[1.2.2] Stock Part Revamp, Update 1.9.6. Released Source Files!

Ven

1 minute ago, dundun93 said:

I cant play ksp right now but all I know is that I saw all of them with that problem.

Well, when you can.

For now, I'll take a look at the following:

• Clamp-O-Tron
  • Clamp-O-Tron Docking Port Jr.
  • Clamp-O-Tron Docking Port Sr.
  • Clamp-O-Tron Shielded Docking Port
  • Inline Clamp-O-Tron

Ok, looking at the docking ports in the editor, I saw problems with the following docking ports,

Clamp-O-Tron

Clamp-O-Tron Jr

This patch should fix it:

@PART[dockingPort2]:NEEDS[VenStockRevamp]
{
	@node_stack_top = 0.0, 0.255, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 1
}
@PART[dockingPort3]:NEEDS[VenStockRevamp]
{
	@node_stack_top = 0.0, 0.14, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 1
}

13 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

What @Poodmund said.  So consider this feedback:

It is very impolite to release a fork without at least trying to contact the author in various ways.  These ways include email, PM on the forums, posting in the threads, etc.  By releasing this you will create confusion in many peoples minds as to which they should use.  I speak from long experience in adopting mods.  

I'm not saying your work is bad, but did you even try to contact him?  I don't see any activity on your side (obviously I can't see email or PMs)?

To be blunt, it's also impolite to accuse someone of wrongdoing without evidence. Anyways, my permission is irrelevant, the license I picked allows Toric5 to do as he wishes as long as he gives attribution.

And yes, he did contact me about this and I told him the same thing.

Otherwise, I'm not really sure why he didn't just fork and then submit a pull request on GitHub for some changes, I'm still watching it and will merge the pull requests that make sense.

Be aware that I've just pushed my updates to the repository, a whole lot of background config cleanup and added a few tidbits that were previously unused.

10 hours ago, Ven said:

To be blunt, it's also impolite to accuse someone of wrongdoing without evidence. Anyways, my permission is irrelevant, the license I picked allows Toric5 to do as he wishes as long as he gives attribution.

And yes, he did contact me about this and I told him the same thing.

Otherwise, I'm not really sure why he didn't just fork and then submit a pull request on GitHub for some changes, I'm still watching it and will merge the pull requests that make sense.

Be aware that I've just pushed my updates to the repository, a whole lot of background config cleanup and added a few tidbits that were previously unused.

I said what I did based on some evidence;  first, that in this thread he merely mentioned it, and in his new thread, he specifically said 

As Ven does not seem to be actively developing his mod anymore, I have decided continue it. I plan on adjusting balance, fixing what bugs i can, and maintainin

There was no mention that he had contacted you.  So yes, I made a conclusion which.was, based on what you just said, in error..

so, @toric5, please accept my apology for a wrong conclusion.

On another note, @Ven, I have some patches which adjust the volumes and masses of the Cryo and Soft tanks to be inline with stock, based on volume calculations.  Would you be interested in incorporating them into the next update?

3 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

On another note, @Ven, I have some patches which adjust the volumes and masses of the Cryo and Soft tanks to be inline with stock, based on volume calculations.  Would you be interested in incorporating them into the next update?

Well yeah silly. :P

I need to see them first though.

On 8/18/2017 at 8:08 AM, linuxgurugamer said:

Ok, looking at the docking ports in the editor, I saw problems with the following docking ports,

Clamp-O-Tron

Clamp-O-Tron Jr

This patch should fix it:

{
	@node_stack_top = 0.0, 0.255, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 1
}
@PART[dockingPort3]:NEEDS[VenStockRevamp]
{
	@node_stack_top = 0.0, 0.14, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 1
}

Thanks for this. I'd tweaked it myself and found that the dockingPort2 needs a little more room otherwise it looks like they're clipping. here's the numbers I landed on:

{
	@node_stack_top = 0.0, 0.264, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 1
}

45 minutes ago, Tyko said:

Thanks for this. I'd tweaked it myself and found that the dockingPort2 needs a little more room otherwise it looks like they're clipping. here's the numbers I landed on:

{
	@node_stack_top = 0.0, 0.264, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 1
}

Looks good, I'll incorporate that in mine, thanks

With this new update, I found the B9PartSwitch patch for selecting tank adapters on engines needs a small change.

This line:

@PART[liquidEngine2-2]:AFTER[VenStockRevamp]

should be changed to:

@PART[S2ServiceEngine]:AFTER[VenStockRevamp]

(Can't remember who originally created that patch though...)

26 minutes ago, leomike said:

Not sure but I think this should be 2.65. Otherwise the CryoXmed and CryoXBig are the same mass.

Actually, it should be  2.8500

My cutnpaste had a mistake

Actually, all of the Cyro masses were wrong :-(

Along with some other numbers :-(  :-(

Here is an updated file:

Spoiler

//
// Patch to update Ven's new tanks to be
// inline with stock tanks

@PART[CryoXBig]
{
    @mass = 5.3000
    @RESOURCE[LiquidFuel]
    {
        @amount = 3810
        @maxAmount = 3810
    }
    @RESOURCE[Oxidizer]
    {
        @amount = 4657
        @maxAmount = 4657
    }
}

@PART[CryoXmed]
{
    @mass = 2.8500
    @RESOURCE[LiquidFuel]
    {
        @amount = 2040
        @maxAmount = 2040
    }
    @RESOURCE[Oxidizer]
    {
        @amount = 2493
        @maxAmount = 2493
    }
}

@PART[CryoXnoseCone]
{
    @mass = 1.5500
    @RESOURCE[LiquidFuel]
    {
        @amount = 1110
        @maxAmount = 1110
    }
    @RESOURCE[Oxidizer]
    {
        @amount = 1357
        @maxAmount = 1357
    }
}

@PART[CryoXsmall]
{
    @mass = 1.3500
    @RESOURCE[LiquidFuel]
    {
        @amount = 980
        @maxAmount = 980
    }
    @RESOURCE[Oxidizer]
    {
        @amount = 1198
        @maxAmount = 1198
    }
}

@PART[CryoXendButt]
{
    @mass = 0.4500
    @RESOURCE[LiquidFuel]
    {
        @amount = 310
        @maxAmount = 310
    }
    @RESOURCE[Oxidizer]
    {
        @amount = 379
        @maxAmount = 379
    }
}

@PART[softTankMK1]
{
    @mass = 0.3000
    @RESOURCE[LiquidFuel]
    {
        @amount = 370
        @maxAmount = 370
    }
}

@PART[softTankMK2]
{
    @mass = 0.5500
    @RESOURCE[LiquidFuel]
    {
        @amount = 650
        @maxAmount = 650
    }
}

@PART[softTankMK3]
{
    @mass = 1.2000
    @RESOURCE[LiquidFuel]
    {
        @amount = 1300
        @maxAmount = 1300
    }
}

@PART[softTankMK4]
{
    @mass = 2.7000
    @RESOURCE[LiquidFuel]
    {
        @amount = 2550
        @maxAmount = 2550
    }
}

@PART[softTankMK5]
{
    @mass = 4.7000
    @RESOURCE[LiquidFuel]
    {
        @amount = 4070
        @maxAmount = 4070
    }
}

7 hours ago, monolith said:

With this new update, I found the B9PartSwitch patch for selecting tank adapters on engines needs a small change.

This line:

@PART[liquidEngine2-2]:AFTER[VenStockRevamp]

should be changed to:

@PART[S2ServiceEngine]:AFTER[VenStockRevamp]

(Can't remember who originally created that patch though...)

Can you post the full patch please

never mind, I didn't realise it was a download.

Edited by linuxgurugamer

@Ven, submitted a pull request including the patches i made in my somewhat short lived fork.

I did not mean to forcibly take over your work, i (falsely) assumed that your PMs meant that you were indeed done with the mod. Please accept my apology, and I hope I can continue to work with you and other modders where I can.

47 minutes ago, toric5 said:

@Ven, submitted a pull request including the patches i made in my somewhat short lived fork.

I did not mean to forcibly take over your work, i (falsely) assumed that your PMs meant that you were indeed done with the mod. Please accept my apology, and I hope I can continue to work with you and other modders where I can.

Did your PR include anything with the masses of the 10 new tanks?

I got an issue with using your mod in a heavy moded version of 1.1.3.1289. The issue has to do with the mk1 command pod. Whenever i use it i get weird torque values on my craft even without having anything attached to it besides the pod and an engine care to help me :P?. Tell me what you need  to help you figure the problem

7 hours ago, DragonGTP said:

I got an issue with using your mod in a heavy moded version of 1.1.3.1289. The issue has to do with the mk1 command pod. Whenever i use it i get weird torque values on my craft even without having anything attached to it besides the pod and an engine care to help me :P?. Tell me what you need  to help you figure the problem

Hello, and welcome to the forums. :)

I can't check my install right now, but I believe the problem lies in a Centre of Mass offset in some of the capsules. Real capsules, such as the Apollo CM, had an offset Centre of Mass for atmospheric control during reentry, which Ven has tried to simulate here. If your rocket is small enough, however, this offset is enough to provide some errant torque.

As I said, I can't check my install right now, but somewhere in Ven's .cfgs for Module Manager, there's a line that adds Centre of Mass offset to the Mk1 Command Pod. You should be able to just delete that. I'll check again when I can, if you need more help. :)

12 hours ago, CommanderSmith said:

Hello, and welcome to the forums. :)

I can't check my install right now, but I believe the problem lies in a Centre of Mass offset in some of the capsules. Real capsules, such as the Apollo CM, had an offset Centre of Mass for atmospheric control during reentry, which Ven has tried to simulate here. If your rocket is small enough, however, this offset is enough to provide some errant torque.

As I said, I can't check my install right now, but somewhere in Ven's .cfgs for Module Manager, there's a line that adds Centre of Mass offset to the Mk1 Command Pod. You should be able to just delete that. I'll check again when I can, if you need more help. :)

Thank you :D. And thank you again it worked. It was just like you said :P

Hi all. Having issues with the "Pomeranian" engine added by this mod. It's not making any noises whatsoever, in atmosphere or vacuum, when throttled up. It still produces thrust. But it's producing no plume and no noise. I had vens & realplume installed, I uninstalled realplume, and then uninstalled and reinstalled vens, and it's still not making any noise/plume.

Just realised this part is added by seti probe parts. Sorry peeps.

Edited by Crixomix

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.