[1.2.2] Stock Part Revamp, Update 1.9.6. Released Source Files!

Ven

OK, Ven, I'm back and exploring 0.9 in 1.1. While I'm ambivalent of the handful of changes I noticed, I've noticed something big and flat.

DISHES!

I'm a RemoteTech user, so I've set upon making a sort of compatibility patch. I took upon myself to resolve a naming conflict (see below), write slightly more informative descriptions and invented some angles and power use levels out of thin air. Note that the distances are meant for the Outer Planets Mod.

// Launch Clamps (Stock)

@PART[launchClamp1]:AFTER[RemoteTech]
{
	%MODULE[ModuleRTAntennaPassive] {
		%OmniRange = 5000
	}
}

//// RemoteTech Omnis

// Reflectron DP-10
@PART[RTShortAntenna1]:AFTER[RemoteTech] {
	@description = An aerodynamic-resistant launch antenna. Switched on by defaut. Will work on line of sight to KSC if below 150 km altitude.
	%TechRequired = flightControl
	%MODULE[ModuleRTAntenna] {
		%IsRTActive = true
		%Mode0OmniRange = 0
		%Mode1OmniRange = 500000
		%EnergyCost = 0.01

%TRANSMITTER {
			%PacketInterval = 0.3
			%PacketSize = 2
			%PacketResourceCost = 15.0
		}
	}

%MODULE[ModuleSPUPassive] {}
}

// Communotron 16
@PART[longAntenna]:AFTER[RemoteTech] {
	@description = The good old short-range whip antenna. Will work on line of sight to KSC if below 1960 km altitude; however, it will get ripped off should it be exposed to a strong airstream during launch or descent.
	!MODULE[ModuleDataTransmitter] {}
		@MODULE[ModuleAnimateGeneric]
	{
		%allowManualControl = false
	}

%Mode0OmniRange = 0
		%Mode1OmniRange = 2500000
		%MaxQ = 6000
		%EnergyCost = 0.13

%DeployFxModules = 0

%TRANSMITTER {
			%PacketInterval = 0.3
			%PacketSize = 2
		}
	}

}

// CommTech EXP-VR-2T
@PART[RTLongAntenna3]:AFTER[RemoteTech] {
	@description = A somewhat more robust omnidirectional antenna with enough power to relibly work on Kerbosynchronus orbits.
	{
	}

%Mode0OmniRange = 0
		%Mode1OmniRange = 4300000
		%MaxQ = 9000
		%EnergyCost = 0.18

%DeployFxModules = 0

%TRANSMITTER {
			%PacketInterval = 0.3
			%PacketSize = 2
		}
	}

}

// Communotron 32 (from RemoteTech)
@PART[RTLongAntenna2]:AFTER[RemoteTech] {
	@description = After installing a greatly oversized whip antenna, and routing a lot more power into the electronics, we've been able to produce an omnidirectional radio system that can reach the surface of the Mun. Although Jeb insisted we should push it further, Dr. von Kerman lambasted him as being too lazy to arrange a proper directional dish connection, pointing out that this boosted antenna already burns through a lot more power than a dish system of comparable size and much greater range.
	{
	}

%Mode0OmniRange = 0
		%Mode1OmniRange = 12000000
		%MaxQ = 6000
		%EnergyCost = 0.6

%DeployFxModules = 0

%TRANSMITTER {
			%PacketInterval = 0.3
			%PacketSize = 2
			%PacketResourceCost = 17.0
		}
	}

}

//// Short-range Folding Dishes

// Comms DTS-M1
@PART[mediumDishAntenna]:AFTER[RemoteTech] {
	@description = By using a reflector disk, this folding antenna gains increased range without relying on raw signal power. While it now has enough range to communicate across Jool's and Sarnus's vast moon system, it is restricted to a 45° directed towards the set target.
	{
	}

%Mode0DishRange = 0
		%Mode1DishRange = 220000000
		%EnergyCost = 0.4
		%MaxQ = 6000
		%DishAngle = 45.0

%DeployFxModules = 0
		%ProgressFxModules = 1

%TRANSMITTER {
			%PacketInterval = 0.3
			%PacketSize = 2
		}
	}

}

// Comms DTS-M2-XR (renamed from Ven's Communotron 32)
@PART[LongDeployableAntenna]:AFTER[VenStockOverhaul] {
	@title = Comms DTS-M2-XR
	@description = The new antenna model from Symphonic Protonic pushes the radial fold-out design to the physical limit, thus achieving interplanetary range at the cost of ballooning power requirements and a dramatically reduced view-cone for the transmitter.
	{
	}

%Mode0DishRange = 0
		%Mode1DishRange = 35390000000
		%EnergyCost = 0.8
		%MaxQ = 4500
		%DishAngle = 0.1

%DeployFxModules = 0
		%ProgressFxModules = 1

%TRANSMITTER {
			%PacketInterval = 0.3
			%PacketSize = 2
			%PacketResourceCost = 20.0
		}
	}

}

// Communotron HG-55
@PART[HighGainAntenna]:AFTER[RemoteTech]
{
    {
    }
    @description = Well, we at ISPE were wrong. After integrating modern high-fidelity electroics and reversing the polarity of the proton flow, we've been able to develop a wholly new radial fold-out antenna design. Not only have we extended the warranty coverage all the way to Dres, but we've set all-time records for bandwidth and widened the cone as well.
        %Mode0DishRange = 0
        %Mode1DishRange = 62000000000
        %EnergyCost = 1.2
        %MaxQ = 6000
        %DishAngle = 0.16

%DeployFxModules = 0

%TRANSMITTER {
            %PacketInterval = 0.1
            %PacketSize = 3
        }
    }

}

//// Stack dishes
// Comms DTS-M5
@PART[SmallFixedAntenna]:AFTER[VenStockOverhaul] {
	@description = An invention of one Ven Kerman, the DTS-M5 combines an enhanced datalink unit with a large focusing reflector dish covered in Shiny Stuff™ to maintain a reliable connection all the way out to Dres without excess use of electric power. Canvas cover accidentally included; do not remove.
		%Mode0DishRange = 0
		%Mode1DishRange = 62000000000
		%EnergyCost = 0.6
		%DishAngle = 0.08

%TRANSMITTER {
			%PacketInterval = 0.2
			%PacketSize = 6
			%PacketResourceCost = 25.0
		}
	}

}

// Communotron 88-88
@PART[commDish]:AFTER[RemoteTech] {
	@description = The 88-88 is the second edition of the classic Symphonic long-range collapsible radio communications dish. Just like old one, it can reach all the way to Jool and Sarnus, but this one suffers no loss in signal quality. Our QA department assures that any "screams of the damned" heard on the channel it are purely signal interference.
	{
	}	

%Mode0DishRange = 0
		%Mode1DishRange = 146220000000
		%EnergyCost = 1
		%MaxQ = 6000
		%DishAngle = 0.05

%DeployFxModules = 0

%TRANSMITTER {
			%PacketInterval = 0.3
			%PacketSize = 6
			%PacketResourceCost = 30.0
		}
	}

}

// Comms DTS-M7
@PART[mediumFixedAntenna]:AFTER[VenStockOverhaul] {
	@description = The M7 model builds upon the success of the M5, but scaling up the components to reach all the way to Urlum and Neidon. The specialized interference-resisted encoding system sends data in large chunks.
		%Mode0DishRange = 0
		%Mode1DishRange = 428180000000
		%EnergyCost = 1.5
		%DishAngle = 0.01

%TRANSMITTER {
			%PacketInterval = 1
			%PacketSize = 10
			%PacketResourceCost = 60.0
		}
	}

}

// Communotron 88-X
@PART[largeFixedAntenna]:AFTER[VenStockOverhaul] {
	@description = Maintaining a reliable connection with probes sent to Plock and other trans-Neidon objects was a difficult task, requiring the use of a massive 3 m reflector dish and ISPE’s best radio equipment – as well as quite a bit of electricity.
		%Mode0DishRange = 0
		%Mode1DishRange = 700360000000
		%EnergyCost = 3
		%DishAngle = 0.005

%TRANSMITTER {
			%PacketInterval = 1
			%PacketSize = 10
			%PacketResourceCost = 75.0
		}
	}

}

On 5/25/2016 at 0:42 PM, DDE said:

OK, Ven, I'm back and exploring 0.9 in 1.1. While I'm ambivalent of the handful of changes I noticed, I've noticed something big and flat.

DISHES!

I'm a RemoteTech user, so I've set upon making a sort of compatibility patch. I took upon myself to resolve a naming conflict (see below), write slightly more informative descriptions and invented some angles and power use levels out of thin air. Note that the distances are meant for the Outer Planets Mod.

I posted a patch as well about 4 posts ago, but your looks good too, though I'm not sure why you're adjusting the RT antennas as well.

However, I think you're better off setting the ranges for stock, and then creating a separate patch if people are also using the OPM.  This way they aren't over powered if people are only playing stock and not using the OPM.

Not sure if it is this mod causing the issue but I appear to be missing my Butt

4QrlINd.jpg

So they're their in VAB, at launch but disappear when I go back to KSC, but if they're not staged then they still appear when returning.

sorry @Ven if this isn't from your mod

I have a theory for the missing tank butts, but I'd need to test it (which I can't right now). Tank butts are just shrouds, right? Well, once you've staged and the protective shroud flies off, you merely have the second (tank butt) shroud. When you reload a vessel, however, the game thinks that the shroud should be gone. Seeing the tank butt shroud, it destroys that.

Keep in mind, that this is merely a theory, and I'd need to do some testing, but it sounds reasonable.

43 minutes ago, CommanderSmith said:

Keep in mind, that this is merely a theory, and I'd need to do some testing, but it sounds reasonable.

Sounds like a good theory to me, not a major issue, just found this one funny

4 hours ago, Kertech said:

So they're their in VAB, at launch but disappear when I go back to KSC, but if they're not staged then they still appear when returning.

afaik this is an ages old stock bug - but I only ever recognized this in VAB with procedural parts ...

I'm encountering some solar panel issues with the latest build (1.9.3).  Since updating to this version the 1x3 solar panels don't snap their alignment correctly when placing them, they're 90 degrees off to one side.  More importantly they also start off extended and no longer have a right click menu in the VAB so can't be retracted.  I've tested this on a clean install to verify it isn't a conflict with any other mod, and reverted to 1.9.2 to verify that they function correctly in the previous version, which they do.  I tried one of the larger panels and they do have a right click menu and extend/retract correctly, so I think something has broken with only some of them in the latest build.  Cheers!

3 hours ago, Codename 47 said:

I'm encountering some solar panel issues with the latest build (1.9.3).  Since updating to this version the 1x3 solar panels don't snap their alignment correctly when placing them, they're 90 degrees off to one side.  More importantly they also start off extended and no longer have a right click menu in the VAB so can't be retracted.  I've tested this on a clean install to verify it isn't a conflict with any other mod, and reverted to 1.9.2 to verify that they function correctly in the previous version, which they do.  I tried one of the larger panels and they do have a right click menu and extend/retract correctly, so I think something has broken with only some of them in the latest build.  Cheers!

I can confirm this problem. Also, they don't properly mirror. Only OX-2L and OX-6L appear to be affected.

I do love the new look of the engines tho :)

I am also encountering strange things in 1.9.3. Most notably the MPL lights toggle doesn't work in VAB.

Ships with the MPL attached start having weird zooming problems where the camera seems to lose track of the entire ship.

Rolling back to 1.9.2 fixes this.

4 hours ago, Codename 47 said:

This just forced a launch abort. I have a communications network to build, and can't go to space like this. :( Reverting.

Yeah, and to add to all of this, you've screwed up my "fix" to your solar panel appearance with your redesign. Pulling out your inflatable hab designs, reverting the rest.

EDIT: The KerbKan's EVA fails in Overlay mode (possibly the old version, I only saw now); the IKU-1 cannot be mounted on the ground for some reason, the IKU-2 does not display crew portraits at all, and the IKU-3's IVA is apparently a total placeholder.

Edited by DDE

I'm also having an odd bug, (in RO/RP-0) with the jr docking port - they simply bounce off each other, and do not capture - This appears to be due to one big bumper which I cannot retract around the edge, and the smaller one in the middle makes no difference regardless of whether I extend it.

Increasing the capture range in the RO files has also made no difference, and docking magnetism appears to have disappeared. This was all previously there in 1.0.4.

Is there something really obvious I'm missing? Should I just remove the file in Ven's for the docking port?

Many thanks!

I'm also having the mobile processing lab dissapearing in orbit and on launch.

I'm moving back to prevoius ersions.

Running KSP in a x64 Debian Linux 8.3.

If any of you need any log file please ask for it. I really don't know what is relevant and what is not.

Be good

Updating to 1.9.3 completly broke my solar panels, I cannot deploy them. It ALWAYS says that they are blocked by aerial shielding, they are stowed, no matter there's fairings or not. They even bug out on an empty fuel tank! Reverting to 1.9.2 until further notice.

On 28/05/2016 at 10:28 AM, Codename 47 said:

On 28/05/2016 at 1:35 PM, Lilienthal said:

I just upgraded to 1.9.3 and I got strange additional aero forces killing my rocket. Going back to 1.9.2 everything was fine again.

14 hours ago, SHiRKiT said:

Reverting to 1.9.2 until further notice.

On 27/05/2016 at 4:02 PM, Sulaiman said:

This Mod Should Be Stock :wink:

Ditto. What happened? This is a really nice mod, how'd it get so borked?

Edited by p1t1o

On 5/20/2016 at 4:31 PM, Rob2222 said:
2 hours ago, p1t1o said:

It just takes one little mistake...

3 hours ago, p1t1o said:

The mod is cool, just the newest version seems to broke something with Solar Panels interacting with FAR and a bunch of other mods. I have about 30-40 installed, so when something breaks, I just revert. It's a great, great, great mod, I love it, but I can't ruin my playthrough =\

The Solar Panels on my end seems to be always blocked by fairings, even when there's no fairings on the vessel. Probably a bug interacting with FAR, procedural fairings or some other one of the 40 mods I have. The mod dev is not to be blamed, this is just to let him know.

2 hours ago, SHiRKiT said:

The mod dev is not to be blamed, this is just to let him know.

Of course. If the mod wasn't of such quality I wouldn't have said anything, just reverted and removed from my CKAN :wink:

@Rob2222@Probus Its gotta be frustrating :(

Can someone confirm is this is due to a CKAN install or not?  I know two peeps where one was impacted by a panel bug [couldn't align them] whom used CKAN and someone else that did a manual update [deleted the whole folder ] and has no issues.

Edited by gamerscircle

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.