[1.2.2] Stock Part Revamp, Update 1.9.6. Released Source Files!

Ven

6 hours ago, Electrocutor said:

So... I was going to work on making a patch .cfg to allow Vens stuff to use the PBR shaders from ShadowMage, but I'm obviously missing something; every single part that should have a new model is missing from the game and the log is filled with "Model was not compiled correctly" errors. I apologize in advance if this is a stupid question, but 'How do I make this work?' I checked a few pages back, but do not see anyone else having an issue?

[Update]
n/m I figured it out.

I'm guessing you do have ModuleManager.*.*.* install because you said your making a MM or patch did you install Ven's wrong ? Path should be KSP/GameData/VenStockRevamp

On 10/30/2017 at 1:31 AM, dtoxic said:

don,t worry you wont...after you install VSR drop this also into /Gamedata https://github.com/otaithleigh/VSR-B9PartSwitch-Cfgs/releases

and make sure you have B9 partswitch mod installed

FYI, you can now remove the craft-breaking workaround of renaming one of the nodes.  As of 2.0.0, B9PartSwitch will match on exact names, so top and top2 will be independent

Hi, there is a com offset in the 1-2 Pod patch which causes it to tilt the ship to a side

7fAc9Tf.png

Check the torque. This is the line

%CoMOffset = 0, 0.0, 0.07

And it seems completely unneeded. If someone is maintaining this mod, I believe that line should be removed.

12 minutes ago, juanml82 said:

Hi, there is a com offset in the 1-2 Pod patch which causes it to tilt the ship to a side

7fAc9Tf.png

Check the torque. This is the line

%CoMOffset = 0, 0.0, 0.07

And it seems completely unneeded. If someone is maintaining this mod, I believe that line should be removed.

You are free to take it out but think some of them where put in for reentry and splash down but could be wrong

• 3 weeks later...

I'm playing in 1.3.1, and I'm finding a few of issues, mostly with the new parts you added in. Nothing game-breaking, but a little upsetting to me.

- Antennae:

You antennae all have the same range as the Communotron 16, in that they will all connect to the KSC up to 31Mm (Tracking Station Lvl 1), 158Mm (Lvl 2), and 353Mm (Lvl 3), regardless of tech tree tier. All of your new antennae become available alongside the Communotron DTS-M1, but are far worse than it. It doesn't make any sense.

Also (side note), none of your added antennae can relay signals. Do you want to change that in any way? maybe you could make a couple of them more powerful; than the most powerful stock antennae, and stick them at the end of the tech tree?

- Internals:

None of your added crew storage units have internal views, which I find kinda saddening. I would be nice to see all your Kerbals, even the ones inside the tent. Not to mention, I was hoping to see IVA views from everyone inside the PPD-20 Jumbo Kerbal Can, and was sorely disappointing. The MK2 'VA Command Pod has internals, but the control panel is missing its controls. That could be completed.

I mean, I guess I should go easy on you for this one. I can imagine internal views being rather hard to get working (this coming from someone with no experience in the matter).

- Part Type (VAB):

A lot of your parts don't appear in the right category under the 'Filter by Parts' tab:
- Antennae are in 'Science', rather than 'Communication' with the stock ones.
- Clamp-O-Tron MK 16-XXL Docking Port (the one with the parachute) is under 'Utilities' instead of 'Coupling', and so is the MK1 Cargo Bay when it should be in  'Payload'.
(speaking of, all stock parts have Mk instead of MK, lower caps 'k'. But that's me nitpicking, don't mind me)
- Mk 2 Escape Cover is in 'Aerodynamics', which makes some sense, although the stock Launch Escape System that it fits with is in 'Utilities'. Once again, nitpicking.

I think that's everything, although I suggest you go through your other parts, just to be sure.

- Replacement Textures

None of your replacement textures seem to be working for me. Simple as that. I'm only seeing stock textures.

Also, I'm pretty sure half of your added parts are missing. I downloaded this mod a few versions back, and I could have sworn there were parts like an Ant engine with a shroud, and more than the original Oscar tank. Not to mention, you included these in the pictures you posted.

I was hoping to fix some of these issues by installing the latest version of Module Manager (3.0.1), but then the game refused to load. It paused loading, saying this:

ModuleManager: 2962 patches applied, found 1 error
1 error related to GaeData/VenStockRevamp/Part Bin/Extra_Structural_Parts.cfg

The last thing it attempted to load was "Squad/Parts/Utility/commsAntennaDTS-M1/commsAntennaDTS-MA/mediumDishAntenna"

I have an output log I could send you, although I'm not sure how to upload it yet (I'm new at this).

Please fix these if you can, as I would very much appreciate it. =)

8 hours ago, Toa Aerrow said:

I'm playing in 1.3.1, and I'm finding a few of issues, mostly with the new parts you added in. Nothing game-breaking, but a little upsetting to me.

*snip snip*

Okay, I'm moderately certain you're using an old version, because I'm not seeing some of those issues.

I seem to recall some antennae being relays, but more importantly, they are certainly under the communications tab. Previous versions of KSP, and thus Ven's, didn't have a communications tab, and antennae were under science. This is the first bit of evidence to suggest you're not using the right version.

Furthermore, the docking port with a parachute is definitely in the right category for me, as is the Mk.1 cargo bay. The categories you describe them to be in are categories that did not exist in the game until a few versions ago. Because of that, it would certainly seem that you're using an older version.

Now, I'm no telepath, so here's what I reckon you've done, which is a perfectly reasonable thing to do, and I'm surprised I haven't seen more issues. You've clicked on the link on the OP to "Download VSR", and downloaded the latest release. That seems reasonable, right? :) Ven hasn't been involved much lately, you see. The mod's not dead, and Ven will occasionally come on and fix a few things, but people are using the Github to make updates and fixes, but they don't get put in a release. Here's what you need to do to get it working properly.

1. Go to this link: https://github.com/VenVen/Stock-Revamp
2. Click on the green button that says "Clone or Download", then click "Download ZIP"
3. Install as per any other mod
4. Enjoy your new non-ugly parts :)

I'm sorry to hear that you've been having troubles. If this hasn't fixed it, then we can take another look and see what's been going on. :)

5 hours ago, CommanderSmith said:

1. Go to this link: https://github.com/VenVen/Stock-Revamp
2. Click on the green button that says "Clone or Download", then click "Download ZIP"
3. Install as per any other mod
4. Enjoy your new non-ugly parts :)

I'm sorry to hear that you've been having troubles. If this hasn't fixed it, then we can take another look and see what's been going on. :)

Thanks! :)

This is a wonderful mod, and I have been designing a nuclear engine ship with the soft liquid fuel tanks, although i'm using Kerbal Atomics changing all nuclear engines to Lh2 engines instead of the normal liquid fuel.

I'm wondering if anyone knows how I (or someone else) add in the ability through a patch to change the tanks fuel type as well as adding the ability cooling for cooling those tanks like you can do with kerbal atomics!

If anyone knows how it would be great if you could let me know!

Does anyone know where the pathpatch for the HG-55 High Gain Antenna is? I'm trying to revert that part back to Stock, but just commenting out the info in the Utility.cfg file (below) isn't letting the part revert.

//@PART[HighGainAntenna] {
//    !MODEL{}
//    MODEL {
//        model = VenStockRevamp/Squad/Parts/ScienceParts/HG-55
//    }
//    %rescaleFactor = 1
//    @MODULE[ModuleDeployableAntenna] {
//        @animationName = HighGainDeploy
//        @pivotName = Dish_002
//        @secondaryTransformName = Reflector
//    }
//    @MODULE[ModuleDataTransmitter] {
//
//        @ProgressFxModules = 2
//    }
//    MODULE
//    {
//       name = ModuleAnimateGeneric
//       animationName = pulseEmitHighGainAntenna
//       isOneShot = false
//       startEventGUIName = Blink Lights
//       endEventGUIName = Blink Lights
//       allowManualControl = false
//    }
//}

If I remember right which I might not be but think it was one of this 
 @MODEL,* {
  @model ^= :^Squad/Parts/Utility/RelayAntennas/RA-5:VenStockRevamp/Part Bin/NewParts/FixedAntennas/SmallFixedAntenna:
 }
 @MODEL,* {
  @model ^= :^Squad/Parts/Utility/RelayAntennas/RA-50:VenStockRevamp/Part Bin/NewParts/FixedAntennas/MediumFixedAntenna:
 }

Whoops you mean what cfg it is ?   ( Utility.cfg )

Or are you looking for it in stock ? ( DirectAntennas / HG-5.cfg )

Edited by Mecripp

1. Why does Mk1 Command Pod have relative wing area of 0.35? It affects my rockets badly; Center of Lift is still ahead of the Center of Mass despite I add winglets to end of rocket.

2. How can I remove it?

Edit: It may not be an issue of VSR. Is it vanilla Mk1 Command Pod config?

Edited by CanOmer

It’s like that in bone stock KSP. There’s an obvious module you can remove from the cfg. But if that tiny aero surface is causing your rockets to flip, I’d say look to your rocket design or piloting first because it does not cause me any problems. And without it, the mk1 pod will flip nose-first on reentry and be very difficult to slow down to a safe speed before impact 

Edited by fourfa

I wanted to clean up my KSP to start a new career mode save today and reinstalled the game.

Unfortunately I can't seem to get this mod to work anymore. I am still using the same KSP version (1.3.1) and I tried 1.3.0 aswell. A lot of parts are just plain missing now while others are invisible or have texture issues.

Does anyone know the cause/fix for this?

This is what all the reactionwheels look like.

bxnsfZ1fRH6NbunxnClsTg.png

This is all engines I have now.

3CwyLya-Q6qg8QDHC4hycA.png

6 hours ago, eberkain said:

If you read back a bit someone suggested using the master of github, that is what I did and it seems to be working great. 

That's what I'm using. I tried all the versions I could find. x:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.