[1.2.2] Stock Part Revamp, Update 1.9.6. Released Source Files!

Ven

@NathanKell

Hello,
I've a question regarding the utility.cfg file...

@PART[SurveyScanner] {
	!mesh = DELETE
	!MODEL {}
	%MODEL {
		%model = VenStockRevamp/Squad/Parts/ScienceParts/surveyScanner
	}
	@MODULE[ModuleAnimationGroup] {
		@deployAnimationName = SurveyScanner
	}
	%rescaleFactor = 1
}

Can it be that the two % before MODEL and model are wrong? It deletes the model but doesn't define a new one? This is no problem, until you install Indicator Lights mod, which wants to add a light to the antenna but instead it shrinks the antenna.
When I remove the two % all is fine. The antenna has the correct form factor and the light is on the antenna.

BR
Rob

6 minutes ago, Rob2222 said:

@NathanKell

Hello,
I've a question regarding the utility.cfg file...

@PART[SurveyScanner] {
	!mesh = DELETE
	!MODEL {}
	%MODEL {
		%model = VenStockRevamp/Squad/Parts/ScienceParts/surveyScanner
	}
	@MODULE[ModuleAnimationGroup] {
		@deployAnimationName = SurveyScanner
	}
	%rescaleFactor = 1
}

Can it be that the two % before MODEL and model are wrong? It deletes the model but doesn't define a new one? This is no problem, until you install Indicator Lights mod, which wants to add a light to the antenna but instead it shrinks the antenna.
When I remove the two % all is fine. The antenna has the correct form factor and the light is on the antenna.

BR
Rob

I think you're right.  !MODEL{} will delete the first MODEL node, then %MODEL will create a new one if none exists, or modify an existing one if it does.  Presumably the Indicator Lights mod also runs in the legacy pass (no BEFORE, FOR, or AFTER clause in the patch), so it puts another MODEL in with a different scale which this patch is then modifying, even though it shouldn't.  The solution is probably as you say ... I can't imagine a situation where you'd actually want to be modifying an existing MODEL node here.

Another bug: the 2x6 panels fold out to reveal... 2x3 instead. The files call it 1x3W, for a wide version of the extra small 1x3 also added, which is what it appears to be, but the stats and in-game name given by the config file suggest it's supposed to be 2x6.

Edited by Guest

On 8/22/2016 at 1:58 AM, FuzzY60 said:

I changed my XXL chute docking port for a regular one without the chute.

The "normal" one behaves normally unlike the XXL one. All the struggle with the drag is gone.

Does someone have any idea why the XXL chute docking port has so much drag ?

Thank you guys ! :)

Maybe it's the drag cubes?  I never noticed the extra drag, but commenting out the drag cubes in '\VenStockRevamp\Part Bin\Para_Docking_Port.cfg' fixed the reentry heating and early chute cut problems I was having using RealChutes and FAR.

Spoiler

PART
{
name = ParaDockingPort
module = Part
author = Ven

MODEL {
        model = VenStockRevamp/Squad/Parts/DockingPorts/ParaDockingPort
    }
rescaleFactor = 1

node_stack_top = 0.0, 0.2828832, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 1
node_stack_bottom = 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0, 1

TechRequired = composites
entryCost = 6400
cost = 960
category = Utility
subcategory = 0
title = Clamp-O-Tron MK 16-XXL Docking Port

description = This is a modified Clamp-O-Tron Docking Port that combines all your favorite features and adds a parachute to boot, terrific.

attachRules = 1,0,1,1,0

mass = 0.35
dragModelType = default
maximum_drag = 0.25
minimum_drag = 0.25
angularDrag = 0.5
crashTolerance = 10
maxTemp = 2000
bulkheadProfiles = size1, srf
bodyLiftMultiplier = 0
stageOffset = -1
breakingForce = 100
breakingTorque = 50

//DRAG_CUBE
//    {
//        cube = PACKED, 0.8042038,0.6754872,0.7247504, 0.8042038,0.67528,0.7247504, 1.223172,0.5833864,0.9058079, 1.223172,0.9398862,0.1693099, 0.8042038,0.6766815,0.7247503, 0.8042038,0.6745363,0.7247503, 0,0.3494083,1.788139E-07, 1.255207,0.8793504,1.255207
//        cube = SEMIDEPLOYED, 330.2047,0.2380315,11.30536, 331.4063,0.2387716,11.30536, 330.9257,0.2386438,11.30535, 332.1273,0.2403484,11.30535, 190.9581,0.1275037,125.2049, 190.9581,0.124725,125.6978, -4.291534E-06,0.2091269,62.12132, 15.55336,15.55336,125.4978
//        cube = DEPLOYED, 890.1161,0.8679346,33.62901, 893.7205,0.8821089,33.62901, 890.837,0.8910482,33.629, 894.4414,0.9101045,33.629, 1712.743,0.8907274,124.712, 1712.743,0.877056,125.6978, -1.335144E-05,0.2091236,62.12132, 46.6601,46.66008,125.4978
//    }

MODULE {
        name = ModuleLight
        lightName = Spotlight
        useAnimationDim = true
        lightBrightenSpeed = .3
        lightDimSpeed = .4
        resourceAmount = 0.04
        animationName = Paraport_light
        useResources = true
    }

MODULE
    {
        name = ModuleDockingNode
        referenceAttachNode = top
        nodeType = size1
    }
MODULE
    {
       name = ModuleAnimateGeneric
       animationName = Paraport_bumper
       isOneShot = false
       startEventGUIName = Deploy bumper
       endEventGUIName = Retract bumper
    }

MODULE
    {
        name = ModuleParachute
        semiDeployedAnimation = semiDeployLarge
        fullyDeployedAnimation = fullyDeployLarge
        invertCanopy = true
        autoCutSpeed = 0.5
        capName = Cap
        canopyName = canopy
        stowedDrag = 0.22
        semiDeployedDrag = 1
        fullyDeployedDrag = 500
        minAirPressureToOpen = 0.04
        clampMinAirPressure = 0.04
        deployAltitude = 1000
        deploymentSpeed = 0.12
        semiDeploymentSpeed = 0.5
        chuteMaxTemp = 650
    }
    MODULE
    {
        name = ModuleDragModifier
        dragCubeName = SEMIDEPLOYED
        dragModifier = 1
    }
    MODULE
    {
        name = ModuleDragModifier
        dragCubeName = DEPLOYED
        dragModifier = 3
    }
}

I also noticed the bumper doesn't stay deployed on the Clamp-O-Tron MK-16XXL Docking Port.

I've got two questions:

1-What files do you have to delete to remove the added parts? I want to stick to stock parts.

2-Does using this mod effect FPS/GPU demand or is performance the same as using stock textures?

Thanks, Benji13  

Are there any alternate textures for the mainsail lying around anywhere? I just find the radial mound engine a bit... Weird. 

Also, does the trust vectoring still work on stock engine that have had their textures changed? Because I couldn't see the bell moving on the skipper and a rocket that usually relies on vectoring to keep it straight kept flipping. 

Thanks. 

Edited by Benji13

On 12/30/2015 at 11:04 AM, Sovek said:

Having issues with the LV-909, no sound and no plume, but engine works. This is annoying as its the best engine I can use ATM for my manned orbital missions.

I realize this is quite old, but I am having a similar issue, but with the LV-900. It has no sound. It appears to be the only engine, Ven's or otherwise, where I have this issue. I have minimal sound mods installed, all from Pizza overhead if I'm not mistaken. I have done a clean install and the sounds work just fine on a vanilla game. I'm at a loss as to where to begin trying to figure out which other mod might be a conflict with the sound from this lone engine. Any thoughts?

Edit..

So I did some more testing in my modded install vs vanilla + ven's. In the modded install the sound of the engine running is still there, but significantly reduced. I compared it to 'vanilla' ven's and it is definately quieter. The sound itself is also different. Ven's is mostly a retexture mod right? So should I start looking at other mods that may have re-purposed some of the engines? I don't think I have any mods like that, but I'm not totally sure. I'm just not sure where to start looking for the source of this 'glitch.' 

Cheers,

Edited by Stratickus

Hi, is it just me, or does this mod make the floodlights much dimmer? I can't say I'm happy having to use 6 to 8 Illuminators to cast as much light as I would with just one stock Mk 1 Illuminator. Is there a way to revert it?

Edited by Salvator

hey guys,

I`m having some problems when I load some crafts from the tracking station, and this is what happens:

black screen with debug mode

Apparently is an issue related to Ven`s mod, but that`s only a guess because I don't understand the error logs.

output_log

This problem appeared a few days ago, out of nothing. The game continues to run (sometimes it crashes to desktop) and I can return to Space Center, but the screen is black as well. The craft I`ve select before now disappeared form tracking station.

I tried the solution Rob2222 posted above (remove the `%` before `MODEL`), but it didn't work.

I appreciate any help. Thanks.

First of all, the mod looks good, especially the new details like the lighting.

However, I have some suggestions:

- You could make the 2-man pod look more stockalike, since it's green color makes it look a bit out of place in my opinion.

- You could add compability to some stockalike mods like Kerbal Planetary Base Systems, RLA Stockalike and Stockalike Station Parts Expansion (Maybe make seperate revamp packs for them if you have permission to do so)

- What about adding some more science instruments, similar on what DMagic Orbital Science does.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/6/2016 at 3:58 PM, jcthemc said:

pwvCKMC.jpg

Can anyone advice how I fix this? As in.. have the attachment actually attached to the part? 

Or, maybe even better, how can i revert back to certain stock parts instead of Ven's version?

Edit: I was able to delete the use of this part by deleting the appropriate lines from the .cfg files.

How do u fix this? I install it normally, and i get this. what HELP ME

Also, When is the 1.2 update. I am waiting for dis to update.

On 8.10.2016 at 7:18 PM, Starslinger999 said:

Maybe the survey scanner should not be the fist part of the vessel? Start with another part and attach it then to the root or another connected part.

On 10/8/2016 at 1:18 PM, Starslinger999 said:

Do you also have Indicator Lights installed?  Its patch for the scanner interacts oddly with VSR's and causes the model to get squashed like that -- you'll need the compatibility patch to get it to work:

9 hours ago, Kerbas_ad_astra said:

Do you also have Indicator Lights installed?  Its patch for the scanner interacts oddly with VSR's and causes the model to get squashed like that -- you'll need the compatibility patch to get it to work:

Thats probably it. Thanks for the help.

Also, 1.2 full release happened. Still waiting.....

2 hours ago, Starslinger999 said:

And you might be waiting a while. I don't know if it was your intention, but this reads as very rude and entitled-sounding. The people who work on these mods do so in their own time, without compensation. Posts like this are what make devs decide it's not worth it to continue working on them. We'll get it when it's ready, and when they have the time, or when they just feel like it. They don't owe us anything. :)

Hey guys, has anyone had any communication with Ven on the state of this mod? Im new here, and don't want to appear at ALL pushy, just curious. I recently started playing Kerbal and this mod is one of my must haves, i absolutely love the look of all the parts and all the new engines i get in the beginning to play around with. I haven't even landed on the Mun in career mode, but i love this damn mod. Hope to hear back from Ven or someone else soon, good luck with updating this!

4 hours ago, Starslinger999 said:

Thats probably it. Thanks for the help.

Would be great if you could stop going from mod thread to mod thread asking for updates, it's pretty inconsiderate to the people who are improving your game for you for free. Thanks.

2 hours ago, Yaar Podshipnik said:

Have any of you who want it for 1.2 actually tried installing it and see if it works? CKAN won't let you do it, but you can install manually. After all, this is a part mod so it should work.

That doesn't work, gets stuck on one of the antenna.

5 hours ago, Yaar Podshipnik said:

Have any of you who want it for 1.2 actually tried installing it and see if it works? CKAN won't let you do it, but you can install manually. After all, this is a part mod so it should work.

Ill Try it.

6 hours ago, Tandoori said:

And you might be waiting a while. I don't know if it was your intention, but this reads as very rude and entitled-sounding. The people who work on these mods do so in their own time, without compensation. Posts like this are what make devs decide it's not worth it to continue working on them. We'll get it when it's ready, and when they have the time, or when they just feel like it. They don't owe us anything. :)

I didnt mean to be mean, its just that trying to show emotion through typing is hard. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.