[1.2.2] Stock Part Revamp, Update 1.9.6. Released Source Files!

Ven

I do as well, do you use FAR ? I do and the engines are note compatible with FAR... it makes the whole rocket flip over and ... well you know the end...

I uninstalled Ven's mod until I can figure this out.

41 minutes ago, Buisson said:

I do as well, do you use FAR ? I do and the engines are note compatible with FAR... it makes the whole rocket flip over and ... well you know the end...

I uninstalled Ven's mod until I can figure this out.

Not using far,

Sorry - don't know if this is a known issue or not. I installed this mod & tried to attach a Terrier engine to a 1.25 meter fuel tank. The tankbutt was 2.5 meter. Is there a setting that makes the tankbutt automatically conform to the size of the part it is attached to? If so, will it conform to non-standard sizes (like the 1.875 meter size used by Mark One Laboratory Extensions)?

26 minutes ago, Bombaatu said:

Sorry - don't know if this is a known issue or not. I installed this mod & tried to attach a Terrier engine to a 1.25 meter fuel tank. The tankbutt was 2.5 meter. Is there a setting that makes the tankbutt automatically conform to the size of the part it is attached to? If so, will it conform to non-standard sizes (like the 1.875 meter size used by Mark One Laboratory Extensions)?

There are two stack nodes which are pretty close together.  One has the 2.5m tankbutt and one does not.

22 hours ago, Table said:

The docking ports are broken

Ah, I read that people were having issues with the bumpers but didn't realise it was known that they are not functioning. Do you happen to know the last version that they were working?

12 hours ago, Poodmund said:

Ah, I read that people were having issues with the bumpers but didn't realise it was known that they are not functioning. Do you happen to know the last version that they were working?

Is this the Docking Camera issue (double bumpers)?  They work great if you remove or update the Docking Camera mod.  

11 hours ago, Probus said:

Is this the Docking Camera issue (double bumpers)?  They work great if you remove or update the Docking Camera mod.  

Not that I am aware of, the ports just would not magnetize and pull or dock even if you bumped slowly straight at the ports. Gonna go test a few things.

EDIT: Seems all the other ports are fine except for dockingport2 and dockingport3; being the regular, Clamp-o-tron Docking Port and the Clamp-o-tron Jnr. Does this tie into what others are experiencing?

Edited by Poodmund

Does anyone know why this happens with the RD-253/RD-275 and how to fix it (if it is caused by the revamp)?

Also, once I detach the launch stages and reattach them, the CoL is somewhere below the capsule's parachute.

5 minutes ago, TeiwazVIE said:

Does anyone know why this happens with the RD-253/RD-275 and how to fix it (if it is caused by the revamp)?

Also, once I detach the launch stages and reattach them, the CoL is somewhere below the capsule's parachute.

Perhaps you should ask the RO people since that's changing VSR pretty heavily in that install.

@Ven: It looks like your new models for the Mainsail, Skipper, Rhino, and I believe the Poodle and Terrier as well all cause voxelization errors with FAR.  All of the resulting behavior points to vertexes or triangles of either mesh or collider floating WAY out beyond the rest of the model, screwing up all attempts to figure out the bounds of the vehicle.  This will also cause issues with stock drag and heating as well, if that concerns you.

I can't fix any of this on my end, I'm afraid.  FAR doesn't have any easy way to determine which parts of the mesh / colliders to ignore, so could you take a look at those and see if you can find any issues?

Edit: I copied this issue to the repo for easy tracking.  Hope that doesn't cause any issues.

Edited by ferram4

Hello !

I confirmed what @ferram4 and @TeiwazVIE just said. For me, it's the Skipper and Mainsail. I didn't unlocked the Rhino so far, so couldn't tell, but the Poodle and Terrier are fine for me.

As I don't know how to fix this, I just removed the Skipper.mu and Mainsail.mu files from the mod for now.

Hello guys !

I am having issues while playing around with the ven's stock revamp and the procedural parts:

I am building a rocket with procedural parts and I just discovered that ven's stock revamp has new tank butts for the engines.

If I am right, the additional node that one can see above the engines in the VAB is new with vens revamp and can be used to make the tank butts appear.

The problem is that I want to make a nice 2.5 shroud around my RE-I5 "Skipper" engine but I cannot find a way to cover the tank butt correctly with a nice and solid shroud.

Do you maybe have a idea how to do this ?

Thank you very much ! :)

Edit: Forgot to mention that node at the nozle of the engine seems to be higher than it  should be ? 

Edited by FuzzY60
Forgot to mention that node at the nozle of the engine seems to be higher than it should be ?

1 hour ago, FuzzY60 said:

Hello guys !

I am having issues while playing around with the ven's stock revamp and the procedural parts:

I am building a rocket with procedural parts and I just discovered that ven's stock revamp has new tank butts for the engines.

If I am right, the additional node that one can see above the engines in the VAB is new with vens revamp and can be used to make the tank butts appear.

The problem is that I want to make a nice 2.5 shroud around my RE-I5 "Skipper" engine but I cannot find a way to cover the tank butt correctly with a nice and solid shroud.

Do you maybe have a idea how to do this ?

Thank you very much ! :)

Edit: Forgot to mention that node at the nozle of the engine seems to be higher than it  should be ? 

There are two top nodes for the engines. The uppermost will give you a tank butt, the lower one will be buttless. I do agree with you about the shroud not properly covering the tank-butted Skipper. 

♫♫ I like tank butts and I cannot lie... ♫♫ (oh, come on, you were already thinking it)

36 minutes ago, Jack Wolfe said:

There are two top nodes for the engines. The uppermost will give you a tank butt, the lower one will be buttless. I do agree with you about the shroud not properly covering the tank-butted Skipper. 

♫♫ I like tank butts and I cannot lie... ♫♫ (oh, come on, you were already thinking it)

Thanks for your quick response !

Do you by chance know any way to get rid of this "shroud-less" problem ? :D

Thanks man !

Any further hints and tricks are welcome :lol:

Those panels in 1.9.3 were positioned 90 degrees off rotation in the model so I presume you've updated to 1.9.4 and the model has updated to be positioned correctly. The panels on new craft you launch should be fine.

13 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

where do your sympathies lie these days?

Sympathies to what im confused? Are u kidding or serious? 

2 hours ago, Poodmund said:

Those panels in 1.9.3 were positioned 90 degrees off rotation in the model so I presume you've updated to 1.9.4 and the model has updated to be positioned correctly. The panels on new craft you launch should be fine.

U r right my new craft r correct. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.