[1.2.2] Stock Part Revamp, Update 1.9.6. Released Source Files!

Ven

Unfortunately it doesn't seem to be working with 1.2 at this time. The antennae is probably just the tip of the iceberg as there seems to have been a bit of a revamp of the stock parts categories that Ven's doesn't yet reflect. I do hope this mod is updated soon, though, as it is by far my favorite stock mesh revamp (at the very least).

6 minutes ago, captainradish said:

Unfortunately it doesn't seem to be working with 1.2 at this time. The antennae is probably just the tip of the iceberg as there seems to have been a bit of a revamp of the stock parts categories that Ven's doesn't yet reflect. I do hope this mod is updated soon, though, as it is by far my favorite stock mesh revamp (at the very least).

if you put // before de @part of all antennaes inside the Utility.cfg file, the mod will load, like:

//@PART[longAntenna] ...

12 hours ago, gilbr0ther said:

if you put // before de @part of all antennaes inside the Utility.cfg file, the mod will load, like:

//@PART[longAntenna] ...

Using this type of edit I took the legs out back in 1.1.3 (they might be fine now I haven't tried them). Now in 1.2 I have removed the antennae as well as most of the solar panels which seem to be not working (might be easy to fix - both the large radial and the Gigantor seem to be OK)

Edited by Kaa253

Unfortunately that doesn't seem to work for me. It gets hanged up on squad/parts/utility/comms antenna dts1. This is after i put // in front of every antenna inside the utility config in Vens mod folder. I even tried again deleting every single antenna entry out and it still hangs up on that, the only way to get it to run seems to be to delete vens completely. If anyone could send me a config or something, or explain exactly what files to alter, that would be great. Missing Ven's is like missing a huge chunk of my game, especially because im such a new player and i love the diversity of parts in the early game. Using modular rocket systems just isnt the same as vens.

I always have trouble removing a specific part from this mod because the long multipart config files make the job complicated. Trial and error every time! :confused:

Under GameData\VenStockRevamp\PathPatches you need to find which config file contains the part you want out and comment it/them out (actually I prefer to backup copy the file and simply delete the lines for the to-be-removed part).

Then under GameData\VenStockRevamp\Squad\Parts you find more config files that require the same. If it is actually a "new" part provided by the mod and not a re-skin of a stock part then you need to delete the config found under GameData\VenStockRevamp\PartBin. 

Edited by Kaa253

yeah squad parts then the utility file

//@PART[longAntenna] {
//    !mesh = DELETE
//    !MODEL {}
//    MODEL {
//        model = VenStockRevamp/Squad/Parts/ScienceParts/16
//    }
//    %rescaleFactor = 1
//}
//@PART[mediumDishAntenna] {
//    !mesh = DELETE
//    !MODEL {}
//    MODEL {
//        model = VenStockRevamp/Squad/Parts/ScienceParts/DTS-M1
//    }
//    %rescaleFactor = 1

3 hours ago, doudou said:

Hello everyone,
Just a quick question, with all these movements within squad, is anyone know if Revamp Stock will be updated in 1.2?

This has no affiliation with SQUAD or any of its employees, and is completely different to Porkjet's Rocket Part Revamp that has sort-of kind-of a little bit been released. Therefore, the movements within SQUAD won't affect this mod. :)

As for this being updated in 1.2, I believe Ven himself left this mod under the care of someone else, so updating is up to their own discretion. Some people have said that some bits of this mod work and others don't, and if you read through the last few pages, there's instructions on how to take out the bits that don't work right.

I would like to quickly add that people can get rather worked up about asking for updates and all that. I'm sure that was not your intent or anything like that, but just a friendly note. :) (And yes, I also want this updated very much. The stock models are rather… lacking in artistic finesse, in my own opinion)

NathanKell stepped in a few times in the past before Ven reappeared to fix some issues on engine models. That was it besides some information about general lack of motivation at the moment. So don't expect too much right now. 

Since NathanKell maintains RP-0, and because RP-0 includes Ven's Stock Revamp, I imagine that in the not-too-distant future (after he has his well-deserved break), he'll make a pass at compatibility issues. (Correct me if I'm wrong, though).

Anyway I'm looking forward to getting the mod running again. It seems that the only thing that needs fixing is the antenna parts, correct? If I comment those config lines out, the rest should load correctly, right?

Edited by hjrrockies

1 hour ago, hjrrockies said:

Since NathanKell maintains RP-0, and because RP-0 includes Ven's Stock Revamp, I imagine that in the not-too-distant future (after he has his well-deserved break), he'll make a pass at compatibility issues. (Correct me if I'm wrong, though).

Anyway I'm looking forward to getting the mod running again. It seems that the only thing that needs fixing is the antenna parts, correct? If I comment those config lines out, the rest should load correctly, right?

others parts like decouplers, science and docking ports does not show up.

3 hours ago, hjrrockies said:

yeah everything besides what i have commented out seems to work fine

So I've put together a Google sheet for what seems to be broken.

Here.

It seems like there's 48 parts from the mod with bugs. :(

I'm submitting this in the hopes it will aid updating this mod to 1.2.

If you guys find anymore part bugs I'd be happy to add them.

Edited by Omega482

23 minutes ago, Omega482 said:

So I've put together a Google sheet for what seems to be broken.

Here.

It seems like there's 48 parts from the mod with bugs. :(

I'm submitting this in the hopes it will aid updating this mod to 1.2.

For my install some of the parts you list as "wrong model" seem to be showing as Ven's models. I do struggle a little to remember what the stock parts are supposed to look like :D, but I believe I am seeing correct models for; strutConnector, fuelLine, launchClamp1, dockingPort1, dockingPort2, dockingPort3, dockingPortLateral, dockingPortLarge, telescopicLadder, telescopicLadderBay, sensorAccelerometer, sensorBarometer, sensorGravimeter, sensorThermometer, ISRU, SurveyScanner and there may be more.

Interesting. Will investigate my install.

EDIT: even after a clean install I'm seeing missing models for docking ports, launch clamps etc. See here.

I included the highlighted dockingport from Ven's just to prove i have installed correctly.

So I'll keep the google sheets list as it is. For now. Can anyone check these parts and see if they are getting the old models or ven's?

@Kaa253, Can you screenshot what you're seeing?

Edited by Omega482

2 hours ago, Omega482 said:

Well, I've had a look at your list and can say this:

The Comm 88-88, DTS and 16 all work fine in a clean install with no other mods, but my other (heavily modded) game stops loading after running into the comm DTS.

All the re-textured stockparts seem to be showing their original textures. The new parts added by the mod seem to work fine.

1 hour ago, NotAgain said:

The Comm 88-88, DTS and 16 all work fine in a clean install with no other mods, but my other (heavily modded) game stops loading after running into the comm DTS.

All the re-textured stockparts seem to be showing their original textures. The new parts added by the mod seem to work fine.

Yeah, actually after further examination the stock models almost seem to randomly loading instead of ven's. I've tried a couple of installs all with different parts showing/not showing. Seems like this is going to be a complex fix.

Add the linked file to your GameData Folder and it will: a) add a data transmitter to the green 2-kerbal pod and b) fix the issue with the secondary transform on the solar panels.  The panels, however, are reversed 90 degrees and will need to be retracted and extended to fix this.  So I've also included a patch which makes all solar panels retractable.  You can delete it or comment it out once you've fixed the panels if you so desire.  I have also included a patch which adds a data transmitter to any part that lacks it which has both ModuleCommand and ModuleSAS.  You will need to remove the comments ("//") from this patch for it to work though.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/24301800/Vens_Fixes.cfg

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.