[1.2.2] Stock Part Revamp, Update 1.9.6. Released Source Files!

Ven

2 minutes ago, fourfa said:

I couldn't find this in the thread - is there a solution or hack to the problem of the docking port lights illuminating entire planets from hundreds of kilometers away?

afaik it's a problem with the light source in the model not being set to the right layers. I don't think there's any fix other than reexporting the model out of unity.

whats with the pruners and unpruners in the file?

edit: Also when I start up the game, all of the new parts are added, but all of the pre-existing parts aren't updated, I'm guessing that this might have something to do with the pruner files?

Edited by MrWalrus123

If you are using USI LifeSupport, here is the patch to enable Habitation on five parts in this (Stock Revamp) mod.

Edit: I have bumped it to version 2 adding more features. That patch requires USI LS and USI Tools now (needed to implement a feature of "zero crew capacity until inflated").

Edited by Kerbal101

The weight of "Modular Girder Universal Mounting Plate" is definitely wrong with 0,25t, as its just a cut-down 1/6 part of regular Girder, which weights 0,125t.
Should probably be 0,025t, but looking at "Extra_Structural_Parts.cfg", it looks like its weight was simply overlooked.

So.. save as "Ven-GirderPatch.cfg" anywhere and paste this inside:

@PART[largeTrussMount]:FINAL {
	@mass = 0.025
}

On 15/05/2016 at 0:33 AM, Mr Betelgeuse said:

CTT Configs:

A long time ago, I made a quick patch that made a few things that added a new config to this mod. This basically implemented the new parts added with Ven's Stock Part Revamp to Community Tech Tree. Things like the Dachhound engine are unlocked before the reliant, and a couple changes with the SRBs. The Mk2VA cockpit is also unlocked before the MK2 (stock) cockpit, and the 2.5m Nova Nuclear engine is unlocked after the current 1.25m nuclear engine. This is for a sense of progression of engines. The Dachhound engine is much worse than the reliant/swivel, so it should be unlocked before.

To install:

First download and install Community Tech Tree (CTT) --> DOWNLOAD

Just download the file from Space Dock --> DOWNLOAD

And install it normally by extracting the gamedata folder within the file into the KSP directory. 

This patch works on all versions of KSP. 

@Ven could you include this in all future releases please.

Spoiler

Could anyone help me understand why the engines modified with this patch aren't making sound? It seems like such a small thing but it's really a bummer. I do have a heavily modded install but I thought maybe others have found the problem and solution before. I didn't read every post but I scanned through and didn't see it. 

Edited by Crixomix

6 minutes ago, TheRagingIrishman said:

Not required. These are the source files that he used to make the ingame models and he's providing them so any modders can use them. 

Ah, thanks for explaining! So I can just use the main download then?

Hey, @Ven, I'm back to my old tricks mangling your mod. I'm trying to retrofit it to work with Remotetech. I've noticed that you've made your dishes stand in for the new relays; however, all I can find are old, dummied-out files for them. How do I undo this and get DTS-M5 and DTS-M7 back? Or, at least, how do I find the 'partname' variable in order to put together another MM patch?

Edit: Ditto for KerbCan. It's as if there's a really important part of the mod I can't see.

Edited by DDE

I have released a continuation of this mod, adding some functionality and tweaking some things. (still need to get pics up. if anyone has any good pics of beautified vens spacecraft, please help.)

feedback on my changes is welcome.

11 hours ago, toric5 said:

I have released a continuation of this mod, adding some functionality and tweaking some things. (still need to get pics up. if anyone has any good pics of beautified vens spacecraft, please help.)

feedback on my changes is welcome.

What @Poodmund said.  So consider this feedback:

It is very impolite to release a fork without at least trying to contact the author in various ways.  These ways include email, PM on the forums, posting in the threads, etc.  By releasing this you will create confusion in many peoples minds as to which they should use.  I speak from long experience in adopting mods.  

I'm not saying your work is bad, but did you even try to contact him?  I don't see any activity on your side (obviously I can't see email or PMs)?

On 7/19/2017 at 0:06 PM, FirroSeranel said:

Ven's docking ports look so much better! But...

They don't quite line up anymore for me when they're connected. There's a slight gap between them that's kind of immersion-breaking, since there clearly isn't a hard seal against vacuum.

Obviously I can adjust it in the VAB, but when they dock again the gap comes back.

Adjusting the node position is simple enough, but I have a couple of questions for anyone who's more intimately familiar with this mod...

1: I don't see a .cfg file for the standard docking ports here. I assume this means it uses the .cfg files in the Squad parts directories?

2: How fidgety are docking port nodes? If I sink it slightly down in so I don't have to try to get 7 decimal place precision like Squad did, am I going to run into problems getting them to dock?

I've used Ven's for a long time, and I don't remember ever noticing this before 1.3 came out. It's really blatant on some models (like the basic Clamp-O-Tron), so there's no way I'd have missed it before, especially since when I'm docking, I'm typically zoomed way in on the ports to line them up.

Which docking ports are you referring to?  I can make a patch for this.

53 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Which docking ports are you referring to?  I can make a patch for this.

with me, all of them have that problem.

11 minutes ago, dundun93 said:

with me, all of them have that problem.

Well, I took a look, and am not sure of what I am seeing.

Could you please list all the docking ports which you are having a problem with, and if possible, a few screenshots to show the problem?

Thanks

Just now, linuxgurugamer said:

Well, I took a look, and am not sure of what I am seeing.

Could you please list all the docking ports which you are having a problem with, and if possible, a few screenshots to show the problem?

Thanks

I cant play ksp right now but all I know is that I saw all of them with that problem.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.