[1.2.2] Stock Part Revamp, Update 1.9.6. Released Source Files!

Ven

On 5/14/2016 at 7:33 PM, Mr Betelgeuse said:

CTT Configs:

A long time ago, I made a quick patch that made a few things that added a new config to this mod. This basically implemented the new parts added with Ven's Stock Part Revamp to Community Tech Tree. Things like the Dachhound engine are unlocked before the reliant, and a couple changes with the SRBs. The Mk2VA cockpit is also unlocked before the MK2 (stock) cockpit, and the 2.5m Nova Nuclear engine is unlocked after the current 1.25m nuclear engine. This is for a sense of progression of engines. The Dachhound engine is much worse than the reliant/swivel, so it should be unlocked before.

To install:

First download and install Community Tech Tree (CTT) --> DOWNLOAD

Just download the file from Space Dock --> DOWNLOAD

And install it normally by extracting the gamedata folder within the file into the KSP directory. 

This patch works on all versions of KSP. 

I just tried this patch in 1.3.1 with the latest CKAN CTT and Ven's, and while it puts the Dachshund  engine in Basic Rocketry, the LV-T45 Swivel is also there.  Probably because stock moved it since. 

I copied this section and added '2' to fix it:

@PART[liquidEngine2]:NEEDS[CommunityTechTree]
{
        @TechRequired = generalRocketry
}

@Ven , could this patch be added to Stock Part Revamp?

Edited by lordcirth

I've noticed broken animation for the 3 inflatable module. After Having verified and tested files config, I have find why.

ModuleAnimateGeneric need an "actionGUIName = "

If you add "actionGUIName = Inflate" for the 3 module. Animation work fine.

Anyone know why the Pila and Aerobee engines don't show an ASL thrust?  I've looked through the configs and to me it seems fine.  I was going to use the Pila and wanted to make sure there wasn't something wrong with it before I did.  

On 5/1/2018 at 1:04 PM, Andrea Galimberti said:

Hi Ven,

thank you for this really cool mod.

I'm just started using it in KSP 1.3.1 and I'm facing a strange issue: people in PPD-20 are not listed in the crew thumbnails nor shows their inventory.

At this link https://drive.google.com/open?id=1lL3y4EUJs2yXKoxw2WPehjH94OXS-LF7 you can find:

- KSP logs from a 1.3.1 vanilla installation with only Ven's Stock Revamp installed via CKAN

- saved "default" player game with a simple ship showing the issue (only a cupola with a PPD-20 attached)

- a screenshot showing Bill Kerman is in the PPD-20 but doesn't appear in the crew thumbnail list next Jebediah

Let me know if you need more data or you have trouble downloading the logs.

Thank you again

Galimba

Hi again,

Could you please comment my post? It's a feature or a bug? If you need more info please let me know.

Regards

Galimba

On 19/10/2016 at 6:15 PM, Tarheel1999 said:

Here's another patch for Ven's Revamp.  This switches the engines using multiple nodes, e.g., the poodle, the terrier, from ModuleJettison to the new module introduced in 1.2, ModuleStructrualNode.  The advantage of ModuleStructuralNode is that the shroud shouldn't disappear when you reload the craft the way the current shrouds do.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/24301800/Vens_Engine_Fixes.cfg

Do you still have this file somewhere? The download link is broken, and I have the described issue of disappearing shrouds.

21 hours ago, KSPanier said:

Do you still have this file somewhere? The download link is broken, and I have the described issue of disappearing shrouds.

Here’s the mm patch. Just paste it into a cfg file. I have no idea if it stil, works though. 

Spoiler

//Switches to use new ModuleStructuralNode @PART[SSME|liquidEngine|liquidEngine2|liquidEngineMini|engineLargeSkipper]:FINAL

{

!MODULE[ModuleJettison],1 {}

MODULE

{

name = ModuleStructuralNode

rootObject = Size2A

attachNodeNames = top2

reverseVisibility = false

}    

}

@PART[nuclearEngine]:FINAL

{

!MODULE[ModuleJettison],2 {}

MODULE

{

rootObject = Size2A

attachNodeNames = top2

}    

}

@PART[liquidEngine3|liquidEngine2-2]:FINAL

{

MODULE

{

rootObject = Size2B

attachNodeNames = top2

}    

}

@PART[VenLV909b]:FINAL

{

!MODULE[ModuleJettison],0 {}

MODULE

{

rootObject = Size2B

attachNodeNames = top2

}    

}

@PART[liquidEngineMiniTurbo]:FINAL

{

MODULE

{

rootObject = Size2A

attachNodeNames = top2

}    

}

@PART[ionEngine]:FINAL

{

MODULE

{

rootObject = Size1B

attachNodeNames = top2

}    

}

@PART[microEngine|PoodleM]:FINAL

{

MODULE

{

rootObject = Size1B

attachNodeNames = top2

}    

}

@PART[LVT15]:FINAL

{

!MODULE[ModuleJettison] {}

MODULE

{

rootObject = Size2A

attachNodeNames = top2

}    

}

Alright, wheels are done so far, who wants to test them?

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ndeyd03pre6ko1m/AACAHWCLNDYI1byPu1H2yzCYa?dl=0

Going from stock to those is seamless for all except the large XL3 wheels. Those will do something weird and launch you up in the air when they're loaded for the first time. No idea why.

On 2/8/2018 at 7:37 AM, Tarheel1999 said:

Here’s the mm patch. Just paste it into a cfg file. I have no idea if it stil, works though.

The Poodle engine (liquidengine2-2) certainly won't work anymore, as it has a new model.  (The previous model now lives on as the "Gale" liquid engine, part name S2ServiceEngine.  Swapping that out should make the patch work.)

EDIT: However, there was a bug where KSP would treat the adapter as if it existed, even when it was disabled -- so using a size 2 engine in a size 1 stack would cause enormous drag, even if the size 2 tankbutt was hidden, so I wouldn't recommend using it.

Edited by Kerbas_ad_astra

5 hours ago, EmbersArc said:

Alright, wheels are done so far, who wants to test them?

Going from stock to those is seamless for all except the large XL3 wheels. Those will do something weird and launch you up in the air when they're loaded for the first time. No idea why.

I've just found in testing that the S2 and TR-2L wheels also give a jump when I "upgrade" on a vessel in-flight (testing with a Bug-E Buggy and Crater Crawler left lying around at KSC), though not quite to the same extent as the XL3s.  The M1 wheels (tested with the Prospector Rover) upgraded pretty smoothly.

Edit: I'm also finding that the XL3 isn't actually getting any traction?  The others work just fine.

Edited by Kerbas_ad_astra

Behoooold! It is done!

I shall henceforth be known as Master of Wheels, Conqueror of Colliders, Vanquisher of Suspensions. For I did not succumb to the powers that rule this arcane system.

...AMA I guess.

Many thanks @Kerbas_ad_astra for testing.

Can someone quickly verify my claims?

1 hour ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Definition of ama : a Japanese diver especially for pearls or food

That's the one! It's a very elaborate metaphor you know.

11 hours ago, Kerbas_ad_astra said:

Much better!  There's just a little 'bob' as physics loads, but that happens with stock rovers too.

Great! Yeah that seems to be normal. Should I open a pull request?

Not sure if this is just me but i noticed that the Mk16 chute (the first one you start with in career) has a bug where it wont slow you down as much. Stock it is about 7m/s but with the mod installed the shute only slows me down to 13m/s which is almost double.
Also I love this mod. The amount of detail that goes into this is amazing thank you so much

Edited by Zuthor
Better information

@Zuthor The Ven's configs for the small 0.625 node-mount chutes are bugged.  The Mk16 is supposed to be a main chute but is mistakenly config'ed as a drogue chute, the Mk26 drogue has the stats of a main chute but the light weight and lower cost of a drogue.  One of many errors that have never been corrected despite years of ignored bug reports in this thread.  Best you can do is fix it up yourself if you can.

3 minutes ago, fourfa said:

@Zuthor The Ven's configs for the small 0.625 node-mount chutes are bugged.  The Mk16 is supposed to be a main chute but is mistakenly config'ed as a drogue chute, the Mk26 drogue has the stats of a main chute but the light weight and lower cost of a drogue.  One of many errors that have never been corrected despite years of ignored bug reports in this thread.  Best you can do is fix it up yourself if you can.

Possibly installing RealChute will fix this? I use it myself; at the very least you can use the chutes it provides and configure them in the VAB. It's not just for RSS either; works fine with an otherwise stock install.

4 hours ago, fourfa said:

4 hours ago, cyberpunkdreams said:

Possibly installing RealChute will fix this? I use it myself; at the very least you can use the chutes it provides and configure them in the VAB. It's not just for RSS either; works fine with an otherwise stock install.

Its okay I just use more shoots ahah but hopefully it gets fixed some time :)

Are you (@Zuthor and @fourfa) using the latest version of VSR (direct from the repo, using the green "clone or download" button to get the zip file: https://github.com/VenVen/Stock-Revamp/)?  I just tried the stock "Jumping Flea" vessel and it landed at 4.5 m/s with VSR, and 6.8 m/s stock.  Also, there's no Mk 26 parachute anymore.

That's not to say that there's no room for further re-balancing of the parachutes, but I definitely recall Ven making a commit (which might have been a PR from me, but I'm not sure) which swapped the stats for the drogue and main chute to get everything back into alignment, more-or-less.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.