[1.2.2] Stock Part Revamp, Update 1.9.6. Released Source Files!

Ven

12 hours ago, eberkain said:

What other mods do you have installed?

Originally I had Kronal Vessel Viewer, Kerbal Engineer Redux and Kerbal Alarm Clock but currently I'm just trying to get it to work solo. Same thing still.

You do have module manager right?  If you move the VSR folder out of gamedata does that fix the base game?  I can attest that it works fine because I have alot of mods installed along side it right now.  Look carefully at the download, you may have to drill down a few folders to get to the one that goes into gamedata. 

22 hours ago, eberkain said:

You do have module manager right?  If you move the VSR folder out of gamedata does that fix the base game?  I can attest that it works fine because I have alot of mods installed along side it right now.  Look carefully at the download, you may have to drill down a few folders to get to the one that goes into gamedata. 

Yeah I do have Module Manager. I tried both the version that comes with the mod and the newest version from the module manager page. The mod worked fine before I reinstalled ksp. It's installed in the same way and on the same version which is why I'm so confused about this.

Hi Ven,

thank you for this really cool mod.

I'm just started using it in KSP 1.3.1 and I'm facing a strange issue: people in PPD-20 are not listed in the crew thumbnails nor shows their inventory.

At this link https://drive.google.com/open?id=1lL3y4EUJs2yXKoxw2WPehjH94OXS-LF7 you can find:

- KSP logs from a 1.3.1 vanilla installation with only Ven's Stock Revamp installed via CKAN

- saved "default" player game with a simple ship showing the issue (only a cupola with a PPD-20 attached)

- a screenshot showing Bill Kerman is in the PPD-20 but doesn't appear in the crew thumbnail list next Jebediah

Let me know if you need more data or you have trouble downloading the logs.

Thank you again

Galimba

when removing this mod is it supposed to break craft files? just wondering.

also, ive discovered radial attach problems when using ubiozurs welding mod, in conjunction with vens. see the link for some details. and heres a link to my onedrive for a picture of the issue. https://1drv.ms/f/s!AjOhSRn-M-XfjRyC9BdKJmkM6yxV

Edited by Jesusthebird

1 hour ago, CanOmer said:

I docked without using "deploy bumper" feature. What would happen if I use deploy bumper before docking?

Is it VSR feature or vanilla?

It's not vanilla. It just extends a bumper that prevents docking from happening. It's maybe useful if you want to line things up and make sure you've got the correct roll before actually docking.

It may just be me, but in the VAB it toggles fine, but in flight when I deploy bumper the deploy animation plays and then immediately resets to being not deployed. I'd be good with just removing the deploy bumper action if someone knows a MM patch to do that.  

I'm having an issue with the IKU-01. I can't seem to be able to deflate it, nor am I able to put any crew members in. Is this a bug with ksp 1.3.1, or something else? This is also an issue with the other inflatable pods. I'll supply a mod list later if needed.

Edited by RYU AZUKU99

2 hours ago, RYU AZUKU99 said:

I'm having an issue with the IKU-01. I can't seem to be able to deflate it, nor am I able to put any crew members in. Is this a bug with ksp 1.3.1, or something else? This is also an issue with the other inflatable pods. I'll supply a mod list later if needed.

Howdy,

I'm having a few issues with your mod when it comes to docking. When docking two of the basic (and by basic I mean the basic large Clamp-O-Tron for the Mk 1-2 Capsule) docking ports it MIGHT dock once, but it won't if it's attached to another ship. For example, say I launch a rocket and release my lander. I can MAYBE dock. Fine, I can dock twice. Afterward, if I try to dock that same lander to a space station - for later use - it won't, but the SAME DOCKING PORT on the command module will dock just fine. Anyway, I'm getting frustrated with it.

So I've created some radical designs and noted when I use CKAN to uninstall, the ships I made are gone. I'm thinking, okay, I'll just find and delete the files while under your mod and then it can run on stock. Problem is, I have no clue what these parts are. This is my request today.

The two parts that are causing my ships not to load in VAB after uninstalling your mod are:

-RadialLFOlong
-VeaLV9096

Can you please direct me to these specific parts so they will not cause any further problems? Furthermore, I know you've updated and the versions match between CKAN and yours. However, the only real issue is those docking ports - I mean seriously, that's the only issue and right now it's pretty much game breaking.

Any assistance will help! Thanks!

Edited by Drakomis

1 minute ago, Fr8monkey said:

The docking ports need to 'line up'.  On the port, there is a small black square.  Those need to match up to complete the dock.

You're probably right. I know I've been trying to test this issue for the past day, thinking it's ME that's causing these problems. However I've done it to where my lunar lander and command module was turned in completely different directions and it still docked. Then, in another sessions, no matter how I turned it just wouldn't.

I'll go back and take your advice. That's possibly why there's an issue. If it's still possible I'd love to know those parts though. If all this is, is because of my oversight, I'm completely fine keeping the mod. It's well done and it's a very nice addition with a lot of love and care.

Thanks for your help!

19 hours ago, Fr8monkey said:

The docking ports need to 'line up'.  On the port, there is a small black square.  Those need to match up to complete the dock.

Alright! I'm happy to report that after more testing, that was my problem. THANK YOU very much!

On 1/20/2018 at 9:11 PM, Drakomis said:

The two parts that are causing my ships not to load in VAB after uninstalling your mod are:

-RadialLFOlong
-VeaLV9096

Can you please direct me to these specific parts so they will not cause any further problems? Furthermore, I know you've updated and the versions match between CKAN and yours. However, the only real issue is those docking ports - I mean seriously, that's the only issue and right now it's pretty much game breaking.

Any assistance will help! Thanks!

RadialLFOlong is a radial mounted LFO tank akin to the stock 'Stratus-V Cylindrified Monopropellant Tank.'

The VenLV909b, is actually the LV-900.

I have no idea as to why the docking ports would be so inconsistent. If they were configured incorrectly on my end, then they would never dock, or would dock in the wrong place/direction.

Even if the game changed its way of handling docking ports over the past year, I keep going back to the reasoning above. *shrugs.*

I don't believe pointing you towards manually downloading the github repo would help, as the docking port has remained unchanged.

Check to see if others have the same issue in the stock game? Validate your game's install? Reinstall the game? Do you have any other mods?

On 1/20/2018 at 9:13 PM, Fr8monkey said:

8 hours ago, Drakomis said:

Alright! I'm happy to report that after more testing, that was my problem. THANK YOU very much!

The arrows are just cosmetic... They mean nothing. XD

5 hours ago, Ven said:

RadialLFOlong is a radial mounted LFO tank akin to the stock 'Stratus-V Cylindrified Monopropellant Tank.'

The VenLV909b, is actually the LV-900.

I have no idea as to why the docking ports would be so inconsistent. If they were configured incorrectly on my end, then they would never dock, or would dock in the wrong place/direction.

Even if the game changed its way of handling docking ports over the past year, I keep going back to the reasoning above. *shrugs.*

I don't believe pointing you towards manually downloading the github repo would help, as the docking port has remained unchanged.

Check to see if others have the same issue in the stock game? Validate your game's install? Reinstall the game? Do you have any other mods?

The arrows are just cosmetic... They mean nothing. XD

Thanks for the reply!

After a bit of testing, I found that if I turn the ship on its axis (i.e. roll left, roll right while remaining on target) that in certain positions it docks. Experimenting with vanilla docking produces a different result, as the docks can be aligned and docked in any orientation. This is not true for yours which is what I think Fr8monkey was talking about. After he stated that I found out that if I turn left and right, it will eventually align to the detailed "hooks" on your ports. Regardless, that really solved my problem!

Thank you for your mod, it really does make the game better. :)

i love the mod, its a staple of my list but i dont really like the shutters on the Cupola. (dont look good when i use the cupola as a rover cockpit.)

Would it be possible to have a button on the rightclick menu when in the VAB/SPH to toggle the shutters to "with" or "Without"

please?

Has anyone ever tried to setup the thrust plate / tankbutt parts as their own pieces so you can build with them wherever?   Is that even possible, I have no idea how the models are done. 

Edited by eberkain

On 26/01/2018 at 12:53 AM, C04L said:

i love the mod, its a staple of my list but i dont really like the shutters on the Cupola. (dont look good when i use the cupola as a rover cockpit.)

Would it be possible to have a button on the rightclick menu when in the VAB/SPH to toggle the shutters to "with" or "Without"

please?

Make a copy of the stock cupola and rename it :)

Peace.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.