[1.2.2] Stock Part Revamp, Update 1.9.6. Released Source Files!

Ven

26 minutes ago, divinity_chimera said:

Thanks for the offer @EmbersArc!

Do you know if it is even possible to convert "old" legs to 1.2 without altering the model?

Not even sure, I don't know the old model too well. But I'd guess not because it has become way more complex. Do we have a raw model or just a .mu?

27 minutes ago, divinity_chimera said:

PS: Hopp Schwiiz

:cool:

On 30.10.2016 at 1:32 AM, mreadshaw said:

There seems to be an issue with the drag of the 900 and 909. Maybe more parts as well but as you can see in my pictures definitely these engines need tweaking.

You can see that the 900 and 909 are causing about x7 the drag that a LV-T30 does, which makes no sense

Edit: below first 2 images

Edit: Did some more testing. It seems like it may just be a general issue with all of the engines to some degree.

The first image below show that there is way to much drag on the LV-T30 compared to the nose cone. The second on is stock.

Hey, I can confirm the behaviour that mreadshaw described. All the orbital engines (900, 909, poodle) seem to produce way more drag than the LV-T30 or 25.
For me the issue showed when messing around with spaceplanes - replacing two 909's with two T30's enables my latest design to go to space while before it struggeled going supersonic.

The pic below shows the aero overlay - the drag arrows being as long as the lift arrows surely isn't right.

nCFbYL6.png

Edited by Amnesy

So I'm getting these weird hexagons when I take off from Kerbin:

yGANROI.png

They don't seem to appear when I reenter the atmosphere, and I've isolated it to be this revamp's doing.

EDIT: I've found out it's the exterior fuel ducts that are causing them.

Edited by NomenNescio

Hello, if you get this issue with the M700 survey Scanner:3605A96DD7F0CFD487BDCAE66DC26AC80AB440AB

You can change this in Utility.cfg that there is in "VenStockRevamp\Squad\Parts" folder:

@PART[SurveyScanner] {
	!mesh = DELETE
	!MODEL {}
	%MODEL {
		%model = VenStockRevamp/Squad/Parts/ScienceParts/surveyScanner
	}
	@MODULE[ModuleAnimationGroup] {
		@deployAnimationName = SurveyScanner
	}
	%rescaleFactor = 1
}

By this:

@PART[SurveyScanner] {
	!mesh = DELETE
	!MODEL {}
	%MODEL {
		%model = VenStockRevamp/Squad/Parts/ScienceParts/surveyScanner
		%position = 0.0, 0.0, 0.0
	}
	@MODULE[ModuleAnimationGroup] {
		@deployAnimationName = SurveyScanner
	}
	%rescaleFactor = 1
}

And you will get this:6F517102C8AFE7A73FB181D44499748FDDCD0458

On 4.11.2016 at 5:59 PM, Tarheel1999 said:

The arrows are not reliable. You need to enable the aero information in the PAW for the parts and look at that. Also replacing 909s with 30s just suggests that you needed more thrust or a different ascent path. 

Alright checking the aero Information confirms my statement - Almost identical flight situation with the same plane but different rocket engines has very different drag numbers. (40 vs 72kN). Using the 909's the plane won't go supersonic unless I do a straight dive from 10+ km. Just by replacing the 909's with 30s the same thing will go supersonic while climbing and having way heavier engines.

tA2TgAI.png

I notice there are antenna in the science tree that are marked as *Outdated*. They don't seem to be there without this mod installed so I have to assume this mod is to blame. Could you please remove those for good, because I have now wasted science where I didn't want to because I saw the antenna, only to find it's outdated. Since it does nothing, why even keep them around?

16 minutes ago, NomenNescio said:

I notice there are antenna in the science tree that are marked as *Outdated*. They don't seem to be there without this mod installed so I have to assume this mod is to blame. Could you please remove those for good, because I have now wasted science where I didn't want to because I saw the antenna, only to find it's outdated. Since it does nothing, why even keep them around?

Because if I had done so, someone else would have whined at me about how their ships got eaten when they updated.  :wink:

Edited by Kerbas_ad_astra

The docking port models (as well as the interstage engine fairing for the Skipper engine) have shader issues. The shaders look fine in the VAB, but something bad happens when the vehicle is loaded onto the pad and the model turns a very dark shade of black. 
Anyone else having this issue? If so, how did you manage to fix it?

Reference images: 

In VAB (normal): http://imgur.com/a/hjD32

On launch pad (abnormal): http://imgur.com/a/Rpea4

16 hours ago, Kerbas_ad_astra said:

Because if I had done so, someone else would have whined at me about how their ships got eaten when they updated.  :wink:

If you edit the configs for the parts to:

TechRequired = Unresearcheable

The parts should not show up in Career or Science mode... they will still show up in Career but its a better way of deprecating parts than nothing. :D 

Hey guys, I think I have found a fix for the solar panels. It is a bit sturdy, but works, as first tests show no issues.

To fix these weird rotations, just go in your persistens save file and change the statestring: EXTENDED to statestring: RETRACTED of every solarpanel2,3,4 or 5. When you load the vessel, extend the panel and everything should be fine. 

Note that this can be done by the replacement tool (replace EXTENDED with RETRACTED), but then, everything has to be extended again, so anntenae, solar panels from mods, experiment things and so on. But no harm to the vessels is done. 

7 hours ago, Poodmund said:

If you edit the configs for the parts to:

TechRequired = Unresearcheable

The parts should not show up in Career or Science mode... they will still show up in Career but its a better way of deprecating parts than nothing. :D 

I'd set the parts to category = -1, which would prevent people from finding them in the editor and building new crafts with them, but setting the tech node was the missing step.  Fixed!

Regarding the RCS topic - for the RV-105 the following code needs to be added (for sound and effect)

!EFFECTS{}
	EFFECTS
	{
		running
		{
			AUDIO_MULTI_POOL
			{
				channel = Ship
				transformName = RCSthruster
				clip = sound_rocket_mini
				volume = 0.0 0.0
				volume = 0.1 0.0
				volume = 0.5 0.025
				volume = 1.0 0.1
				pitch = 0.0 0.75
				pitch = 1.0 1.5
				loop = true
			}
			MODEL_MULTI_PARTICLE
			{
				modelName = Squad/FX/Monoprop_small
				transformName = RCSthruster
				emission = 0.0 0.0
				emission = 0.1 0.0
				emission = 1.0 1.0
				speed = 0.0 0.8
				speed = 1.0 1.0
				localRotation = -90, 0, 0
			}
		}
	}

The others have to be adjusted accordingly...

Remark: Use the ModuleRCSFX instead of the ModuleRCS

Edited by divinity_chimera
Added info

3 minutes ago, ThePhoenixSol said:

Hey, on the topic of the 909's and what not having a lot of drag. Im having the issue too, and would love for someone to chime in with a fix.

WIthout having had a deep look into it I suspect this is a collider issue / voxel issue and needs to be fixed in the root model / blender file. 

@EmbersArc, as far as I know the landing legs are only available as the *.mu file. There are 2 versions - one I used with KSP Version 1.0.5 and then there was an update for 1.1 - but they never really get popular, since they exploded on ground contact.

Since it seems you have some experience with landing legs, is it even possible to get working landing legs out of a *.mu that was created before 1.1?

@divinity_chimera Just changing the config didn't work. I've now imported the .mu in Blender, redid the whole setup and animation, exported it through Unity and adjusted the config.

So far only for the LT-2:

yAB7kAu.png

Sometimes the feet glitch through the ground and the lander starts oscillating. Apart from that it works fine. I'll try to fix that and tackle the LT-1 and LT-05 later.

They seem to work OK, but the model rotations are not the same, so a word of advice to anyone who wants to upgrade, be sure you haven't got any important landers anywhere:

ThxUAWc.png

Spoiler

w7XDVCu.png

23dINzu.png

Also, the LT-2 should probably be scaled up by 1.25x to make it large enough to keep a Poodle off the ground (as the stock LT-2 is).

Edited by Kerbas_ad_astra

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.