[1.2.2] Stock Part Revamp, Update 1.9.6. Released Source Files!

Ven

Quite fond of Porkjet, but why go there if you can have every part replaced with sexiness?

Thanks! And glad it works on 1.3. I hope Ven has some time between now and a year to change the 1.2.2 into 1.3 on the title. 

A search tip: One could also go to web browser settings and use the "find on page" or "find" option and then type "1.3" and keep pressing the up and down arrow until the messenger your looking for is found on the page your looking at. Saves you the trouble scrolling a entire page when searching for specific buried information.

8 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

There have been some commits made to the Github repo since the last release, and in addition, I see three issues there.

Does anyone know how "release-ready" the current files are?

been using the latest release for a bit, and only issue #111 is something we can fix. (we could just run the python on the models) but we should get vens input on that.

other than that, everything seems release ready.

2 hours ago, toric5 said:

been using the latest release for a bit, and only issue #111 is something we can fix. (we could just run the python on the models) but we should get vens input on that.

other than that, everything seems release ready.

When you say "latest release", are you downloading the repo, or from the release directory?

Please ignore, the problem was not caused by VSR 

Spoiler

I recently installed VSR to a stock game (with graphics mods and KER) and it crashed after 2,900 MM patches. I'm guessing using the pruner would fix this, but i was wondering how to use it? Where do i put the files?

Edited by Skylon

1 hour ago, Assassinsat said:

I Installed the latest release from the github release link. The version there says 1.9.6 but ingame AVC says it is 1.9.5 and i meant for KSP 1.1.3. Is this normal? What version should I install?

You need to download the repository from GitHub and then copy the folders in the game data folder into your KSP game data folder. Alternatively, you can wait for the next release. Which may happen in the next month or so. 

2 hours ago, Tarheel1999 said:

You need to download the repository from GitHub and then copy the folders in the game data folder into your KSP game data folder. Alternatively, you can wait for the next release. Which may happen in the next month or so. 

Can you point me to the repository? Is it this one? https://github.com/VenVen/Stock-Revamp

some of the changes this makes I would like to undo or make as a new part rather than replace existing parts.

one such is the Jumbo 64 fuel tank.  I prefer it to be the orange version as I have used that in many places to color match the other cryo style tanks on the craft.   I was looking in the folders to see if I could just remove the stuff that changes this part but I can't find the jumbo 64 listed as such.  does anybody know what files modify that part so I could remove them?

is it the x200-64?  and if so will just simply removing the "x200-64.mu" file revert the tank back to stock

Edited by Bit Fiddler

On 8/30/2017 at 8:37 PM, Ivy said:

What I did to reset the fuel cells, science, survey scanner, and solar panels to stock:

• Remove references to the model in the PathPatches folder from the appropriate file(s). in my case, Electrical-PathPatches.cfg, and Utility-PathPatches.cfg. 
  • In Squad/Parts, remove the entries from Electrical.cfg and Utility.cfg.

Doing both might be redundant but I had mixed results when only doing one at a time. The config names for stock parts are easily found on the wiki. Antennae appear to be located only in Utility, but I might be wrong there.

17 hours ago, Bit Fiddler said:

is it the x200-64?  and if so will just simply removing the "x200-64.mu" file revert the tank back to stock

Try what I did here; removing only the .mu files probably wouldn't work. As for the particular part name in configs, the wiki is actually pretty good for that: https://wiki.kerbalspaceprogram.com/wiki/Parts/FuelTank/fuelTankJumbo-64/fuelTankJumbo-64.cfg

Hello everyone!

1) I have a strange issue - revamped stock lights don't actually give any light... Does anyone have the same issue? Is there's a fix anywhere?

I had to delete the part config and model references as with some other less broken parts. Looks like the light module isn't properly defined for 'em.

25 minutes ago, The-Doctor said:

I assume this works in 1.3.1? Don't bite me, I've been away a month due to hurricanes

I'm not sure, I'm having an issue with solar panels where they're just static and open, not receiving light either. I'm gonna try re-installing and see if that fixes the issue.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.