[1.2.2] Stock Part Revamp, Update 1.9.6. Released Source Files!

Ven

23 minutes ago, fallout2077 said:

Try out the master branch download... I haven't tested it myself, yet, and I'm pretty curious how it fares (the most recent commit fixed engine issues, which were a big part of the reason why releases after 1.9.2 weren't working too well (as I understand from what I've read)). As far as I know, 1.9.2 might be the safest bet at the moment... heck, that's the version that NathanKell has CKAN install when installing Realism Overhaul. 

By all means, we would all appreciate feedback if you do try out the master branch, so if you do end up installing that version, drop us all a line and let us know how it's working for you!

All right, I decided to download the master branch and played a bit, so far everything seems to be working fine. I'll let you know if I have any issues

9 minutes ago, cheesykerb said:

All right, I decided to download the master branch and played a bit, so far everything seems to be working fine. I'll let you know if I have any issues

Awesome... thank you much!

Off the top of my head, the two main problems with 1.9.4 were engine butts being hidden and engines not working with FAR. So, keep an eye out for those bugs.

BTW, if you read the prior page, there is one user that states the issues within each of the last couple releases (although, I think he may have been incorrect that 1.9.4 fixed 1.9.3's bugs). That's a good jumping off point. Also, take a look at the issues tab in the GitHub page for the mod.

I plan on making a fresh install that will include the master branch of the mod, so I'll be able to conduct some testing, as well.

Edited by fallout2077
More info

Hi there,

anyone got an idea, how I can solve this texture glitch?

35T3pBN.png

Seems like the "old" Mk1-2 and the VSR are fighting each other. Tried searching the forums extensively, reinstalled VSR, but can't solve it right now? Any known incompatibilites with other mods?

Thanks for the help, this is driving me nuts!

// EDIT: Found it myself... I think dementia is setting in. I had this issue before, but didn't remember... It is a slight config mismatch between SDHI and Ven's Stock revamp. You got to reference the new MU by Ven, otherwise you get this glitch....

Edited by StarStreak2109

On 15.7.2016 at 5:31 PM, gerishnakov said:

Is Ven aware that the Oscar-A fuel tank currently has the same capacity as the Oscar-B?

I just realised this is because of the SETI rebalance.

Hm, I have to check that again.

Reading the last page or so of this thread, it sounds like starting a brand new 1.13 career play through with this mod might not be the best idea?

I'm trying to get to a sort of "semi-final" mod-list (after not playing the game for 3 years).

My current mod list

0v8CV.gif

Has anyone been able to get the antenna/dishes  from this mod to work with RemoteTech? I tried the cfg files that were posted on this thread and from the RemoteTech github, but for some reason, it doesn't seem like the modules are being added to these parts. I might just try and hard code them to the part cfg itself but I was just wondering if other people had better results before I venture into that.

14 minutes ago, Darkstar One said:

Is it just me or do the docking ports not work correct? The dock - but the don't undock for me.

I doubt this has anything to do with this mod.  Could it be that you have some mods (particularly ones that control time warp) that are for 1.1.2, but you are on 1.1.3 (I debugged a similar issue for someone else where this was the case)?  I'd recommend making sure all your mods are up to date, and if that doesn't fix the problem, I can take a look at your log to try and identify the issue - instructions on how to find and upload it are in the "How to get support" link in my signature.

Investigated a bit more and after I
- removed "Docking camera (KURS style)"
- removed lines 47-61 from Utillity-PathPatches.cfg containing following code

@MODEL,* {
		@model ^= :^Squad/Parts/Utility/dockingPort/model:VenStockRevamp/Squad/Parts/DockingPorts/DockingPort:
	}
	@MODEL,* {
		@model ^= :^Squad/Parts/Utility/dockingPortJr/model:VenStockRevamp/Squad/Parts/DockingPorts/JrDockingPort:
	}
	@MODEL,* {
		@model ^= :^Squad/Parts/Utility/dockingPortShielded/model:VenStockRevamp/Squad/Parts/DockingPorts/CoveredDockingPort:
	}
	@MODEL,* {
		@model ^= :^Squad/Parts/Utility/dockingPortSr/model:VenStockRevamp/Squad/Parts/DockingPorts/SRDockingPort:
	}
	@MODEL,* {
		@model ^= :^Squad/Parts/Utility/dockingPortInline/model:VenStockRevamp/Squad/Parts/DockingPorts/InlineDockingPort:
	}

and tried again with the same vessel as before.

Undocked nicely and no visual or functional difference to the situation before. 

Problem solved for me.

I am having this undocking bug as well, and its really getting on my nerves. I am running vens revamp from the master branch, as well as a few other mods. This is KSP 1.1.3 64bit on Windows

I am performing an apollo style mission,  and my lander is using the regular size docking port (1.25m) and the main ship is using the regular size port as well, but the one with the integrated parachute. I tried docking and undocking over the Mun, and nothing happened. However I was able to undock in kerbin orbit, which i thought was weird. I saw what blowfish said above that this is caused by time warp mods, and I believe the only mod I have that does that is kerbal alarm clock (which is using the 1.1.3 version)

Here is a spreadsheet with all the mods I am using as well as the versions.

Output Log

I had tried the fix someone else had posted just above me, and It didn't help.

I'd appreciate any help in fixing this and let me know if you need any more information.

Thank you

8 hours ago, Darkstar One said:

Investigated a bit more and after I
- removed "Docking camera (KURS style)"
- removed lines 47-61 from Utillity-PathPatches.cfg containing following code

@MODEL,* {
		@model ^= :^Squad/Parts/Utility/dockingPort/model:VenStockRevamp/Squad/Parts/DockingPorts/DockingPort:
	}
	@MODEL,* {
		@model ^= :^Squad/Parts/Utility/dockingPortJr/model:VenStockRevamp/Squad/Parts/DockingPorts/JrDockingPort:
	}
	@MODEL,* {
		@model ^= :^Squad/Parts/Utility/dockingPortShielded/model:VenStockRevamp/Squad/Parts/DockingPorts/CoveredDockingPort:
	}
	@MODEL,* {
		@model ^= :^Squad/Parts/Utility/dockingPortSr/model:VenStockRevamp/Squad/Parts/DockingPorts/SRDockingPort:
	}
	@MODEL,* {
		@model ^= :^Squad/Parts/Utility/dockingPortInline/model:VenStockRevamp/Squad/Parts/DockingPorts/InlineDockingPort:
	}

and tried again with the same vessel as before.

Undocked nicely and no visual or functional difference to the situation before. 

Problem solved for me.

Having this issue, and I have one question for you. When you said you tried the same vessel again, did you relaunch it, or did you continue where you left off from the tracking station? I tried reloading the same vessel that I had in Mun orbit and it didn't help. I just wish fully reproducing this error wouldn't take so much time

Edited by cheesykerb

@cheesykerb I see two exceptions being spammed in your log.  BetterBurnTime seems to be getting a lot, but it's handling it so probably not the source of your issues.  Another one I don't know the cause of, but is very likely the cause of your problems:

Spoiler

at System.Collections.Generic.List`1[UnityEngine.Renderer].get_Item (Int32 index) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at Part.highlight (Color highlightColor) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at Part.highlight (Boolean active) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at Part.SetHighlight (Boolean active, Boolean recursive) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at Part.OnMouseIsOver () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at Part.UpdateMouseOver () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at Part.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

Really not sure what mod is causing it, but it's definitely causing problems.  All I can say is try eliminating mods until you don't see it anymore.

Strange bug I discovered where when placing certain parts that move around or extend (such as struts, extendable solar panels, and the folding antenna) there will be two models projected onscreen.

For example, if I try and place a Gigantor solar array, when placing it it appears to already be extended. However, I can still right-click and extend it manually, where a second set of panels comes out and adjusts itself.

It's only visual, but it's incredibly annoying and looks really stupid. Any ideas on how to fix?

On ‎15‎/‎07‎/‎2016 at 2:40 AM, cheesykerb said:

Where's the Master Branch? I don't know what that is but if it helps my crashes then I would really like to have it. :D

9 minutes ago, SmashingKirby148 said:

Where's the Master Branch? I don't know what that is but if it helps my crashes then I would really like to have it. :D

It easy. Just go to the GitHub page here. Then click the green button that says "clone or download". Then click download zip. That's it.

1 minute ago, cheesykerb said:

It easy. Just go to the GitHub page here. Then click the green button that says "clone or download". Then click download zip. That's it.

Oh right, but where did you find that? When I used the main threads GitHub link, it shows me all the versions with there own download instead of all the Master Branch and stuff.

3 minutes ago, SmashingKirby148 said:

Oh right, but where did you find that? When I used the main threads GitHub link, it shows me all the versions with there own download instead of all the Master Branch and stuff.

Oh, ok I see. Just click the "code" tab again and you should be at that page.

15 hours ago, cheesykerb said:

Having this issue, and I have one question for you. When you said you tried the same vessel again, did you relaunch it, or did you continue where you left off from the tracking station? I tried reloading the same vessel that I had in Mun orbit and it didn't help. I just wish fully reproducing this error wouldn't take so much time

If I switched to a docked version of a existing vessel the problem was still there. Same craft file loaded and launched as new vessel worked fine. In Kerbin orbit, will try later in Mun orbit 'cause it's also a Apollo style mission ship.

1 hour ago, Darkstar One said:

If I switched to a docked version of a existing vessel the problem was still there. Same craft file loaded and launched as new vessel worked fine. In Kerbin orbit, will try later in Mun orbit 'cause it's also a Apollo style mission ship.

Ok, I see. The fix still didnt work, but I found another solution if anyone else has this undocking bug issue. I installed the Stock Bug Fix Modules (specifically the DockingPortFix module). This added a force undock option as well as allowing me to undock normally after re-launching the mission.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.