[1.2.2] Stock Part Revamp, Update 1.9.6. Released Source Files!

Ven

9 hours ago, SpacePanda said:

i also want texture to not permanently replace stock 

It would be nice if the parts where re-arranged in a manner that made it less complex than it was previously to add or remove individual items/reskins or groups of items (for example have all of the engines but none of the antenna). I used about 60-80% of Ven's mod almost from the first day I tried it but it was always devilish to fiddle the very large and oddly interconnected .cfg files.
I just came across the Patch Manager mod, it looks interesting in this regard.

On 4/10/2018 at 9:29 AM, woeller said:

This version is from realism overhaul and I have added Vens original license to ZIP File. It remains CC-BY-4.0 exactly as listed by Ven and in RO. Thank you for your note.

Thanks been traveling sorry for the late reply.

On ‎10‎.‎04‎.‎2018 at 1:47 AM, Delbrutis said:

The engine gimble works in game. It just does not have a working animation.

And it shouldn't. Aerospikes typically steer by differential throttling of thrust cells. The exhaust should gimbal, the engine shouldn't.

1 minute ago, DDE said:

And it shouldn't. Aerospikes typically steer by differential throttling of thrust cells. The exhaust should gimbal, the engine shouldn't.

Yep you are correct. But we were talking about the gimble on the mainsail model. I was  just looking for the Aerospike with the heat emmisive. No problem though.

Thanks

On 4/12/2018 at 9:51 AM, KatastrophicKonstellations said:

is this mod going to be updated to 1.4.1 and the making history expansion? I really dislike the new 3 man capsules design but love yours.

I'd like to see the VSR capsule back in the game, but not as a replacement for the new 3 man capsule. I actually like the new capsule for some uses. if you're adding it back in, please make it an additional part rather than a direct replacement.

2 hours ago, Tyko said:

I'd like to see the VSR capsule back in the game, but not as a replacement for the new 3 man capsule. I actually like the new capsule for some uses. if you're adding it back in, please make it an additional part rather than a direct replacement.

Honestly I can't stand the new pod, if it doesn't have that Nertia/Venn look to it I don't want it, haha. However it is one of Squad's better looking models. 

Also is there any chance that this mod could create a new model for that 1.25m to 0.625m service bay (From Making History) that is awkwardly oversized for the pod? I know I'm not the only one that dislikes that service bay... 

On 4/16/2018 at 4:09 PM, Semaj97 said:

Honestly I can't stand the new pod, if it doesn't have that Nertia/Venn look to it I don't want it, haha. However it is one of Squad's better looking models. 

Also is there any chance that this mod could create a new model for that 1.25m to 0.625m service bay (From Making History) that is awkwardly oversized for the pod? I know I'm not the only one that dislikes that service bay... 

It's easy to use MM to rescale that little service bay. It's a bit cramped, and kind of an odd part though. It doesn't have a pass through for crew in the center, so it's kind of cheating to put a docking port on top. I added a tunnel using a structural procedural part. That left room for 60% size parachutes and some FASA floats :D 

MM Config:

@PART[Size1to0ServiceModule]
{
    @rescaleFactor = 0.925
}

TO0yTC3.jpg

d7tNZhS.jpg

Edited by Tyko

On 16/04/2018 at 9:42 PM, Tyko said:

i think it would be cool if the revamped parts were added in as variants. like with the orange tank with its ability for a orange variant, a black and white variant etc. so not a complete overwrite of the Mk3 pod because i like some of the re-textured 1.4.1 parts.

Edited by KatastrophicKonstellations
spelling...

3 minutes ago, KnedlikMCPE said:

@TykoHow i use MM Config you sent to me?

Patience young padawan  :D    I just finished typing up the instructions in the other thread where you asked the same question  :P  Read all that and respond with any questions on that thread so we can keep the whole dialog together

1 hour ago, KatastrophicKonstellations said:

i think it would be cool if the revamped parts were added in as variants. like with the orange tank with its ability for a orange variant, a black and white variant etc. so not a complete overwrite of the Mk3 pod because i like some of the re-textured 1.4.1 parts.

Yea, that would be cool. I have a feeling that @Kerbas_ad_astra already has his hands full just updating the mod so it works. I proposed the simpler solution of just keeping both pods in the game for now just to save the extra step of implementing the part variant system.

Unfortunately, while it would be straightforward to make Ven's Mk1-2 model either a variant of the Mk1-3 or its own (accessible) part, neither solution is quite satisfactory.  VSR doesn't come with an IVA model for the Mk1-2 pod, as it relies on the stock IVA, but presumably that will be removed with a future release of KSP, and redistributing it would be legally challenging.  On the other hand, making Ven's model a variant of the Mk1-3 would cause the IVA to mismatch compared to Ven's model, and the RCS wouldn't work because the thruster transforms have different names on the two models.  I miiiiight be able to change that latter issue without having to use Blender, just with taniwha's io_object_mu python library.  That will wait, though.

20 hours ago, Kerbas_ad_astra said:

Unfortunately, while it would be straightforward to make Ven's Mk1-2 model either a variant of the Mk1-3 or its own (accessible) part, neither solution is quite satisfactory.  VSR doesn't come with an IVA model for the Mk1-2 pod, as it relies on the stock IVA, but presumably that will be removed with a future release of KSP, and redistributing it would be legally challenging.  On the other hand, making Ven's model a variant of the Mk1-3 would cause the IVA to mismatch compared to Ven's model, and the RCS wouldn't work because the thruster transforms have different names on the two models.  I miiiiight be able to change that latter issue without having to use Blender, just with taniwha's io_object_mu python library.  That will wait, though.

Would it?

It's one thing to bundle up old models (unmodified) and distribute them under a license that forbids commercial use -- I'm pretty sure that's not actually permitted by the EULA, but at least it doesn't bother Squad et al.  Incorporating a Squad internal model with a community-sourced outer model under a very permissive license would probably not pass muster.

Good news, everyone -- I found the right aerospike model!

ehrP11i.png

Rather than simply replacing Porkjet's model, I'm "draping" Ven's model over it.  That way, we get the nice VSR model but still have the 'shoulder' that Porkjet made, so it still looks good when tilted.

Spoiler

flhv67m.png

Edited by Kerbas_ad_astra

8 hours ago, putnamto said:

i love this mod but ive noticed that after i inflate any of the safety bubbles added by this mod and i put a kerbal inside of it im no longer able to eva, he's just trapped in their forevor.

The all-new Inflatable-KrakentubeTM!

5 hours ago, putnamto said:

i love this mod but ive noticed that after i inflate any of the safety bubbles added by this mod and i put a kerbal inside of it im no longer able to eva, he's just trapped in their forevor.

Well, it sounds like he's safe alright!  :wink:

I'll see what I can do about this -- there's been some changes in 1.4 for inflatable parts with crew capacity, to support the inflatable airlock part.

3 hours ago, Kerbas_ad_astra said:

Well, it sounds like he's safe alright!  :wink:

I'll see what I can do about this -- there's been some changes in 1.4 for inflatable parts with crew capacity, to support the inflatable airlock part.

Im  on 1.3.1.

When  I  get  inside  an  inflatable my  kerbals portrait  dissapears  complety

3 hours ago, putnamto said:

When  I  get  inside  an  inflatable my  kerbals portrait  dissapears  complety

Oh, if it's the portraits disappearing, you should be fine. Hover your mouse cursor over the door, and something saying "crew hatch" or similar should pop up. Just click, and it will let you EVA your crew, without needing the portraits.

Of course, if that doesn't work, then I'm sure the fine people here can come up with some fix, probably involving defining an IVA for that part. :) 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.