle". The S3 KS-25 "Vector" and KS-25 "Badger" worked.

8 minutes ago, Farix said:

I've rechecked in a fresh 1.1 install with just Ven's and Module Manager v2.6.21 running in 64-bit. After testing the 1.25m engines, there was no yaw control on the LV-909 "Terrier", LV-T45 "Swivel", and LV-900 "Beagle". The S3 KS-25 "Vector" and KS-25 "Badger" worked.

Just checked and you're correct. Interesting, I didn't have any issue yet controlling my craft. Guess the 900/909 are orbital engines anyway, and I rather used the KW rocketry engines instead of the 45/30.

Edited by Temeter

So I just downloaded the (I presume work-in-progress) 1.9.2 version and... wow. Ven, your part revamp is just absolutely beautiful. The tanks, the F9 landing legs, the optional tankbutts... the quality of the modelling, texture-work, attention to detail and overall aesthetics are unmatched. Seriously amazing work. My KSP experience would not be the same without your overhaul, so thank you for taking time out of your life to create this wonderful mod.

3 hours ago, TyrannoFan said:

So I just downloaded the (I presume work-in-progress) 1.9.2 version and... wow. Ven, your part revamp is just absolutely beautiful. The tanks, the F9 landing legs, the optional tankbutts... the quality of the modelling, texture-work, attention to detail and overall aesthetics are unmatched. Seriously amazing work. My KSP experience would not be the same without your overhaul, so thank you for taking time out of your life to create this wonderful mod.

Where did you find 1.9.2?

So I downloaded 1.9.2, it's AWESOME.

I removed the landing legs due to known issues.

I also am using KW Rocketry Engines to avoid the Gimbal issue for the time being (Actually liking the KW rocketry mod too!)

I also made a workaround where window shine and texture replacer are working with 1.1 so everything is beautiful!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.