[1.2.2] Stock Part Revamp, Update 1.9.6. Released Source Files!

Ven

11 hours ago, EatVacuum said:

Well, not necessarily more realistic. More solar panels are dark blue than totally black, but both are used. Black panels do absorb more light as you say, but  they don't produce much more electricity.

From what I've read on a couple of sites (such as http://pveducation.org/pvcdrom/solar-cell-operation/quantum-efficiency )solar panels are best at absorbing the colours in the middle of the spectrum (the "OYG" portion of the "ROYGBIV" spectrum). So they get less and less useful energy as you get into shorter wave lengths, i.e as you get farther into the blue/indigo/violet colours. So in some cases they don't bother collecting that light and whatever light isn't absorbed gets reflected, hence the dark bluish color of many solar panels.

What ever energy of absorbed light that isn't converted into electricity would become heat energy, which is why solar panels contribute significantly to vessel heating in KSP, and a big part of why the I.S.S. has a lot of radiators. So while blue light has more energy, less gets converted into electricity and more into heat. So I assume you might actually be better off giving up a bit of electricity if it means generating less heat.

Interesting point!

Having a issue, I'm using Muddr's Stock revamp for lights in cockpits and the like. However it seems to be causing a issue with your set. I'm seeing a lot of "Toggle" buttons on parts that do nothing at all. And the lights aren't working on the Mk1 and mk 2 pods, nor the lander can or the hitch hiker or Science lab .. any recommendations? or another mod that gives crewed parts with windows lights? 

2 hours ago, HGGundamReviews said:

Having a issue, I'm using Muddr's Stock revamp for lights in cockpits and the like. However it seems to be causing a issue with your set. I'm seeing a lot of "Toggle" buttons on parts that do nothing at all. And the lights aren't working on the Mk1 and mk 2 pods, nor the lander can or the hitch hiker or Science lab .. any recommendations? or another mod that gives crewed parts with windows lights? 

@HGGundamReviews 

Nothing too special. It is pretty much Vens revamp with only the command pods and storage container. 

kpjjzvN.png

I recently made the switch from 1.0.5 to 1.1 since all my mods are updated now, but for some reason my parachutes are microscopic and are now useless at slowing me down. This happens with all of the parachutes. Of course, this is making the game unplayable.

Here's my modlist:

3rx1b5v.png

And here's my output log:

https://jpst.it/ICUi

Does anyone know what mod is causing this? And if there's a fix for it? :(

EDIT: I just tested all the parachutes and there are two parachutes that work: the small drogue chute and radial drogue chute. All the main parachutes and the big drogue chute don't work.

ANOTHER EDIT: I reinstalled all my mods one-by-one and it turns out Ven's Stock Revamp is what's causing the issue. Could this be merged with the thread for Ven's?

Edited by yorshee

Getting a bit of a strange bug with the tankbutts, where every now and then when loading up a craft, the tankbutt will just disappear, and will then be gone for good regardless of reloads.

Spoiler

A19qXtU.png

I mean floating engines are cool and all, but probably less than ideal. Anyone else seen this before?

I'm using VSP and FAR and bunch of other mods in my career game. Strangely, whenever I use Skipper as my main engine, my rocket seems to lost control while flying and crash every single time. I tried to find out what is wrong, and FAR's debug voxel display shows something strange. As You can see above, attaching skipper to rocket's end seems to break entire aerodynamic feature of the rocket. It only happens to skipper engine, though. Is this something to deal with VSP's end or FAR?  

Hello,

I'm having a bit of a problem with this mod

When I install it, it changes the physics of all of my craft.  Rockets that were once almost "fire and forget" are now flipping over during their launch stage; I have yet to actually have a rocket last long enough to do my first staging.  I have tried everything, and as near as I can tell, the physics are similar to the effects of FAR.

When I disable this mod, everything works as normal.

My mods are as follows:

DMagic Orbital Science
Environmental Visual Enhancements
Kerbal Attachment System
Kerbal Engineer Redux
Kerbal Inventory System
Kerbal Joint Reinforcement
MechJeb 2
Planetary Base Inc
RealChute
Scatterer
Space Y Lifters
Stock Visual Enhancements
Universal Storage

I love the part revamp, and I would like to use the mod, but I am not interested in the more difficult physics engine that it brings.
Is there a way to disable it?

Quick question (Sorry if it's been answered, I'm not very good at combing threads): Are the antennae compatible with RemoteTech? I've currently installed both, and none of the VSR antennae have RT capability. I've even looked at the core files and I haven't seen a ModuleManager patch nor anything in the parts' files themselves. Has RT capability simply not been implemented?

2 hours ago, WolfGeek101 said:

Quick question (Sorry if it's been answered, I'm not very good at combing threads): Are the antennae compatible with RemoteTech? I've currently installed both, and none of the VSR antennae have RT capability. I've even looked at the core files and I haven't seen a ModuleManager patch nor anything in the parts' files themselves. Has RT capability simply not been implemented?

I believe this is the case. The remote tech configs are pretty easy to set up though, would be an easy patch to write. Anybody up for the challenge? :P

6 hours ago, darvo110 said:

I believe this is the case. The remote tech configs are pretty easy to set up though, would be an easy patch to write. Anybody up for the challenge? :P

I'll write the MM patches, but I'd like to solicit what others think the stats should be.  I'd like them to be different from the other RT antennas, but still be balanced.  Please let me know what "holes" reside in the stock RT antenna suite, as I'm only getting back into the game now after > 1 year of not playing, and only just starting with RemoteTech again.

Edited by `Orum

On 19/05/2016 at 9:45 AM, yorshee said:

kpjjzvN.png

I recently made the switch from 1.0.5 to 1.1 since all my mods are updated now, but for some reason my parachutes are microscopic and are now useless at slowing me down. This happens with all of the parachutes. Of course, this is making the game unplayable.

Here's my modlist:

3rx1b5v.png

And here's my output log:

https://jpst.it/ICUi

Does anyone know what mod is causing this? And if there's a fix for it? :(

EDIT: I just tested all the parachutes and there are two parachutes that work: the small drogue chute and radial drogue chute. All the main parachutes and the big drogue chute don't work.

ANOTHER EDIT: I reinstalled all my mods one-by-one and it turns out Ven's Stock Revamp is what's causing the issue. Could this be merged with the thread for Ven's?

I can't speak to causes or fixes, but at a guess installing RealChute could be a workaround, since it both adds its own chutes and replaces the actual parachutes of the stock chute parts?  Of course, there may be good reasons not to do that.

Is there any way to get the 1x3 solar panels back? I want the new stuff from the Github, but he removed the 1x3 panels. I really like them, plus I've got a few ships with them, so I cant load my save.

Edit: Also, is there anyway to fix the IVA on the KerbCan? It's sideways.

Edited by IronCretin

Hello,

first, thx for the nice mod. However, I hava a small problem...
As soon as I add the KOAS Mod ...

The docking port bumpers do not work correct anymore. Each port seems to have a "second" bumper that will not retract. The original bumper goes in, however, the "ghost" bumper stays out and I can not dock.
Any hint how to diagnose this further?

Edit: Looks like deleting the MM_DockingTargets.cfg file (the dockingtarget config) from KOAS fixes the problem. However, it also deletes the dockintarget marker. I assume thats a clipping issue.

BR
Rob

Edited by Rob2222

Just now, Rob2222 said:

Hello,

first, thx for the nice mod. However, I hava a small problem...
As soon as I add the KOAS Mod ...

The docking port bumpers do not work correct anymore. Each port seems to have a "second" bumper that will not retract. The original bumper goes in, however, the "ghost" bumper stays out and I can not dock.
Any hint how to diagnose this further?

BR
Rob

Same here...

On 5/19/2016 at 3:45 AM, yorshee said:

kpjjzvN.png

Sorry, no fix for you. But come on - this is hilarious! When I look at your screenshot I see a really, really big capsule with a normal sized parachute :)  It looks like it's about to land right on KSC and crush everything.

Edited by MalevolentNinja

On 20/05/2016 at 2:47 PM, WolfGeek101 said:

*snip*

23 hours ago, darvo110 said:

*snip*

17 hours ago, `Orum said:

*snip*

I made a quick RT patch a while ago, feel free to use as a starting point or whatever.

On 06/05/2016 at 8:49 PM, Rodger said:

Well here's a quick MM patch for Remote Tech, the ranges/angles/power use was only adjusted by 'feel', no maths to balance them properly... But they'll at least work.
http://pastebin.com/9KX28c5e

On 5/20/2016 at 3:45 PM, Rob2222 said:

Delete MM_DockingTargets.cfg  from KOAS as quickfix.

Now, just download the latest version, I've addressed my mod breaking this mod.

Be aware tho, that some of the targets may have "magical levitating properties" and be floating out in front of the docking port because these models have different dimensions.

If someone wants to make a patch file with new position coordinates I'll be happy to include a patch file, or the author here can - whichever - just PM me.

On 5/21/2016 at 1:53 AM, Rodger said:

I made a quick RT patch a while ago, feel free to use as a starting point or whatever.

Thanks!  I've been poring over the numbers, and I think I'm going to make a few adjustments to what you came up with.  I hope to have it out within a day or two, and I'll post it in this thread as soon as it's done.

16 minutes ago, krebal said:

Is it normal that i can't attach anything to the docking port jr. ? I haven´t played ksp for quite a while sooo...

As in the top node isn't there? If so, go into Tweakable Everything and delete the TweakableDockingNode.cfg and .dll. This should fix the issue. You won't be losing any serious functionality with the docking ports, just various tweakables that in the scheme of things aren't going to affect most people (imo). 

Alright, after much tweaking and bit of testing, I've finally got a patch for RemoteTech for the new antennas, using Rodger's patch as a starting point and making a few changes where I felt they were appropriate for balance and aesthetic reasons.  You can get it on pastebin here.

Feedback is welcome and encouraged.

I am also still having MalevolentNinja's issue with the windows disappearing when mousing over a part. I've re-installed the latest version to no avail. Is this a known issue, or has anyone else figured out a fix? Not game-breaking, but definitely immersion-breaking.

12 hours ago, Tandoori said:

I am also still having MalevolentNinja's issue with the windows disappearing when mousing over a part. I've re-installed the latest version to no avail. Is this a known issue, or has anyone else figured out a fix? Not game-breaking, but definitely immersion-breaking.

There's no fix AFAIK - it will happen whenever the Mk1-2 pod is highlighted. I did work around the issue by running Claw's Stock Bug Fixes and turning on the "In-Flight Highlight Disabler". Now it only happens in the VAB/SPH for me. I can live with that :)

Edited by MalevolentNinja

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.