[1.2.2] Stock Part Revamp, Update 1.9.6. Released Source Files!

Ven

Are the Vens command pods supposed to slow down really, REALLY quickly? I re-entered with the VA command pod and at .75 atm, the command pod is slowly falling at 28 m/s without parachutes.

Edited by TrainEngie

21 hours ago, Silent1_87 said:

what should i do?

vDwow1h.png

anyone?! i cannot load my space station. when i do it and all its crew enters in other dimension and die.

im using 1.9.4 and ksp 1.1.3 and a lot of mods but debug menu point toward venstock

Edited by Silent1_87
more info

1 hour ago, Silent1_87 said:

anyone?! i cannot load my space station. when i do it and all its crew enters in other dimension and die.

im using 1.9.4 and ksp 1.1.3 and a lot of mods but debug menu point toward venstock

never mind it was persistent rotation fault. 

Thanks to Ven updating the models for the engines, I have released v1.9.5. It has proper KSP 1.1.3 metadata and the latest Module Manager along with the model changes.

Please mention any issues you encounter, and also please fix them if possible by submitting pull requests. I cannot devote time to this and do not have sources, but I can merge PRs and make releases.

all of the solar panels on my ships got rotated by 90 degrees from my 1.9.2 install. Below is a picture of my base and attached ships after I update to 1.9.5.

Is there anything I can do beside "not update"?

tRQXIdQ.png

Edited by tjt

5 hours ago, tjt said:

all of the solar panels on my ships got rotated by 90 degrees from my 1.9.2 install. Below is a picture of my base and attached ships after I update to 1.9.5.

Is there anything I can do beside "not update"?

tRQXIdQ.png

Try editing the save to change the panels' state from EXTENDED to RETRACTED, then re-extending in-game.

9 hours ago, Maxsimal said:

RD-253 seems to have been deleted out of this pack with this update.

6 hours ago, Rahst said:

Uggh, yeah RD-253 missing here too..RSS/RO/RPO.

What version of RO and VSR have you installed? RO 11.3.0 requires VSR 1.9.5 since some engine models have been changed.

Edited by Phineas Freak

2 hours ago, Phineas Freak said:

What version of RO and VSR have you installed? RO 11.3.0 requires VSR 1.9.5 since some engine models have been changed.

Thx Phineas, looks like I was on RO 11.2.0.  VSR 1.9.5.   Will update to RO 11.3.0 tonight.

23 hours ago, NathanKell said:

Thanks to Ven updating the models for the engines, I have released v1.9.5. It has proper KSP 1.1.3 metadata and the latest Module Manager along with the model changes.

Please mention any issues you encounter, and also please fix them if possible by submitting pull requests. I cannot devote time to this and do not have sources, but I can merge PRs and make releases.

I think we all owe Nk and Ven a big thanks. Also, if anyone has a remotetech cfg for vsr, i'd be grateful. 4 antenna are missing remotetech compatability. Comms DTS m5, Comms DTS m7, Communotron 32, Communotron 88 x.

3 hours ago, SmashBrown said:

I think we all owe Nk and Ven a big thanks. Also, if anyone has a remotetech cfg for vsr, i'd be grateful. 4 antenna are missing remotetech compatability. Comms DTS m5, Comms DTS m7, Communotron 32, Communotron 88 x.

I created a config patch that will allow the dishes to work with RemoteTech, can find it a few pages back. It will also be included with the next version of RemoteTech.

48 minutes ago, Sandriell said:

I created a config patch that will allow the dishes to work with RemoteTech, can find it a few pages back. It will also be included with the next version of RemoteTech.

Link for the lazy :P 

14 hours ago, Phineas Freak said:

Ah that was it!  In my defense, the VSR update was on ckan before the RO one.   Thank you Phineas!

Anyone seen this behaviour?  Only the docking ports appear black and without texture (two examples shown at high noon)

The lights on the ports work fine, and the ports appear to function properly - they're just missing texture in the flight screen.

And this seems to apply ONLY the the docking ports

OSX here - install via CKAN with RO, etc. I suppose I should try it on a base ksp install.  Maybe later after work.

s312P5a.png

Edited by Wallygator

10 hours ago, Sandriell said:

Thankyouuuuuuu!

I'm trying to get rid of the Cupola model change because I don't like the little window covers, but it's not working. For other parts I've been able to comment out the code in the appropriate .cfg file. For example. I commented out the new antenna's and those models reverted to Stock, so I know that works.

The Cupola is different for some reason. If I comment out the parts pertaining to the Cupola in the Command.cfg file I still get Ven's model with the windows covered, but now my right-click menu doesn't offer the option to open the covers up. So, something's changing, but the model change is still there.

Any ideas?

5 hours ago, tjt said:

I'm trying to get rid of the Cupola model change because I don't like the little window covers, but it's not working. For other parts I've been able to comment out the code in the appropriate .cfg file. For example. I commented out the new antenna's and those models reverted to Stock, so I know that works.

The Cupola is different for some reason. If I comment out the parts pertaining to the Cupola in the Command.cfg file I still get Ven's model with the windows covered, but now my right-click menu doesn't offer the option to open the covers up. So, something's changing, but the model change is still there.

Any ideas?

This is what you're looking for

On ‎26‎/‎07‎/‎2016 at 1:01 PM, Wallygator said:

Anyone seen this behaviour?  Only the docking ports appear black and without texture (two examples shown at high noon)

The lights on the ports work fine, and the ports appear to function properly - they're just missing texture in the flight screen.

And this seems to apply ONLY the the docking ports

OSX here - install via CKAN with RO, etc. I suppose I should try it on a base ksp install.  Maybe later after work.

s312P5a.png

Actually, if you look really hard, it does have the texture, it's just really hard to see. So I have no idea what's causing that since it isn't a missing texture issue. :P

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.