[1.2.2] Stock Part Revamp, Update 1.9.6. Released Source Files!

Ven

2 minutes ago, HoveringKiller said:

Not sure if this'll help but I think it's just not registering. When I tried to go into the vab it said locked or invalid parts and wouldn't let me load the ship, which happened once before when I accidentally un-installed a mod that I thought I didn't need anymore but hadn't yet taken the parts off of my ship.

well, that's strange it might be that you uninstalled something then. I know when I first loaded this mod that all my crafts were acting up till I did some config edits. One of the issues was the landing legs missing. I know with the latest updates I always start fresh because of the issues with older mods and whatnot.

10 hours ago, TG_bigboss said:

well, that's strange it might be that you uninstalled something then. I know when I first loaded this mod that all my crafts were acting up till I did some config edits. One of the issues was the landing legs missing. I know with the latest updates I always start fresh because of the issues with older mods and whatnot.

Re=downloaded it at it seemed to help, but for some reason the save is still not working entirely, but I don't think it's this mod anymore. Would you by any chance know how to change the date in the persistent file? My game reverted back to the first day, and it is really just an annoyance right now :/

1 hour ago, HoveringKiller said:

Re=downloaded it at it seemed to help, but for some reason the save is still not working entirely, but I don't think it's this mod anymore. Would you by any chance know how to change the date in the persistent file? My game reverted back to the first day, and it is really just an annoyance right now :/

Sure let me check ingame with what's the issue with the part and ill get back to you. Haven't  had a lot of time to fully test all the parts yet.

I do, however its not that easy. You will have to edit all the time stamps for each mission currently that im aware of unless someone has a better way. To change the actual time the space program has been running i will have to look into.

19 hours ago, Temeter said:

Small issues mostly. Biggest issues is docking ports (minus parachute port) are broken, the bumber is always out (they got 2 bumpers, 1 i can control, and a duplicate thats always out). Landing gears are ofc broken too. Gigantor XL is always shown as retracted but works as if it's extended, with no options. Also, there is a kinda annoying bug with the MK1-2 pod where the windows become transparent on mouseover overlay (you see through the part).

You can remove those replacements by hand tho and use the working original.

I don't see any issue with docking ports with just Ven's installed. Are you sure that's not coming from somewhere else? Also, as you can see in the image I don't have any problems with the shorter Rockomax decoupler.

q2e0sre.jpg

DXhz1GO.jpg

Edited by MalevolentNinja

21 minutes ago, TG_bigboss said:

Sure let me check ingame with what's the issue with the part and ill get back to you. Haven't  had a lot of time to fully test all the parts yet.

I do, however its not that easy. You will have to edit all the time stamps for each mission currently that im aware of unless someone has a better way. To change the actual time the space program has been running i will have to look into.

It seems to have screwed with the missions as well. Oh well, just time warped to around year 12 and going from there since that's about when I started constructing my space station. All the contracts and stuff are still set for the old time so I've got like 23 years to do some that I had 2 years to do originally haha. Thanks for the help though.

25 minutes ago, MalevolentNinja said:

I don't see any issue with docking ports with just Ven's installed. Are you sure that's not coming from somewhere else? Also, as you can see in the image I don't have any problems with the shorter Rockomax decoupler.

My docking ports are broken. Decoupler working fine, the 3 man pod is causing (visual) trouble. It's probably in the dependencies, the whole thing hasn't been updated. Who knows what's going on.

13 minutes ago, Temeter said:

My docking ports are broken. Decoupler working fine, the 3 man pod is causing (visual) trouble. It's probably in the dependencies, the whole thing hasn't been updated. Who knows what's going on.

Yeah I see the Mk1-2 disappearing windows bug too. I also have a similar issue with all the Ven's parts when behind a fairing (doesn't seem to matter if it's a Ven's fairing or a stock fairing). Stuff behind a fairing will disappear from certain angles, when you mouse over them in the VAB.

vtLEBUW.jpg

I just tested - I didn't realize this is a bug in stock 1.1. Nothing to do with Ven's :)

Edited by MalevolentNinja

In KSP 1.1 64bit using Ven's 1.9.x I seem to be missing one of the nodes on the docking port as you can see in the spoiler below. If I comment out/remove Ven's docking ports from the config files to get the stock ports back I see both nodes again. Anyone have any idea what's causing this?

Spoiler

HpxKMv7.pngqz8qqgO.png

Edited by visivante

@Ven I remember a while back just before I took my....vacation a guy talking about completely retexturing all the parts. Pretty much everyone brushed him off by saying stuff like "I like your enthusiasm but it's been tried before. It's a big project and nobody sticks with it" and "Don't take it the wrong way but we have been disappointed before." Let me just say I think we are all glad you stuck it out. I eagerly await whats next.

Can confirm that the docking ports are broken. Everything but the Mk16-XXL has the bumper permanently stuck out, and the XXL glitches out when docking. When you dock two XXLs, the vessel will combine, but then will start spazzing out, and will no longer be in orbit- it appears to be "landed" in orbit. 

EDIT: Might be modulemanager.

EDIT: No, it's one of the other mods. Trying to figure it out.

Edited by physicsnerd

Ok, I tested all of my mods- the issue with the docking ports is mostly from the Hullcam VDS mod. It messes with the bumpers on all of the stock docking ports, and causes the bumper to be stuck. If you're using Hullcam, uninstalling it or deleting the docking port config file inside the Hullcam folder will fix your problem.

Edited by physicsnerd
more specific

It seems my Stratus VI Cylindrified LFO tanks have the wrong ratio of fuels at 36 LF /22 OX but the config says: 

@title = Stratus-VI Cylindrified LFO Tank
    @description = A Repourposed Stratus-V tank, the Stratus-VI now stores Liquid Fuel and Liquid Oxidizer instead of Monopropellant.
    @mass = 0.14
    @RESOURCE[LiquidFuel] {
        @amount = 36
        @maxAmount = 36
    }
    @RESOURCE[Oxidizer] {
        amount = 43.3332
        maxAmount = 43.3332
    }
}

Any Ideas? 

omg those docking ports look so good! love the new textures , i was a ctually thinking of trying to retexture them myself to get them to look like that. im wondering if we can get sdhi compatibility for the docking port with the chutes.

Edited by techstepman

I'm so curious about what Ven comes up with for this KSP version...

They say curiosity killed the cat, fortunately I'm not a cat.

Stock Part Revamp 1.9.x was amazing, apart from a few misalignments on the Z axis for a few parts. Easily fixable though.

3 hours ago, Luka 999 said:

Sorry dude. Didn't mean to offend anyone. :)

It's just that this has been asked already in this thread, and with the release of KSP1.1 requests - indeed, pestering - for mod updates got so widespread that a new forum rule had to be instituted.  That should give an idea of just how tired people are collectively of hearing that question.

As regards this mod, it's as Svm420 says: Ven is aware of the need for an update and is working on it at their (his? I don't want to assume gender) own pace, and unpleasant as it may be the rest of us will just have to be patient and wait for it.

I created a zip of all the changes necessary to run this in 1.1.2, you can dowload it here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/5l3t4uhkf9bwcbm/VenStockRevamp_1.1.zip?dl=0

To install just put the contents of the zip directly into your gamedata folder.

Changes:

• Removed the landing legs
  • Removed reflecting windows and solar panels
  • Implemented @lagcity613's patch for the gigantors
  • Removed engines with gimbal issues

All other credit goes to @Ven

License: CC-BY 4.0 International 

Edited by peachoftree

8 minutes ago, peachoftree said:

I created a zip of all the changes necessary to run this in 1.1.2, you can dowload it here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/5l3t4uhkf9bwcbm/VenStockRevamp_1.1.zip?dl=0

Changes:

Nice! Thank you! Cant wait to see the official version from Ven!

1 hour ago, peachoftree said:

Changes:

Some parts (Mainly the escape tower and parachute dockingport) seem to have INSANE drag.

3 hours ago, peachoftree said:

Changes:

Any chance you could remove the engines with known gimbal issues too??

i think that that will ensure full functionality. 

I totally would but I have no idea where to start!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.