[1.2.2] Stock Part Revamp, Update 1.9.6. Released Source Files!

Ven

16 hours ago, Kerbas_ad_astra said:

I understand there's a way to assign them different weights or something for ModuleEnginesFX?  Can you tell me anything about that?

RealPlume expects different names for the thrust transforms in order to be able to assign different plume types. If the names match then any secondary plume definition (type, size, placement) will always be overridden by the first one, no matter what.

In the above engine example, assigning "Kerolox-Lower" to the core engine automatically (and incorrectly) makes the verniers also use that plume, although the verniers should use "Kerolox-Vernier".

RealPlume example with a plume setup for a similar engine (note the checks for the different thrust transform names)

Hey,

Thanks for the great mod first of all, it makse the original parts so much better.

But I have found some issues. ( Sorry if it was already mentioned before me ) The "Aerodynamic Nose Cone" have the same texture issue that the engine adapter plates have/ had. Also the "FL T-800" fuel tank is smaller than it should be, the nodes are away from the modell and it doesn't fit with the other, same diameter tanks.

I have a question regarding the "Clamp-O-Tron Docking Port". At the moment it does look different than the other docking ports, looks a bit like the original Squad version, but a bit different. Is it changed accidentaly/purposely, or is it caused by an other mod? I remember a few weaks before it was just like the Clamp-O-Tron MK16 XXL Docking port. If it is caused by an other mod than do you have any ideas why could that happen?

Thanks for the help.

58 minutes ago, BlitzCadet said:

Hey,

Thanks for the great mod first of all, it makse the original parts so much better.

But I have found some issues. ( Sorry if it was already mentioned before me ) The "Aerodynamic Nose Cone" have the same texture issue that the engine adapter plates have/ had. Also the "FL T-800" fuel tank is smaller than it should be, the nodes are away from the modell and it doesn't fit with the other, same diameter tanks.

I have a question regarding the "Clamp-O-Tron Docking Port". At the moment it does look different than the other docking ports, looks a bit like the original Squad version, but a bit different. Is it changed accidentaly/purposely, or is it caused by an other mod? I remember a few weaks before it was just like the Clamp-O-Tron MK16 XXL Docking port. If it is caused by an other mod than do you have any ideas why could that happen?

Thanks for the help.

Welcome to the forum. When you're reporting an issue it's really helpful to make sure there isn't an interaction with another mod you're using. The way I do it is to create another install of KSP just for testing. Then I can limit that copy of the game to the mod I'm checking and it's dependencies.

Edited by Tyko

On 1/30/2019 at 2:51 AM, Tyko said:

Welcome to the forum. When you're reporting an issue it's really helpful to make sure there isn't an interaction with another mod you're using. The way I do it is to create another install of KSP just for testing. Then I can limit that copy of the game to the mod I'm checking and it's dependencies.

Thank you for the advice, I didnt think about that, but it was helpfull. I found out it was an other mod changeing the Clamp-O-Tron dockingport. So I apologize bichause of that.

But the texture issues are still a thing. The items are: FL-T800 Fuel TankAerodynamic Nose ConeTVR-2160C Mk2 Stack Quad-CouplerTVR-200L Stack Bi-AdapterTVR-300L Stack Tri-AdapterTVR-400L Stack Quad-Adapter

Looks like the rest is fine.

@Kerbas_ad_astra There's an issue with the Skipper engine where its shroud clips through the part above it in the stack, and its bell comes very close to clipping through the part below its decoupler.  As far as I know, this problem is unique to the Skipper... though I might only notice it there because I use it as a 2nd-stage engine often.

This screenshot a simple fuel tank > engine > decoupler setup with the Skipper on the left and Poodle on the right - the Skipper is highlighted to show the shroud clipping up through the tank.  Ven Stock Revamp v1.10.0 is the only mod installed here, on KSP v1.4.5

6ePhimH.jpg

The clipping is enough to have stages 'stick' together after decoupling, oftentimes badly enough that they can't be knocked loose without damaging the upper stage.  Sorry if this has been fixed already, but I haven't seen any mention of it in commits on github.

14 hours ago, BlitzCadet said:

Thank you for the advice, I didnt think about that, but it was helpfull. I found out it was an other mod changeing the Clamp-O-Tron dockingport. So I apologize bichause of that.

But the texture issues are still a thing. The items are: FL-T800 Fuel TankAerodynamic Nose ConeTVR-2160C Mk2 Stack Quad-CouplerTVR-200L Stack Bi-AdapterTVR-300L Stack Tri-AdapterTVR-400L Stack Quad-Adapter

Looks like the rest is fine.

Are you sure you're using the most up-to-date version from the KSP 1.6 branch (the green "Clone or download" button)?  I'm pretty sure I've fixed all of these.  Likewise @TicTac, that's been fixed on the 1.6 branch in this commit.

Edited by Kerbas_ad_astra

1 hour ago, Kerbas_ad_astra said:

Are you sure you're using the most up-to-date version from the KSP 1.6 branch (the green "Clone or download" button)?  I'm pretty sure I've fixed all of these.  Likewise @TicTac, that's been fixed on the 1.6 branch in this commit.

Yeah, sorry I missed that one.

The parts I mentioned are seems to be fixed, although the selective textures on those parts (fuel tank and nose cone)  are still haveing some issues. But that's not that big of an issue. More like a reminder.

So thank you and keep up the great work buddy! ;) 

On 1/26/2019 at 8:38 AM, Kerbas_ad_astra said:

Again, if nothing comes up this week, I'll package up a proper release and make a new thread:

Changes for KSP 1.6:

• Ven's old Poodle model returns to revamp Squad's revamped Poodle model.
  • Ven's engine models now overwrite Squad's revamped Poodle, Spark, Terrier, RT-5, and RT-10 engine models.
    • RT-10-G SRB removed.

I was waiting or VSR to get updated for 1.6 before I started using 1.6. VSR is that important that it is effectively stock for me now. Even though its been said before, thanks for all the work you do to keep this mod going.

I just recently started messing around with the VSR 1.6 branch linked above on KSP 1.6.1. So far everything looks great, but I noticed a few very minor things:

- The new (old) Poodle has lost the variant switch (Bare/Shroud Big) ability. Only 2.5m is available and no more 1.25m. Unless this was intentional.

- T-1 Aerospike has variant switch with only one variant available as if that Module was inadvertently added to the config file.

Cheers,

• 2 weeks later...

I found a bug, the green connectors aren't properly placed. I'm using a Swivel and the mod's Grasshopper isn't working either.

I'm using 1.6.1 with the 1.6 branch.

connectors > textures so I think I'll be using the 1.9.6 again

Spoiler

FwFfxZg.png

Edited by skkooma_

On 2/15/2019 at 1:32 PM, skkooma_ said:

I found a bug, the green connectors aren't properly placed. I'm using a Swivel and the mod's Grasshopper isn't working either.

I'm using 1.6.1 with the 1.6 branch.

connectors > textures so I think I'll be using the 1.9.6 again

Reveal hidden contents

FwFfxZg.png

Which version of this mod are you using and where'd you get it? I wanna go back to it but idk if it works or if it is even updated for 1. 6.1 

Shroud (tankbutt) switching for the Poodle is back (@Stratickus -- and by the way, it is intentional to have the 'single variant' to suppress Squad's fairing) and heat shield nodes are fixed (@woeller).

Still on the agenda:

• Rename the Size2MedEngine's vernier transforms (@Phineas Freak)
  • Adjust fairing sizes and node placements of the Poodle, Swivel, and Reliant, to reduce the nozzle's interference with parts attached below.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Does anyone have an elegant solution to bring back the deprecated parts in 1.7? 

I still prefer the VSR decouplers and in 1.7 they have been deprecated. Is the only way to bring the parts back is to take them from GameData > Squad > zDeprecated and put them back in GameData > Squad > Parts?

Or is there a simpler way via MM or something?

Cheers,

Modder looking to ensure compatibility rather than end-user / player. Zero prior knowledge about details of this mod, hope someone can save me some time by answering these quick questions so I don't have to spend too much time digging.

- I heard this mod has parts that are inflatable or otherwise changes crew capacity. Which are they?

- Have these parts (especially their PartModule plugin code handling animation / dynamic crew capacity) changed significantly between KSP 1.3 to present?

- Which is authoritative/maintained fork at this point in time? Is it @Kerbas_ad_astra's https://github.com/Kerbas-ad-astra/Stock-Revamp?

Thanks in advance.

On 4/24/2019 at 6:30 AM, cakepie said:

Modder looking to ensure compatibility rather than end-user / player. Zero prior knowledge about details of this mod, hope someone can save me some time by answering these quick questions so I don't have to spend too much time digging.

- I heard this mod has parts that are inflatable or otherwise changes crew capacity. Which are they?

- Have these parts (especially their PartModule plugin code handling animation / dynamic crew capacity) changed significantly between KSP 1.3 to present?

- Which is authoritative/maintained fork at this point in time? Is it @Kerbas_ad_astra's https://github.com/Kerbas-ad-astra/Stock-Revamp?

Thanks in advance.

The latest is the Kerbas branch you linked above. You'll note that he has a branch that was been worked on for 1.6 as recently as 2 months ago. I'd use that one.

• 3 weeks later...

I liiiiiive...

• Renamed the Size2MedEngine's vernier transforms (@Phineas Freak)
  • Adjusted fairing sizes and node placements of the Poodle, Swivel, and Reliant, to reduce the nozzle's interference with parts attached below.

Next on the agenda: developing against KSP 1.7.  I'm planning to suppress Squad's new engine models in favor of Ven's.  Then, I'll look at the USI-LS patch.  After that...provided nothing else needs attention...I'll see about making a new thread and release next week.

Alright, the new models are suppressed and the USI-LS patch is updated.  Have at it and let me know if there's still anything that needs addressing: https://github.com/Kerbas-ad-astra/Stock-Revamp/tree/KSP_1.7

Edit: Now that KSP 1.7.1 has a release date, I probably will release the weekend after that (i.e. not this weekend, but maybe June 1).

Edited by Kerbas_ad_astra

• 2 weeks later...

Question from a noob perspective.

I've been playing with the 1.2.2 version for my KSP 1.5.1.
Just updated to 1.7.0, and I'm looking at adding Restock mod. Though there's conflicting parts then, expected.

Is there a way to keep my fuel tanks in use from VSR, but mainly use Restock?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.