[1.2.2] Stock Part Revamp, Update 1.9.6. Released Source Files!

Ven

3 minutes ago, Cruzo said:

What is the purpose of the bumper on docking ports?  

I'm not sure this this is the primary intended function, but I find them very useful for making sure that certain craft (like modular interplanetary vessels) are properly radially aligned before retracting and finalizing docking.

I'm having trouble with lights. Most of the lights, including the stock (revamped) illuminator Mk1, Mk2, and Mk3, cast no light at all. Other lights from mods, like built-in rover headlamps, and surface-mounted self-illumination lights, work fine. Anyone else having this problem?

I'm 90% sure it started when I installed Ven's. It's irritating enough that I'd intended to uninstall it, but that would kill practically every active flight in my career mode, since it impacts practically everything. :(

Any ideas?

3 hours ago, FirroSeranel said:

I'm having trouble with lights. Most of the lights, including the stock (revamped) illuminator Mk1, Mk2, and Mk3, cast no light at all. Other lights from mods, like built-in rover headlamps, and surface-mounted self-illumination lights, work fine. Anyone else having this problem?

I'm 90% sure it started when I installed Ven's. It's irritating enough that I'd intended to uninstall it, but that would kill practically every active flight in my career mode, since it impacts practically everything. :(

Any ideas?

It is interesting you just posted this so recently, about 10 minutes ago I went to VenStockRevamp\Squad\Parts\Electrical.cfg and started removing the code segments like:

@PART[spotLight1] {
	!mesh = DELETE
    MODEL {
        model = VenStockRevamp/Squad/Parts/Electrical/Lights/MK1
	}
}

I like the look of Ven's more but this brings the working stock lights back until this is fixed.

On 3/1/2017 at 5:09 PM, Dogpool said:

I've hit a snag with the Clamp-o-tron docking port, for some reason it won't dock no matter what I do, also I found out about it after assembling the bulk of my station since I was using only Clamp-o-tron Senior up until then :D yay.

If someone knows of a fix I would greatly appreciate it. I can replace the docks with some from another mod but I am yet to find one where the docking ports look as good as in this mod :) .

This has been an issue for quite a number of months and I expect it can only be resolved by correcting the transforms on the model within Unity itself which is something that Ven would have to do. I don't think anyone else can rectify this unfortunately as we do not have access to the model sources.

I raised an issue about this a while back: https://github.com/VenVen/Stock-Revamp/issues/92 I am not sure if all/any were solved to be honest. I usually revert to replacing the Ven's Clamp-o-tron port back to the stock one for the time being.

On 3/7/2017 at 0:26 PM, SufficientAnonymity said:

Anyone else having issues with the 2.5m plate on the Poodle disappearing on vessel reloads?

Not the Poodle, but I've got this on reload with the Nerv's 2.5m plate:

G5P0bFz.png

I had it happen on two crafts that were identically built, but I haven't figured out what's causing it -- it doesn't seem to happen 100% of the time.

Edited by albany_

11 hours ago, albany_ said:

Not the Poodle, but I've got this on reload with the Nerv's 2.5m plate:

G5P0bFz.png

I had it happen on two crafts that were identically built, but I haven't figured out what's causing it -- it doesn't seem to happen 100% of the time.

I generally avoid using the auto thrust plates, most engines you can use without them.  I would prefer if they were just separate parts listed alongside other adapters. 

Echoing @tomgle question about installation, I've read back a couple forum pages and couldn't find anything about the pruners/un-pruners.

@Kerbas_ad_astra would you mind giving the greenhorns a dumbed-down explanation on which files to grab from GitHub? Do we need to download the pruners? Also, should we download the 1.2 branch or the master branch?

Edited by Hofelinger

On 11/03/2017 at 1:13 PM, eberkain said:

I generally avoid using the auto thrust plates, most engines you can use without them.  I would prefer if they were just separate parts listed alongside other adapters. 

Hey guys those auto-thrust plates were bugging me too, especially on the Poodle Engine because the nodes were so close together I had a hard time getting the Poodle Engine attached without the Thrust Plates. So I did some digging into the files. Was quite disappointed that you cannot access the *.mu model files. But then I found the config files. And as it turned out all you need to do change/delete lines in the engines.cfg file to get the desired result: E.g.

In short deleting the following line in the Poodle Section starting with @PART[liquidEngine2-2]:

node_stack_top2 = 0.0, 0.835, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 2

in the Engines.cfg under path *\GameData\VenStockRevamp\Squad\Parts\..

you are able to get rid of the so called Thrust Plate Engine Fairing. That way you can attach your poodle directly.

By the way forcing the opposite is also possible. Always have thrust plate. Thats being achieved by deleting the following lines:

MODULE
	{
       name = ModuleJettison
       jettisonName = Size2B
       bottomNodeName = top2
       isFairing = True
       jettisonedObjectMass = 0.1
       jettisonForce = 0
       jettisonDirection = 0 0 1
	}

in the same Engines.cfg file.

Hope that helps. That way you can "configure" the thrust plates the way you want.

Have a nice day and a good time.

2 hours ago, Moofrog said:

Hey guys those auto-thrust plates were bugging me too, especially on the Poodle Engine because the nodes were so close together I had a hard time getting the Poodle Engine attached without the Thrust Plates. So I did some digging into the files. Was quite disappointed that you cannot access the *.mu model files. But then I found the config files.

I don't mind the current functionality, since you can choose whether or not to have the thrust plate based on which attach node you use, I'm just not sure why they sometimes go missing. Just an annoying bug.

Thinking about it, I think the thrust plates work in the same way engine shroud fairings do. I wonder if the fact that there are technically two fairings for these parts, one for the engine shroud and one for the thrust plate, is the root of this issue.

48 minutes ago, albany_ said:

I don't mind the current functionality, since you can choose whether or not to have the thrust plate based on which attach node you use, I'm just not sure why they sometimes go missing. Just an annoying bug.

Thinking about it, I think the thrust plates work in the same way engine shroud fairings do. I wonder if the fact that there are technically two fairings for these parts, one for the engine shroud and one for the thrust plate, is the root of this issue.

Maybe. Because when you want to use the engine you mostly jettison the fairing. It seems the game treats the fairing differently to the rest of the engine model. I kept the fairing for most engines except for poodle and terrier. Coz I dont like the looks of it anyways and its very hard to attach without getting the fairing, the way the nodes work. Sometimes more funcitionality also adds more room for error. I mostly enjoy the retexturing of Ven's coz its so slick.

Is there anywhere that all the current known issues are posted?(didnt see it in OP but its late and i likely missed it.) And can anyone let me know if the issue of the past where the adapter nodes caused major drag when not used... or even when used/turned off?

The stock lights don't cast any light as mentioned above:( I'll try to remove them as per Tynrael's advice above. I like the way they look though, is there a fix for this?

Woa! I just started really digging into the overhauled parts! I like pretty much everything. Nice refresh. I love the narrow band scanner, the antennas and the small science instruments and finally some much needed love for the heat radiators:) Oh, and the structural parts are way cool! Awesome! Thank you very much!

Edited by Kerbital

1 minute ago, Doc Shaftoe said:

The bumpers allow a kind of "soft dock" so you can orient your ships however you need them prior to transitioning to a "hard dock." CX aerospace has a similar feature with its gendered APAS docking ports.

Well, they're a little bit different in that the gender ports enforce a certain docking orientation that you decide in the VAB, essentially.

Which is why I mentioned that they are similar and not identical. Regardless, it's an incredibly useful feature for precision docking and one that I'd love to see become stock in the future. And who knows? Maybe with the Historical Mission expansion that squad is putting together we might get some docking ports with bumpers.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.