[1.2.2] Stock Part Revamp, Update 1.9.6. Released Source Files!

Ven

I can confirm some solar panels are broken, also, the bigger inflatable hab has no crew capacity, even when inflated.

I liked the new parts, but gonna have to revert. Already got some ships with the affected panels.

Is it intended, that the mainsail engine only gimbles in 1 axis anymore?

Very frustrating until I've found out... BTW, it's caused by the change from "gimbalTransformName = thrustTransform" to "gimbalTransformName = Nozzle"

BR
Rob

Edited by Rob2222

On 1/6/2016 at 7:01 AM, Atmoz said:

Hello world and sorry for my bad english !

Could someone explain to me how I can use this mod, but still keep some squad textures ?

I like the revamp but for example, i prefer the yellow stock fuel duct !  Or The OX-4L are more larger

So how to keep some stock textures and some revamp textures... and of course keep added parts !

Thanks

you should be able to just remove the .mu files under VenStockRevamp/Squad/Parts. FuelPipe is under CompoundParts.

2 hours ago, darvo110 said:

you should be able to just remove the .mu files under VenStockRevamp/Squad/Parts. FuelPipe is under CompoundParts.

You also need to edit the patches so that it doesn't change the model.

Or write another patch that runs after the pack's, to put the bits back/remove the bits you don't want - that way you don't have to do it every time you update the pack. You can just use the pack's patch files for reference for that.

Edited by Van Disaster

17 hours ago, Rodger said:

I'm not sure if it's the LVT15, it could be the command pod. Ven moves the center of mass of both the mk1 and mk1-2 to make them off-center. You can edit the patch in VenStocRevamp/Squad/Parts/Command.cfg to change it back, just set "CoMOffset" to all 0s

So that's why my rockets all started going west....

On 2/6/2016 at 5:55 AM, blowfish said:

You also need to edit the patches so that it doesn't change the model.

Thank you !

So if i edit the patches files is that only change the model / texture or does it also change the config like position, dragModifier, scale, CoMOffset, ... ?

Edited by Atmoz

7 hours ago, Atmoz said:

Thank you !

So if i edit the patches files is that only change the model / texture or does it also change the config like position, dragModifier, scale, CoMOffset, ... ?

It's easiest to just remove the patch that modifies a particular part.  A lot of the other changes depend on stuff in the model.

I can't find a download for the pruners (and really do not understand why you won't include them on CKAN), Is there even one? I don't really have the bandwidth to download this twice, I'm hours away from having all the other mods downloaded as it is.

Edited by Requia

48 minutes ago, Requia said:

I can't find a download for the pruners (and really do not understand why you won't include them on CKAN), Is there even one? I don't really have the bandwidth to download this twice, I'm hours away from having all the other mods downloaded as it is.

You can view the Pruners directory from the source repo and download all the (most likely for yourself) .bat files for each category to a folder in the root KSP directory: https://github.com/VenVen/Stock-Revamp/tree/master/Pruners

Download them all and then just run them. You can verify they have worked by going into one of the asset part folders in the GameData\Squad directory and it will have renamed the .mu and .dds files for those parts as expected.

Had a lot of Problems last weeks to MechJeb-Dock to my Science and EPL-Staions around Mun and Minmus.
Also with (loosing texture from MPL and wired Station jumps..)
Only workaround i could find was quicksave and restart KSP to continue.
Now it seems to work correct again.

(I never expected that it could be Vens Stock Revamp.)

Many many thanks to all user, testers, feedbackers and of course Ven for that really really great mod.

(PS: but it doesnt help with the half or full hourly silent quit "back-to-desktop". No crit, just telling.)

Edited by Jansn67

1 hour ago, Poodmund said:

You can view the Pruners directory from the source repo and download all the (most likely for yourself) .bat files for each category to a folder in the root KSP directory: https://github.com/VenVen/Stock-Revamp/tree/master/Pruners

Download them all and then just run them. You can verify they have worked by going into one of the asset part folders in the GameData\Squad directory and it will have renamed the .mu and .dds files for those parts as expected.

No you can't, if you try to download you get the html file for a webpage instead of the file.

26 minutes ago, Requia said:

No you can't, if you try to download you get the html file for a webpage instead of the file.

You just right click on the link to the files and chose 'Save link as...".

Edited by Poodmund

First let me say thanks for the nice mod!

I understand some issues was happen with Version 1.9.3 and the new Version 1.9.4 will fix this.

Please apologize, maybe my englisch to bad or I am not technical enough, normally I use ckan but in this case I download the Version 1.9.4 and clear for me put in in the GameData but on top I found 2 Folder called "Pruners and un-pruners".

Please can you let me know what they do (I read something for RAM saving, which I dont kneed in the 64 bit Version with 32 GB right?) where I need to put and maybe run the Batch files? (un-pruners?)

Many Thanks in advance!

13 hours ago, Poodmund said:

You just right click on the link to the files and chose 'Save link as...".

That also saves an html, you have to open each file and click on RAW to open it open right-click on RAW and choose "save as".

Edited by Gordon Dry

Hi!

I've delayed an acquaintance with this mod for quite some time until recently.

Well, I totally love it!

But a fresh look caught some minor things:

Large monoprop tanks: too much empty space?
Mk1-2 RCS ports and Mk1 RCS module use 3-way trusters in single plane, which is redundant. (see my Comprehensive RCS chart)
Some size+1 tankbutts, like on Terrier and Spark: they look way too bulky and heavy, some with useless spherical tanks.
Terrier could use a larger nozzle (move combustion chamber up to preserve part geometry).
105-7P Thunder's guts do not make any sense.
No side-thruster on escape tower.
Z-400 battery radically changes geometry.
No guts around Poodle's nozzle? (Great nozzle btw).
Multi-nozzle SRBs. That was already covered in the thread.
Stock lander cans have no bottom hatches, that is a valid challenge with CLS.
Stock 2.5m battery has hatch texture in the center, seems reasonable.

Ideas for enhancements:
More RCS thrusters, see my Comprehensive RCS again )
Vector could use some guts, like a chunk of turbopump sticking out under upper shell.

Edited by Psycho_zs

1 hour ago, Gordon Dry said:

That also saves an html, you have to open each file and click on RAW to open it open right-click on RAW and choose "save as".

Well not for me, I must be doing something magical:

Hey, @Ven. After having a tankbutt disappear on me as usual, I've decided to recommend that you take a look at what @Nertea did with his Cryogenic Engines. He uses a removable frame apparently working through the B9 executable. I don't think it would be affected like the faux-fairings are.

Hello, I had a problem when playing with FAR :

Whenever I build a rocket, the Center of Lift is misplaced (or doesn't move at all). I tought it might be a visual bug, but when the rocket was launche, one could immediately see that the CoL was wrong.

I removed one by one the folders and it seems that the trouble comes from the engines.

Ven's Stock Part Revamp is an awesome mod, and so is FAR, so if I can help to bring this bug down, don't hesitate to tell me how :)

Is anyone else having issues with the docking ports in 1.9.4? I'm finding that it feels like the ModuleDockingNode transforms may not exist on the models and therefore the ports refuse to dock or attract to each other?

1 hour ago, Poodmund said:

Is anyone else having issues with the docking ports in 1.9.4? I'm finding that it feels like the ModuleDockingNode transforms may not exist on the models and therefore the ports refuse to dock or attract to each other?

The docking ports are broken

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.