[1.2.2] Stock Part Revamp, Update 1.9.6. Released Source Files!

Ven

This mod is awesome.

If you are using the development version (1.9.2) you may have noticed that there is an inline 1.25m drogue paracute, that is a bit unbalanced. Also, the 1.25m inline standard parachute and its radial counterpart have different specs, but same mass.

You can use this MM patch to fix these minor problems:

Spoiler

// ============================================================================
// Disable new drogue parachute
// rationale: still unbalanced
@PART[parachuteSingle_drogue]:NEEDS[VenStockRevamp]:FINAL
{
  @TechRequired = Unresearcheable
  @category = none
}

// Make radial parachute weight more
// rationale: stronger than inline one, there should be some tradeoff
@PART[parachuteRadial]:NEEDS[VenStockRevamp]:FINAL
{
  @mass = 0.2
}

// Increase crash tolerance of heatshields
// rationale: early parachute is weaker in VanStockRevamp, they always explode
@PART[HeatShield1]:NEEDS[VenStockRevamp]:FINAL
{
  @crashTolerance = 14
}
@PART[HeatShield2]:NEEDS[VenStockRevamp]:FINAL
{
  @crashTolerance = 14
}
@PART[HeatShield3]:NEEDS[VenStockRevamp]:FINAL
{
  @crashTolerance = 14
}

You'll notice this also increase crash tolerance of the heatshields. This is because, using the 1.25m inline standard parachute, you now go down at about 10m/s in the early game and that damn headshield was exploding all the time! Cheers.

3 hours ago, ShotgunNinja said:

This mod is awesome.

If you are using the development version (1.9.2) you may have noticed that there is an inline 1.25m drogue paracute, that is a bit unbalanced. Also, the 1.25m inline standard parachute and its radial counterpart have different specs, but same mass.

You can use this MM patch to fix these minor problems:

Reveal hidden contents

// Disable new drogue parachute
// rationale: still unbalanced
@PART[parachuteSingle_drogue]:NEEDS[VenStockRevamp]:FINAL
{
  @TechRequired = Unresearcheable
  @category = none
}

// Make radial parachute weight more
// rationale: stronger than inline one, there should be some tradeoff
@PART[parachuteRadial]:NEEDS[VenStockRevamp]:FINAL
{
  @mass = 0.2
}

// Increase crash tolerance of heatshields
// rationale: early parachute is weaker in VanStockRevamp, they always explode
@PART[HeatShield1]:NEEDS[VenStockRevamp]:FINAL
{
  @crashTolerance = 14
}
@PART[HeatShield2]:NEEDS[VenStockRevamp]:FINAL
{
  @crashTolerance = 14
}
@PART[HeatShield3]:NEEDS[VenStockRevamp]:FINAL
{
  @crashTolerance = 14
}

You'll notice this also increase crash tolerance of the heatshields. This is because, using the 1.25m inline standard parachute, you now go down at about 10m/s in the early game and that damn headshield was exploding all the time! Cheers.

What inline parachute? I haven't seen one.

On 10.04.2016 at 2:02 PM, Temeter said:

Checked, the mod seems to work just fine in 1.1! Only issue are the landing legs, which are using the old module and therfor are broken.

Got rid of them by removing 'landing leg' lines in:

[...]\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\VenStockRevamp\Squad\Parts\Utility.cfg

and

[...]\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\VenStockRevamp\PathPatches\Utility-PathPatches.cfg

I did what you told and now i don't have any landing legs ;( How I can fix that?

On 4/18/2016 at 3:23 PM, TheKerbalPl said:

I did what you told and now i don't have any landing legs ;( How I can fix that?

Make sure in the configs that you remove the part that requires module manager to delete the stock landing legs. I had the same issue. I believe it is in the squad/utility.cfg

Pleeeeeease, Update to 1.1. I love your textures, they are waay better than the stock ones. Only one thing annoys me: the docking port hitbox. When docked, it doesn't really look like it's together, there is some space in between.

1 hour ago, Artheus said:

Pleeeeeease, Update to 1.1. I love your textures, they are waay better than the stock ones. Only one thing annoys me: the docking port hitbox. When docked, it doesn't really look like it's together, there is some space in between.

Ven's working on it, it'll be ready when it's ready :).

As for your docking port issue, I haven't noticed that, unless you might still have the bumpers deployed? (check the contextual menus for both docking ports).

6 minutes ago, Tandoori said:

Didn't want to pester Ven, but good to know! :D

Really loving the revamp, the 192 also brought some cool stuff. Don't really want to go back to stock at this point!

2 hours ago, Tandoori said:

As for your docking port issue, I haven't noticed that, unless you might still have the bumpers deployed? (check the contextual menus for both docking ports).

Awesome, if only the near future parts will be updated now, i can finally go on to 1.1! (I am starting to hate the poor pixelrate on OpenGL)

46 minutes ago, Artheus said:

Awesome, if only the near future parts will be updated now, i can finally go on to 1.1! (I am starting to hate the poor pixelrate on OpenGL)

Most of the near future mods and parts still work, biggest not working (that I know of) is the curved solar panels. NF propulsion was having an issue with a file and loading so I just deleted those files, but everything else seems to be working fine.

The only problem with this mod is that once you go ven's, you can't go back to stock, because everything looks so terrible D:

Love the mod, looking forward to the 1.1 update of it :D

Time to wait patiently for a few weeks until all mods I use get updated and maybe get bugfixes.

Ven's Part Revamp is one of my favorites, congrats to Ven for the awesome modeling work! It's gets more awesome with every release.

On 13-4-2016 at 7:13 PM, TyrannoFan said:

So I just downloaded the (I presume work-in-progress) 1.9.2 version and... wow. Ven, your part revamp is just absolutely beautiful. The tanks, the F9 landing legs, the optional tankbutts... the quality of the modelling, texture-work, attention to detail and overall aesthetics are unmatched. Seriously amazing work. My KSP experience would not be the same without your overhaul, so thank you for taking time out of your life to create this wonderful mod.

I couldn't agree more. It's just amazing. I can't believe the talent, thinking and amount of work you put into this @Ven . I also downloaded the WIP 192, you're on a great course. Love the new structural parts and the comms devices (anticipating antenna range I guess). It has been said over million times before I guess, but them Squaddies should seriously consider your input on their design. And seeing what you're doing here I can't imagine them not doing so. I swear I'm almost as excited as I was for the entire 1.1 release :) Thanks a million for your effort.

So, it's been a few days, and I think I'm really starting to miss this mod. How are things still working for you @Temeter, @TheKerbalPl, @TG_bigboss? Any other issues besides the landing legs, and are things like docking port bumpers and cabin lights still working? 

EDIT: I also just want to thank @Ven for his amazing work on this mod. You rock.

Edited by Tandoori

6 minutes ago, Tandoori said:

So, it's been a few days, and I think I'm really starting to miss this mod. How are things still working for you @Temeter, @TheKerbalPl, @TG_bigboss? Any other issues besides the landing legs, and are things like docking port bumpers and cabin lights still working? 

EDIT: I also just want to thank @Ven for his amazing work on this mod. You rock.

When I tried playing with it during the pre-release the shorter rocomax decoupler was missing, which despawned some of my ships in orbit. 

33 minutes ago, Tandoori said:

Small issues mostly. Biggest issues is docking ports (minus parachute port) are broken, the bumber is always out (they got 2 bumpers, 1 i can control, and a duplicate thats always out). Landing gears are ofc broken too. Gigantor XL is always shown as retracted but works as if it's extended, with no options. Also, there is a kinda annoying bug with the MK1-2 pod where the windows become transparent on mouseover overlay (you see through the part).

You can remove those replacements by hand tho and use the working original.

Edited by Temeter

3 hours ago, Temeter said:

Small issues mostly. Biggest issues is docking ports (minus parachute port) are broken, the bumber is always out (they got 2 bumpers, 1 i can control, and a duplicate thats always out). Landing gears are ofc broken too. Gigantor XL is always shown as retracted but works as if it's extended, with no options. Also, there is a kinda annoying bug with the MK1-2 pod where the windows become transparent on mouseover overlay (you see through the part).

You can remove those replacements by hand tho and use the working original.

You forgot that most of the engines have no yaw control.

@HoveringKiller

Well, I fixed the landing legs by just using the default squad legs for now and the huge spacex landing legs I changed the module from the landing legs one to just a generic animation one. Most of this mod is easily fixed with some temporary edits till it gets updated is all.

Edited by TG_bigboss

3 minutes ago, TG_bigboss said:

@HoveringKiller

Well, I fixed the landing legs by just using the default squad legs for now and the huge spacex landing legs I changed the module from the landing legs one to just a generic animation one. Most of this mod is easily fixed with some temporary edits till it gets updated is all.

I'm not very good at the editing part of computers so I've just been waiting for the full release before trying to play my career save again. Unless you could walk me through getting the shorter rocomax decoupler to work. 

3 minutes ago, HoveringKiller said:

I'm not very good at the editing part of computers so I've just been waiting for the full release before trying to play my career save again. Unless you could walk me through getting the shorter rocomax decoupler to work. 

Sure let me check ingame with what's the issue with the part and ill get back to you. Haven't  had a lot of time to fully test all the parts yet.

Just now, TG_bigboss said:

Sure let me check ingame with what's the issue with the part and ill get back to you. Haven't  had a lot of time to fully test all the parts yet.

Not sure if this'll help but I think it's just not registering. When I tried to go into the vab it said locked or invalid parts and wouldn't let me load the ship, which happened once before when I accidentally un-installed a mod that I thought I didn't need anymore but hadn't yet taken the parts off of my ship.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.