[1.2.2] Stock Part Revamp, Update 1.9.6. Released Source Files!

Ven

I think what will work for you is to delete:

• Everything from VenStockRevamp/Squad except VenStockRevamp/Squad/Data/Parts.cfg, VenStockRevamp/Squad/Parts/Propulsion (the folder where the fuel tank models are stored)
  • Everything from VenStockRevamp/Part Bin/ except VenStockRevamp/Part Bin/Data/Tanks.cfg, VenStockRevamp/Part Bin/NewParts/SoftTanks/, and VenStockRevamp/Part Bin/NewParts/CryoTanks
  • VenStockRevamp/PathPatches

Since you've asked about Restock, I've got a new to-do items before a 1.7.x release to move some models and configs around so that the new parts (e.g. the 1x3 mini deployable solar panel) only draw from models and textures in the Part Bin folder (currently some of them use files in the Squad folder).  This will make it easier to migrate from Ven's Stock Revamp to Restock if that's your fancy, by making it easy to delete the configs that modify Squad's parts (and the models they use, saving memory) without losing parts added by VSR (avoids save breakage).

23 hours ago, subyng said:

What folders should I copy if I just want the new parts and not any of the replacement ones?

Or is there any way to know what parts will conflict with Restock?

Right now, you'll have to crawl through the Part Bin/Data config files, tally up and keep the referenced models from the Squad subdirectory, and then figure out which texture files they need.  Probably not a task that will take longer than 30 minutes, but it's not as fun as playing KSP.  In a couple weeks (can't get to it this weekend because of travel) I'll get it sorted so you can just delete the Squad subdirectory and be done with it.

5 minutes ago, SirNooblyOfficial said:

Hey, the inflatable Habs dont works, they are inflated already

Are you still using KSP 1.2.2? Because the version of this mod in the OP hasn't been updated since then.

Edited by lordcirth

• 1 month later...

I've finished disentangling Ven's new parts from the revamps to stock parts; if you just want the new parts, you can delete the "Squad" and "PathPatches" folders, and for just the revamps, you can delete the "Part Bin" folder.

I hope this will be the final commit before I make a proper release: https://github.com/Kerbas-ad-astra/Stock-Revamp/tree/KSP_1.7

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/10/2019 at 2:59 AM, Kerbas_ad_astra said:

I've finished disentangling Ven's new parts from the revamps to stock parts; if you just want the new parts, you can delete the "Squad" and "PathPatches" folders, and for just the revamps, you can delete the "Part Bin" folder.

I hope this will be the final commit before I make a proper release: https://github.com/Kerbas-ad-astra/Stock-Revamp/tree/KSP_1.7

glad you're keeping this alive, is there a dev forum I can follow?

On 8/9/2019 at 6:59 PM, Kerbas_ad_astra said:

@Kerbas_ad_astra Thanks for keeping this up! I followed your link but I can't find a download link to versions 1.12.0 or 1.13.0.

I recently transferred my save from KSP 1.6.1 to 1.7.3 and all my solar panels are dead (frozen and no right click menu items). I'm hoping your latest version of Ven's could be the answer. Thanks.

Not sure if anyone’s said this yet, but to get back the old mk1-2 pod, go into /Gamedata/squad/zDeprecated/parts/command or something like that, and you’ll find the old mk1-2. Go into its config and find “Tech Hidden” and change it from true to false. Now go into the advanced search and click on the parts tab and then module.

Is it possible to somehow disable engine gimbal react times?

SAS is not able to keep my rockets stable during burns, which is especially annoying with Principia, where high precision is very important.

Edited by Delay

• 1 month later...

I've made an update to work with KSP 1.8 (just had to adjust to the Mk7 nose cone's new variant): https://github.com/Kerbas-ad-astra/Stock-Revamp/tree/KSP_1.8

I'm torn on the new service bays...on the one hand, I can see how the low-footprint opening might be preferable to some uses, but on the other, the texture has a lot of high-density detailing that doesn't fit in well with the rest of Ven's stuff.  I'm inclined to suppress the new models, unless people feel strongly enough that I should make them separate parts (I don't think I can make them variants...to my knowledge, that system doesn't play well with functional elements like animations)?

@Kerbas_ad_astra

Seems like the "Radial Reaction Wheel" (ingame name) is oriented wrong. When placed it clips half into whatever it is placed on. The part needs to be rotated (one press of 'D') to point correctly.
I don't think it's necessary to make a fix for that, after all it doesn't mess with functionality. However I'd like to make that change so it points in the right direction on default. How would I do that?

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/26/2019 at 6:36 PM, Delay said:

@Kerbas_ad_astra

Seems like the "Radial Reaction Wheel" (ingame name) is oriented wrong. When placed it clips half into whatever it is placed on. The part needs to be rotated (one press of 'D') to point correctly.
I don't think it's necessary to make a fix for that, after all it doesn't mess with functionality. However I'd like to make that change so it points in the right direction on default. How would I do that?

No problem, it's fixed now.  (Also fixed the S3 fuel tanks.)

Hey, look what I did:

I'm finally satisfied enough with the state of my fixes to make a proper release: VSR v1.14.0 "Terminal Guidance"!

Major changes since Ven's last release:

• Updated to work with KSP 1.8!  Lots of tinkering along the way to fit Ven's parts into Squad's variant system (or to suppress Squad's models, in the case of the engines, or to fit alongside them in the case of the ADTP-2-3 -- Squad's is a fuel tank, Ven's is hollow).
  • The SpaceX legs and revamped wheels return!
  • Some improvements to node placements and engine fairing sizes to help things fit together better.
  • Part files are rearranged so that users can delete all of the new parts (Part Bin) or revamps of stock parts (PathPatches & Squad), to allow users to more easily try out ReStock.

• 5 months later...

Hey, is there a way i can use the mk1 pod from this mods previous versions in the newer versions of ksp? The new stock one looks good but I've fallen in love with this mods verison.

41 minutes ago, euaneac said:

Hey, is there a way i can use the mk1 pod from this mods previous versions in the newer versions of ksp? The new stock one looks good but I've fallen in love with this mods verison.

If you get the new version I've been updating, Ven's Mk1 pod is made the default variant:

Turns out i got the wrong name for the pod, the pod i was meant to be talking about was the mk1-3 (which has been reworked):P. They renamed it from the mk 1-2.

Edited by Guest

I had left that model alone because the new IVA for the Mk 1-3 pod does not line up quite right with Ven's model (the windows in particular are in new locations), and I definitely don't have the skill to make my own.  That said, let me know what you think:

comparison_2.png

Top: Ven's Mk1-2 with Squad's Mk1-2 IVA.  Middle: Ven's Mk1-2 with Squad's Mk1-3 IVA.  Bottom: Squad's Mk1-3 with Squad's Mk1-3 IVA.

Edited by Kerbas_ad_astra

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/3/2020 at 11:24 PM, Kerbas_ad_astra said:

I had left that model alone because the new IVA for the Mk 1-3 pod does not line up quite right with Ven's model (the windows in particular are in new locations), and I definitely don't have the skill to make my own.  That said, let me know what you think:

comparison_2.png

Top: Ven's Mk1-2 with Squad's Mk1-2 IVA.  Middle: Ven's Mk1-2 with Squad's Mk1-3 IVA.  Bottom: Squad's Mk1-3 with Squad's Mk1-3 IVA.

Sorry for such a late reply have had a stupid amount of course work, anyway i really don't mind not having the new mk1-3 IVA in vens mk1-2, that said the middle one looks great as well, did you just cut out the windows from the mk1-3 IVA to fit onto vens mk1-2? :D.

• 5 months later...
On 7/25/2015 at 12:37 AM, Mekan1k said:

Anyone have a fix for the turbojet's connection node? It connects the engine to the node at a point that is just a little too-far away for it to fit the mk1 spaceplane parts smoothly.

What Version did you get that from?

• 1 month later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.