[1.2.2] Stock Part Revamp, Update 1.9.6. Released Source Files!

Ven

10 hours ago, Kardea said:

Not sure if anyone has experienced this bug recently, but I'm currently getting a bad one: in the editor, the "Open" button on the smaller of the two Service Bays is gone. There's a "toggle" button that does nothing, but no "Open" button, rendering the part useless as you can't place anything inside while it's closed. The 2.5m version of the bay works just fine. What's up?

What version of Ven's Stock Revamp (and Kerbal Space Program) are you using?  I don't have that issue on the dev version (VSR "1.9.99" and KSP 1.4.3).

6 hours ago, Kerbas_ad_astra said:

What version of Ven's Stock Revamp (and Kerbal Space Program) are you using?  I don't have that issue on the dev version (VSR "1.9.99" and KSP 1.4.3).

I haven't seen any link to a 1.9.99 'dev' version of the mod... just the 1.9.5 link on the main page and the Github is showing 1.9.6 from a link a page or two back before this comment... Where can I find 1.9.99?

Edit: Who the heck gave me negative rep for posting this? lol I've got a "poor" rep now for asking about a github version? Yeesh.

Edited by Kardea

21 hours ago, Kardea said:

I haven't seen any link to a 1.9.99 'dev' version of the mod... just the 1.9.5 link on the main page and the Github is showing 1.9.6 from a link a page or two back before this comment... Where can I find 1.9.99?

The following page shows all of the forks of this mod: https://github.com/VenVen/Stock-Revamp/network

I assume that Kerbas_ad_astra's "KSP_1.4" branch is the active development version. But someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Here's a direct link to the above-mentioned branch (because GitHub can be confusing to navigate if you aren't used to it):  https://github.com/Kerbas-ad-astra/Stock-Revamp/tree/KSP_1.4

Edited by d4harp

1 hour ago, d4harp said:

The following page shows all of the forks of this mod: https://github.com/VenVen/Stock-Revamp/network

I assume that Kerbas_ad_astra's "KSP_1.4" branch is the active development version. But someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Here's a direct link to the above-mentioned branch (because GitHub can be confusing to navigate if you aren't used to it):  https://github.com/Kerbas-ad-astra/Stock-Revamp/tree/KSP_1.4

Yep, that's the one I'm using!

8 hours ago, Tyko said:

@Kerbas_ad_astra - Love the way the 1.4 update is shaping up!!

Any chance you could please update the Mk5 Strip light so you can change the color of the light like you can on the Mk4 Point light?

Unfortunately, that's actually not a "light" per se -- it's just an animation, there's no illumination to have a color.

Anybody else having issues with the VSR large 2.5m hub (Extra-Large Rockomax HubMax Multi-Point Connector)? Had a 1.25m Clamp-O-Tron attached directly to one face of the hub, and a ship docked to it. When I went to undock the ship was pushed backwards (really more went flying away) from the hub at about 5 meters per second. Arr, there the Kraken blows!

After doing a little playing around with a Kerbal, it seems that at least in flight, the collider is behaving oddly. If I have a Kerbal on EVA fly into one of the facets of the cube, he bounces off about 1/3 of a meter (give or take) from the visible surface of the facet.

The VSR model for the stock 1.25m multi-point connector does not seem to exhibit this behavior.

Urrr?

Hi @Kerbas_ad_astra, thanks for the work you've put into the VSR tidy up. Found a  minor suggestion to include in your changes. This doesn't have any game effect.

Part: structuralPanel3 has the variables node_stack_top, node_stack_bottom, node_attach defined twice in part CFG Definition. Also the node_attach has two different positions

10 hours ago, d4harp said:

You are the wind beneath my wings. That's exactly what I was looking for, thanks!

On 6/8/2018 at 12:42 PM, Kerbas_ad_astra said:

Sadly, updating to the Dev branch hasn't fixed the issue. The 0.625m Service Bay is still showing no "Open" button. Just the normal stuff (including a Kerbal OS-related button) plus a useless "toggle" button that doesn't do anything. Could this be an interaction from another mod? Screenshot here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=10Sxp_muif6LGnsgS4A41XYoDZsBbuLYd

Edited by Kardea

I have 6 errors

KSP 1.4.3

Spoiler

[ERR 12:36:33.451] [ModuleManager] Error - Cannot parse variable search when replacing (%) key LF = #$RESOURCE[LiquidFuel]/maxAmount$

[WRN 12:36:33.451] [ModuleManager] Cannot find key LF in PART
[ERR 12:36:33.451] [ModuleManager] Error - Cannot parse variable search when replacing (%) key massOffset = #$LF$

[WRN 12:36:33.451] [ModuleManager] Cannot find key massOffset in PART
[ERR 12:36:33.451] [ModuleManager] Error - Cannot parse variable search when editing key mass = #$massOffset$

[ERR 12:36:33.451] [ModuleManager] Error - Cannot parse variable search when editing key mass = #$massOffset$

[ERR 12:36:33.451] [ModuleManager] Error - Cannot parse variable search when editing key cost = #$LF$

[ERR 12:36:33.451] [ModuleManager] Error - Cannot parse variable search when editing key cost = #$LF$

10 hours ago, -MadMan- said:

I have 6 errors

KSP 1.4.3

Hide contents

[ERR 12:36:33.451] [ModuleManager] Error - Cannot parse variable search when replacing (%) key LF = #$RESOURCE[LiquidFuel]/maxAmount$

[ERR 12:36:33.451] [ModuleManager] Error - Cannot parse variable search when replacing (%) key massOffset = #$LF$

That's probably coming from CryoTanks.  But it's odd, the patch should check for the presence of liquidFuel.  Would you mind posting your full KSP.log and ModuleManager.ConfigCache

20 hours ago, Kardea said:

You are the wind beneath my wings. That's exactly what I was looking for, thanks!

Sadly, updating to the Dev branch hasn't fixed the issue. The 0.625m Service Bay is still showing no "Open" button. Just the normal stuff (including a Kerbal OS-related button) plus a useless "toggle" button that doesn't do anything. Could this be an interaction from another mod? Screenshot here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=10Sxp_muif6LGnsgS4A41XYoDZsBbuLYd

That's not a part from Ven's Stock Revamp -- some other mod is cloning Squad's model, which is getting replaced by Ven's model, which uses a different animation name than Squad's, which makes the animation module stop working.  For my next trick, I'll guess that you're using KerBalloons.  (If you're not, please let me know what mod gives you the 0.625m service bay -- I'm working on a patch for KerBalloons, but if there's another mod I need to know so I can write a patch for it, too.)

Edited by Kerbas_ad_astra

39 minutes ago, Kerbas_ad_astra said:

That's not a part from Ven's Stock Revamp -- some other mod is cloning Squad's model, which is getting replaced by Ven's model, which uses a different animation name than Squad's, which makes the animation module stop working.  For my next trick, I'll guess that you're using KerBalloons.  (If you're not, please let me know what mod gives you the 0.625m service bay -- I'm working on a patch for KerBalloons, but if there's another mod I need to know so I can write a patch for it, too.)

Neat trick! :) Yep, I do indeed have Kerballoons installed. I guess I'll look forward to the patch to handle that particular hiccup. Great mod, though! The only thing I wish it could offer would be the ability to toggle between the legacy and Ven-version for each part. Most of the revamp parts are awesome, but I prefer the old-school Mk16 parachute look with it's shorter cord.

Hey @Kerbas_ad_astra, just downloaded your 1.4 branch to test things out on a clean install. Its definitely looking good!

I did notice a small issue that may not have come to your attention: the standard size clampotron docking port's new bumper animation seems bugged in both the VAB and in flight (extends but then retracts at end of animation)

All the other ports seem fine.

Edit: Weirdly enough, I was able to reproduce it once upon reloading the game but not since. Not sure what caused it. Will let you know with a log if it happens again.

Edited by Zorg

15 hours ago, blowfish said:

That's probably coming from CryoTanks.  But it's odd, the patch should check for the presence of liquidFuel.  Would you mind posting your full KSP.log and ModuleManager.ConfigCache

KSP Log

I dont have ModuleManager.ConfigCache. 

P.S. RoveMax model M1 doesn't work...it rotate, but vessel doesn't move...

Edited by -MadMan-

17 hours ago, -MadMan- said:

KSP Log

I dont have ModuleManager.ConfigCache. 

P.S. RoveMax model M1 doesn't work...it rotate, but vessel doesn't move...

Right, because errors would prevent it from generating.

It looks like the patch is in fact coming from Ven's - GameData/VenStockRevamp/Patches/SoftTanksLH2.cfg is badly broken.  I noticed that GameData/VenStockRevamp/Patches isn't included in the main download - is it even supported?

6 hours ago, blowfish said:

It looks like the patch is in fact coming from Ven's - GameData/VenStockRevamp/Patches/SoftTanksLH2.cfg is badly broken.  I noticed that GameData/VenStockRevamp/Patches isn't included in the main download - is it even supported?

Ouch...It was my mistake. I didn't delete old VSR. But RoveMax model M1 still doesn't work...

Can move

77AC7D6F85FD13332D93B7B7172E2D15D09EAD15

Can't move

15880A528167B044119275C7A9F03262442990B0

Stock wheels works fine

Edited by -MadMan-

10 hours ago, blowfish said:

In the log provided, @-MadMan- was using a previous version of Ven's Stock Revamp (version 1.9.8, from the version file), and CryoTanks had changed since that version's "release" (it didn't really get a proper release).  The patch on my dev branch has been updated to work with the last release of CryoTanks.

4 hours ago, -MadMan- said:

Ouch...It was my mistake. I didn't delete old VSR. But RoveMax model M1 still doesn't work...

Stock wheels works fine

Yes, I confirm that issue.  @EmbersArc, could you take a look at this?  The TR-2L wheels are also affected, but the S2 and XL3 are not.

3 hours ago, EmbersArc said:

Many thanks!  That TR-2L model works at 30 degrees positive camber, and the M1 works at 15 but not 30...I'm not sure if that's "not far enough" or fine as-is, but that's what I found in testing.

Speaking of colliders, could I also trouble you to look at this one?  I've just confirmed the issue in testing.  (The model in question is VenStockRevamp\Squad\Parts\Structural\LargeHub.mu.)

On 6/9/2018 at 10:45 PM, akardam said:

Anybody else having issues with the VSR large 2.5m hub (Extra-Large Rockomax HubMax Multi-Point Connector)? Had a 1.25m Clamp-O-Tron attached directly to one face of the hub, and a ship docked to it. When I went to undock the ship was pushed backwards (really more went flying away) from the hub at about 5 meters per second. Arr, there the Kraken blows!

After doing a little playing around with a Kerbal, it seems that at least in flight, the collider is behaving oddly. If I have a Kerbal on EVA fly into one of the facets of the cube, he bounces off about 1/3 of a meter (give or take) from the visible surface of the facet.

The VSR model for the stock 1.25m multi-point connector does not seem to exhibit this behavior.

Urrr?

In the recent 1.4 build the Mystery Goo container is bigger than stock. the model is scaled to 1.2x according to the config. Was this intentional? I know that some previous versions of VSR the part had been scaled differently...

40 minutes ago, Tyko said:

In the recent 1.4 build the Mystery Goo container is bigger than stock. the model is scaled to 1.2x according to the config. Was this intentional? I know that some previous versions of VSR the part had been scaled differently...

I can't speak for Ven, but I don't think it should be bigger than stock.  I'll take a look.

13 hours ago, Kerbas_ad_astra said:

Speaking of colliders, could I also trouble you to look at this one?  I've just confirmed the issue in testing.  (The model in question is VenStockRevamp\Squad\Parts\Structural\LargeHub.mu.)

Thanks for looking into this.

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/9/2018 at 8:18 PM, Kerbas_ad_astra said:

Unfortunately, that's actually not a "light" per se -- it's just an animation, there's no illumination to have a color.

Maybe there could be a white version? or different versions for a couple different colors? Understand it's not able to change colors, but maybe alt versions?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.